Paranoid Production Compo ENTRIES! / VOTING!

More
05 Sep 2017 19:52 #16 by leonized
Replied by leonized on topic Paranoid Production Compo ENTRIES! / VOTING!
I've seen 3 votes for this competition on the Facebook page (mine included)... I thought this was the voting page but after 15 posts no votes?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2017 19:56 #17 by leonized
Replied by leonized on topic Paranoid Production Compo ENTRIES! / VOTING!
Captains log... Star date, page 2... Still no votes!

• EleveneezerGoode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Sep 2017 21:47 #18 by EleveneezerGoode
Replied by EleveneezerGoode on topic Paranoid Production Compo ENTRIES! / VOTING!

leonized wrote: Captains log... Star date, page 2... Still no votes!

2 people openly gave their votes on Page 1, l also gave my votes but erased them and PMed them to renegadegenius instead (don't want to end up on any techno ravers' hitlist). Scroll up!

More
06 Sep 2017 01:22 - 06 Sep 2017 01:24 #19 by The_Ruffneck
Replied by The_Ruffneck on topic Paranoid Production Compo ENTRIES! / VOTING!

leonized wrote: I've seen 3 votes for this competition on the Facebook page (mine included)... I thought this was the voting page but after 15 posts no votes?!

Here, paranoid recordings facebook, where else are people submitting votes?

Also I don't know anyone elses thoughts but top 10 sounds too much.There are 18 tracks so i say do top 6.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2017 01:24 by The_Ruffneck.

• renegadegenius
  • renegadegenius's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
06 Sep 2017 05:31 #20 by renegadegenius
Replied by renegadegenius on topic Paranoid Production Compo ENTRIES! / VOTING!
There's been 7 votes so far - couple via pm's on here, FB & on Soundcloud.

Need more though so might let the votes go on a bit longer to give people time to listen to the tracks (as there were quite a few this time.

More
06 Sep 2017 08:16 #21 by gaffer
Oioi B2VOS crew hope all is good!

I've listened to all the tracks once and its good to see the standard is higher than ever! I will give them all a couple more listens and fire my votes over to RG over the weekend :D

Gonna be hard to pick just 5!

• renegadegenius
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
07 Sep 2017 09:01 #22 by renegadegenius
Gonna extend the deadline for voting until the end of next week (17th) to get some more votes in.
Want to try and get at least as many votes as we've had tracks.

More
07 Sep 2017 18:42 #23 by jmt1975
Replied by jmt1975 on topic Paranoid Production Compo ENTRIES! / VOTING!
Brilliant tracks, with some awesome production. I have listened to these 4-5 times and struggled with the vote.
1st ---track 15
2nd---track 4
3rd---track 3
4th---track 1
5th---track 18

More
10 Sep 2017 05:15 #24 by The_Ruffneck
RG can you check your private messages for the final version of the wav file? it's the 2nd link.Not sure if you are getting the private messages because no response.Cheers.

• renegadegenius
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
10 Sep 2017 05:37 #25 by renegadegenius
Cheers - I did respond to your last one (3db headroom) - did you not get that one?
I've received 2 from you - but zero notification by email or on here - just found it by looking at the messages.
Will grab the 2nd one ;)

• renegadegenius
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
13 Sep 2017 06:40 #26 by renegadegenius
@ The Ruffneck - did you receive my pms ??

Also, voting now closed end of this week, so if you liked the tracks, please make sure you vote.
Cheers.

More
13 Sep 2017 19:09 #27 by gaffer
Right big thanks to everyone that took the time to make a tune and take part in this the standard really was amazing this time around and seems to just keeping getting higher every time we do one of these :)

my votes:
1st - Track 15 - i was skankin all round the house to this which isnt a pretty sight in all honesty lol
2nd - Track 4 - proper tight production on this one very nice tune indeed, bassline really hits you when you got it up loud - lovely stuff :D
3rd - track 6 - reminded me a bit of the old rabbit city releases from bitd, good tune!
4th - track 16 - i always love an amen break, this track was simple but effective i really liked it
5th - Track 3 - nice drums on this and nice production in general

Also some comments/feedback on the rest of the entries as i think they all deserve it (for full disclosure one of the below was by myself Ive just written some nice things about it so it isnt obvious which one lol)

track 1 - this was the best of the rest for me and was in and out of my top 5 while i was trying to decide, really liked this one
track 2 - nice track, obama sample works really well with the piano and the pad. bit too short for me which is the only reason i didnt put it in the top 5
track 5 - liked the drums on this, i think i might know who made this one ;)
track 7 - its a shame Rg isnt voting because if he was i reckon this tune would be in his top 3, in his own words he likes tunes that are a bit 'mental' lol. There were some good ideas in this but there was a bit too much going on for me, thats just down to my personal taste though because this was the only track that got a rewind request when i played it on the radio the other night ;)
track 8 - nice use of the reggae samples, this was another that was in and out of my top 5 and only narrowly missed out
track 9 - another really good tune with nice production, only thing that let it down for me was that it finished a bit suddenly could have done with a slightly longer outro. other than that all good :)
track 10 - another great tune really well put together, nice stabs and again nice use of the reggae sample, again a bit too short for me could have done with a bit more of an outro but other than that this is a really good track
track 11 - some proper raw sounding oldskool darkside business right here :D
track 12 - sounded like it came straight out of 1992, liked the stabs on this one in particular
track 13 - another mental tune lol, crazy tune but in a good way, another i think RG would have liked :P
track 14 - again really liked this one it was in and out of my top 5, just my opinion but i reckon it would have been better off without using the acapulco reggae sample cos that changed the mood of the track a bit. still a really nice tune though!
track 17 - nice summer vibes to this its got an early hardcore feel like a 91 style tune, really nice!
track 18 - yeah liked this one as well, nice stabs throughout and liked the acid bit that comes in halfway through. good tune ;)

HUGE respect to all the entries they were all excellent :) im really looking forward to knowing who they are all by i'm usually pretty good at guessing but im really not sure on the majority of these :D

More
16 Sep 2017 09:04 #28 by gaffer
Voting closes tomorrow!

More
17 Sep 2017 14:09 #29 by stuz74
Here's my votes for the Production Comp. So many good tunes, and honestly not a single duff track in the whole collection.

#1 Track 14 - Proper 1992 style junglism with loads of mashup sound business going on. Loving that bassline drone and use of the "Ruff and Rugged" vocals with the 'Rudie' melody.

# 2 Track 11 - Can't beat a bit of dark jungle techno. This one has 1993 written all over it. Hoovers, moody synths and thumping kickdrums. Can't ask for any more than that!!!

#3 Track 12 - Am sure I know who did this one? I have huge love for this full-on, mental barrage of stabs style of breakbeat hardcore. The breaks on the intro are insane!!!

#4 Track 16 - Real rolling oldskool jungle vibes on this one. Gorgeous vox, pads and pounding kickdrums set to a manic amen break backing. Got a well polished feel to it. Quality.

# 5 Track 3 - First there is light. Then in comes the darkness!!! Great piano intro which soon morphs into a massive dark drop combined with rugged breaks. Top change of atmosphere on this un'!

Had to add these two as honourable mentions too... :}

5 - The atmospheric blips, beeps and pads on this one are wicked. Great to hear this breakbeat sliced and diced to such effect. Have never heard it manipulated this way before. The drop is gorgeous too and the digeridoo is a nice touch also.

7 - Ohh! Liking the addition of the early Warp Records samples and the mad switchups throughout this track. Perfectly captures the anything goes atmosphere of early hardcore! Proper white label bizness.

More
18 Sep 2017 00:39 #30 by The_Ruffneck
Well it's Monday now, voting is over so i will upload my track to soundcloud now.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds