Rave connections to the far right

02 Jun 2018 20:35 #1 by stringz
Rave connections to the far right was created by stringz
Unsurprising in some senses but interesting nonetheless:

Andy Swallow - West Ham hooligan then founder Centreforce FM and Pasha at Echoes nightclub in Bow, made jungle as part of New Class A on labello Blanco records. Now Football Lads Alliance leader.

Phillip Hickin - Promoter of 2000AD Desire raves , now leader of FLA

Paul Dawkes - promoter of Pandemonium raves in also FLA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2018 16:39 #2 by stringz
Replied by stringz on topic Rave connections to the far right
Tumbleweed city!

22 Jun 2018 11:57 #3 by Ian Saunders
Replied by Ian Saunders on topic Rave connections to the far right
I find this all terribly depressing, going on FB and ravers being openly xenophobic thick cunts.

For a scene that originally had the mindset that it didn't matter who you were, you were welcome, to this.

09 Jul 2018 21:07 #4 by stringz
Replied by stringz on topic Rave connections to the far right
Was it really that open minded though really.
I remember the promoters of Sunday Roast in an interview, saying one of the reasons they started Roast was that black people were constantly getting turned away from raves, so they decided to make their own thing.
There were black people at raves bitd but as happened at alot of places there was a probably a quota system in place which would have undoubtedly been at the behest of the promoter. Behind the PLUR ethos of the scene, the racist attitudes of British society still existed. Yet for the time, i still think the scene had a relatively open minded attitude. However i do remember there were alot of complaints in 93 going into 94 by ravers saying that the vibe had become moody. A lot of this was just a euphemism for black people. I think as the colour balance at raves became more mixed, it made alot of the white ravers, esp those from the suburbs and provincial towns feel a bit uncomfortable.

While i think that most working class white men now accept Black people in the UK as being British, that doesn't extend to Muslim people, which over the last couple of decades, has brought racism/intolerance back to the fore.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds