Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!
The laugh - it's from Yazoo Situation.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbaygmy30Z8 (21 secs in) - not sure which version has it clean, but this is the source.
Stabs - try this VST in your Daw - has loads of classic sounds sampled into it :
Other than that, there is a group on FB called Wavshare that you can be invited to I think, but it's a private page, so you need someone on your friends list to invite you.
Yeah bin there done that, It’s like when you have your first bong, exciting at first but not any more. I’d like to see a new fresh scene That is true underground! None of this pigeon hole sub genre nonsense.
New Skool….New Old Skool, yeah maaan!
That’s the thing, there’s been nothing new for over 20years now like a new genre, scene or counterculture, what was the last thing Dubstep??? I just call it robot f**king noise! There needs to be a new scene but what would it sound like?
The problem is most people no longer actively seek new music.They are fed it by youtube recommendations and stream playlists.Peoples tastes are becoming more nainstream at a time when more music than ever is being released.
I still love house / rave music and go to reunions sometimes. I'm also an aspiring producer and hope to have an EP out in the next couple of years. I agree though, most modern music is crap lol!
Just thinking is rave and dance music just dead now? I know it’s been like that for a few years now but people live their lives as if it never existed in the first place, people just don’t have apetite for rave music anymore, well the mainstream music scene don’t. Any commercial music made today won’t be remembered like the classics of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s will they? It feels like the good music has gone and taken away from me and my generation, the spirit is gone and nothing worth listening too and Friday nights are just boring mediocre trash now. All this new rave stuff just seems hurried and gash and doesn’t have the full vibe of the original music. The odd one can be okay but not a lot. Maybe I should start trolling again like the good old days of the early 2000s. Get back to the oldskool live and kicking again! Ain’t you just bored now? What you guys think?
I think that Liquid deserves to get his own topic since we got some news today, an announcement for a forthcoming album coming around March on Kniteforce Records...
That's the second personal release after "Still EP" which came out on KF six months ago ( kniteforce.bandcamp.com/album/kf82-liquid-still-ep )
I have 3 questions.
Firstly, does anyone remember where that famous female laugh sample (a delayed laugh) was taken from? I know that's not much to go on but it was a really famous one used in house tracks back in the day. I sadly can't remember any specific tracks at the moment that used it.
I've also been looking for high quality (16 bit stereo wav) rave stabs and samples. Anyone know any decent packs out there? Zenhiser seemed too over processed for me. Unless that was just for the demo purposes on their site but don't wanna purchase them to find out they're exactly the same. I want them effect free. Loopmasters didn't seem to come up with anything I thought decent either or what I was looking for and I bought some ages ago called DMS Old Skool Rave which had every stab imaginable on it but they're all like tremelo'd or wah'd so even though the samples were say 3 or 4 seconds in length, you could only use the first 1 second or less of it before it wah'd. Someone said, that's probably done due to copyright. I'm looking for the landlord stab, the Brazil - Spectrum stab, some of the stabs used by Altern8, the Mentasm stab etc. I want a decent high quality sample pack with say 100 stabs and samples in it, so 50 stabs say and 50 house samples such as the laugh mentioned earlier.
Thirdly, couldn't I just sample all the stabs I need from CD's (I was told records might have hiss) so I could just buy all the records with the samples / stabs on them and sample them myself? how hard is this process?
Janurary 2019 Renegade Radio 107.2 fm are proud to be celebrating Glenn Aston's Oldskool Sundays Radio Show 10 years on air anniversary!
Special guests joining Glenn will be The Godfather of Rave DJ Slipmatt AND The Godfather & Pioneer of Jungle Techno Ron Wells PKA Jack Smooth .
FREE ANDROID APP: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.renegaderadio.hcl
Stream Link: www.renegaderadio.co.uk/renegade.pls
TuneIn - tunein.com/radio/Renegade-Radio-s112520/
Or search Renegade Radio 107.2FM in your search engine
The TRUE Underground Vibes - Worldwide!!!
I am keeping a close eye on these, may well treat myself if reviews and pricing are both good.
I'm now sold out of this but if you want one there are a few over at Seventh Storey:
After the disappointment of the 'audiophile' 1200s which were both ludicrously expensive and IMO cheap looking (having seen them in the flesh at Richer Sounds) I hope these will be more like the old ones. No prices announced yet.
I did another guest mix for XTC Nottingham's show on Kemet FM in the UK. Oldskool jungle on three turntables - lotsa ragga, soul and all that good stuff. Hope you enjoy.
The Gambino Family - untitled - Gambino
Jay Parkes and Tone-E-G - untitled - Pin High Records
Chatta B. – Journey Into Sound – Redskin Records
Prizna feat. Junior Demus – No Man No Bad (Ruff Nek mix)
Umbrella Crew – Kuf – Do Or Die Records
De Good, De Bad & De Ugly – Everything (remix)
Studio One – To The Rescue – Jungle Mania
Waterproof Vol. 1 - Waterproof
Ain't Armand – untitled – not on label
New Blood (with Tek 9) - Untitled - London Some'ting
Frankie Paul & Buju Banton – Bring Yu Body (Tom & Jerry remix)
Unknown - Wanna Be Down remix - white label
Bass Master Warriors – Living In The Hood – Big G Records
Doctor Jay & Rush Puppy – Respect – Firm Handed
New Blood – Worries In The Dance – London Some'ting
Da Maytrix - Let Me Know - Kute Kutz
Red Light - Sensi – Red Light (tease)
Hi people - long time since I've signed in. Hope everyone is having a good New Year. Here's my most recent mix - done in October. Played on 3 Tech 12s, 1 CDJ-800 and a Rane Empath. Hope you enjoy = )
Darkers - 90's Badboy
Rude Bwoy Monty - Jungle Man - Frontline
Kali Mon - Warm N Easy - Junglizm
Wayne Marshall - G-Spot - Lewi remix
Darkman - Deeper '95 - Green Bay Wax
Dillinja - You - Vinyl Distribution test press
Shy FX - Who Run Tings? - S.O.U.R.
Majistrate - Run It - Intalektive
B-Jam - Rukus - Smokers Inc.
Sydenham Knights & Tim Reaper - Open Up The Trunk - Phat Bubba
Shy FX - Gangsta Kid III - S.O.U.R.
Invisible Man - The Beginning (Army of Ghosts remix) - free download
Jonny 5 - Lil Maven - Amen Brigade (2 copies)
RJ. - Oriental Sunrise - Hi Pois'n
Tim Reaper - The General (pre-master) - forthcoming on Sweet Sensi Records
Thumbzo - No More Lions (Serving All Suckers) - dub
Dillinja - Ja Know Ya Big (Ja Know Ya Pull Gats Vocoda remix) - dub
Krome & Time - The License VIP - Vinyl Distribution test press
The Concrete Junglist - Indian Posie Pon The Map - Lloydie Crucial Productions
Mafia - Black Hand Volume 1 - untitled - Mafia Records white label
Family Of Intelligence - Agony - Kemet
Drama1 - Musical Sermon - Kemet
Tim Reaper - Walls of Jericho (pre-master) - forthcoming on Sweet Sensi Records
Kemet Crew - The Box Re-opened - Parousia
Terrorist - Sing Time (Vocoda remix) - dub
Urban Jungle - Back In The Days - Vinyl Fatigue remix - dub
Drama1 - I Dont Care - Kemet
Head Pressure & Crazy J - TKO (RIP Teddy) feat. MC Lipton - 8205 Recordings (2 copies)
Underground Software - Informa - Reinforced
Tim Reaper - Jarreau Dub feat. DJ Clear (pre-master) - forthcoming on Sweet Sensi Records
Tim Reaper - Sound Business (pre-master) - forthcoming on Sweet Sensi Records
Time Square - Gangster - Ibiza
My latest release is out now and already down to the last 20 copies, check it out here:
Some weeks ago The Prodigy have set up a kinda remix contest for their upcoming release on "Timebomb Zone"!!
There are so many many remixes on this but I'd just wanna stick to this brand new and absolutely firing takeover by my greek brotha Orestiz, who returned after a while with a serious quality dish!!!
Feel free to comment repost or whatever if you feeling it. I'm personally very happy & honoured listening to such a class Nu-Rave takeover and can't hide my excitement!
High class release once again!!!
Favourite remix comes from Ant To Be "Escapism"
Bigup Edd & all in!
Picking the best of the best Hardcore Breaks , Rave Breaks, Hardcore Techno, Nu-Rave tunes during 2018 and mixing em up into two firing mixes!
This is the annual session of Strictly Nuskool Blog paying homage to the highlight tunes of each year. Mixed by myself & Tariq Ziyad.
Massive shouts out to all involved!!
FREE DL OF THE SESSION: bit.ly/2AhhAIW
CD1 - Mixed by GL0WKiD
01. MindTransit - New Rave is Dead (2018 remaster) [BAD HABIT]
02. Manarchy - Bass Drama [KAMBO RECORDS]
03. Luna-C - Children of the Mind (Original Mix) [KNITEFORCE DIGITAL]
04. Kokushimusou - James Brown is (not dead) [ANTHEM RECORDS]
05. KeeZee - BAAAD! [RAVE RADIO RECORDS]
06. DJ Mark C - Turn Up Da Levels [SONIC FORTRESS]
07. Paul Cronin - Hardcore Yo Yo (Deadly Nightshade Remix) [RAVESKOOL RECORDINGS]
08. MAID TWIST - Grand Cross [REWINDBACK RECORDS]
09. Aeon Four - Shrapnel Seeds
10. The Prodigy - Out Of Space (Aeon Four remix)
11. Hyper On Experience - Lift Me Up (Luna-C Remix) [KNITEFORCE RECORDS]
12. TNO Project - This Gen-E-ration [KNITEBREED]
13. Shadowplay & Ant To Be - 1234 [KNITEFORCE RECORDS]
14. Yannick Biscuits - Let The Rhythm (Remix) [4 THE CORE RECORDINGS]
15. Shoreman - Take My Hand [KNITEFORCE RECORDS]
16. Alex Jungle - Land Of Milk And Gold [KNITEFORCE RECORDS]
17. Marusha - Deep (D & B Remix) [CLUB ARREST MUSIC]
18. Blasta - Hyperspeed [FUTURE JUNGLE MUSIC]
19. Worldwide Epidemic - Enterprise [DIAMOND LIFE]
20. Yudaidhun - Kuttimpa [REWINDBACK RECORDS]
21. Bizzy B - This Is Computerised (Pursuit's nu-rave remix 2018)
22. Mannik - Computers Are Taking Over The World (The Timespan Remix) [KNITEFORCE RECORDS]
23. Yell O Phase - In The Begining (Darkness Mix) [SONIC FORTRESS]
24. Pursuit - Creeper Weed (exclusive album mix) [THIS IS NU-RAVE]
25. Unknown Artist - New Clear Attack [WHITE LABEL]
CD2 - Mixed by TARIQ ZIYAD
01. Dope Ammo, Kathy Brown & Wyld Child - I'm Good ft. Frenic (Liquid Remix) [DOPE AMMO]
02. Case 82 - Rock With Me [RAVESKOOL RECORDINGS]
03. The Prodigy - Timebomb Zone [BMG]
04. Retropolis - Calling Me [OCTOTRAX]
05. Retropolis Ft Faydz - Start the Panic [OCTOTRAX]
06. Strange Rollers - U No Dat
07. DJ Jedi - Feel It [JEDI RECORDINGS]
08. AfterLife - The World Is Yours [PEACE ON WAX]
09. Case 82 Ft Return to Zero - Don't Break My Heart [RAVESKOOL RECORDINGS]
10. Beat Jugglers - Vibezin ft Evenson Allen
11. DJ Seduction - Love Like This [21st CENTURY IMPACT]
12. Sub Fusion - Paranoid Flashbacks [36 HERTZ]
13. Kreggo + Textasy - The Definitive Hardcore Anthem [aud ART]
14. Luna C & Lowercase - Get Away [KNITEFORCE RECORDS]
15. Damage Inc. - Joy Of The Prodigy Dancers [SONIC FORTRESS]
16. Lavery - Who's In Da Place
17. Amaretto - Hardcore Drums [DRED COLLECTIVE]
18. Stormski - Cry (Stormski's Pulling Me Back Mix) [PEACE ON WAX]
19. Gareth Monks - Live For The Future