Topic-icon The indoor rave scene (think Slammin Vinyl, One nation, HTDI, Fusion etc)..

• Restless1
  • Restless1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
17 Feb 2019 10:55 #1 by Restless1
Is this scene and those brands dead now? Surely it all died out at the end of the 00's?

Is it still going strong? Are the brands still strong? Or isn't there a current generation of ravers out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2019 05:59 #2 by 1992

Surely it all died out at the end of the 00's?

I'm pretty sure everything is dead.  Who is going to go to a show like that these days?  Maybe there'd be a few toxic as fuck chin stroking internet forum nerds in a corner.

However "The World of Drum and Bass" just had an event in Brooklyn last night.  This is an ongoing series, "The world of drum and bass".  I didn't go as I don't like going to these things by myself anymore, its too boring.  My only friend who liked this stuff died of cancer last year and we went to these "World of Drum and Bass" shows.  I can't really imagine who would be going to these events anymore.  I would have to guess it was a bunch of hipsters with beards who got into DnB when they heard some Clownstep by Twisted Individual.  I doubt there were any 40+ year olds there who got into DnB when they heard Acen "Close your eyes" like me.

Or isn't there a current generation of ravers out there?

Certainly not!  There's only hipsters.  Have you seen those "Boiler Room" videos on youtube?  They're unfortunate.

More
29 May 2019 10:38 #3 by noisemonkey
Slammin Vinyl became Westfest
Fusion still do some nights down south I think very occasionally.
One Nation hasn't done anything in ages
Fantazia sold the brand to someone who put on a scam festival.
Dreamscape tried to put on a huge event which didn't happen so they went bust.

I would still go to one if it's was old skool in the main room or a sizable lineup in a second room though.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds