Hardcore Drama Team "Do U C The Light" - REmastered?

29 Jun 2018 05:30 #1 by 1992
I was just surfing Discogs as I usually do and I came upon this completely by accident....

www.discogs.com/Hardcore-Rhythm-Team-Do-...ght/release/10412705

It's a remastered version of Hardcore Rhythm Team "Do U C The Light". A favorite tune of mine. I have the original white label but the thing sounds terrible. I guess one could say, that's part of its charm. Yet for me, I'm into sound quality.

First thing is... if they want to remaster it so it sounds better then why the heck is it on colored vinyl. Colored vinyl is known to not sound so hot.

More importantly some "lovely person" has decided to make discogs not allow its sale. So If someone like myself wants a copy, how do I buy it?

I found this other link but when you click on it, it goes to a dead link on band camp.

strictlynuskool.blogspot.com/2017/04/har...do-u-c-light-12.html

What the heck? Hardcore Drama Team indeed. What a shame!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jul 2018 17:49 #2 by renegadegenius
Replied by renegadegenius on topic Hardcore Drama Team "Do U C The Light" - REmastered?
There was big drama with this.
Was going to be pressed properly, but they then decided to do it themselves, charge people double the asking price of current represses & then when they got near the date of the pressing to be available, they started selling a lot cheaper and upsetting the people that did the pre-orders who helped them fund it.

Plus it's been "mastered" to buggery - far too squashed.
The other tune sounded like it's had heavy noise reduction on it (as I heard the original files).

All in all, a poor repress & think the reason it got pulled is one party decided they no longer wanted anything to do with it & stopped sales.

09 Jul 2018 12:39 #3 by dj jedi
It's shit, don't waste your time or money. As you say the original sounds terrible and that's not because of the mastering, it's just that the original track was really badly made. The repress is just a louder version of the same shit sounding track.

14 Jul 2018 10:47 #4 by 1992
Renegade and Jedi, your comments were the most interesting and informative I've seen yet. I think you guys are right about it not being worth it, though I don't have a choice as I can't find it. That NRG mix on the flip I believe is some sort of mid 90s happyhardcore remix which I wouldn't have any use for.

14 Jul 2018 11:15 #5 by renegadegenius
Replied by renegadegenius on topic Hardcore Drama Team "Do U C The Light" - REmastered?
More here:

www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk/index.php/ku...-rhythm-team-repress

And clips of the 2 main tracks - These are from digital masters!

we.tl/47auebz23M
(Link will last 1 week)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1992

14 Jul 2018 12:27 #6 by 1992
I can see what you guys mean about the track being compressed. There's some strange "breathing" of the breakbeat that does not exist in the real record.

The NRG remix isn't bad though. I thought it was going to be 1995 happyhardcore.

14 Jul 2018 13:31 #7 by renegadegenius
The remix is ok, but sounds like it's had a noise reduction filter put on it - sounds....odd.

31 Jul 2018 06:43 - 31 Jul 2018 06:44 #8 by 1992
I was so cheesed off by this HRT BS that I made a remix. There's some serious Ron Wells influence here with the call and response. I'm going to further tweek it in the next mix I make with it. I have too much reverb in the intro and reverb sounds bad in the tail end of the "It's Brutal" riff.

It's the last track in this mix:
www.house-mixes.com/profile/1992/play/19...es-simon-vol-1-320kb

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds