Well Hardcore is well and truly dead ain’t it?

21 Feb 2018 14:33 #1 by Coolbreeze
I dunno why Matt Clarke bothers with this website anymore, it all seems truly dead now doesn’t it. I think when I hit 40years of age I’m quitting listening to oldskool or nu rave for good. I’m fed up of hearing half hearted tunes being made and dj sets the play the same shite day in day out. Hardly anyone visits this forum anymore or reply’s to messages anymore. Sorry to have a rant and don’t blame Facebook as I don’t use crap like that. Seems one big disappointment at the moment. Think I’ll quit and this will be last post from me. I’m bloody done tbh!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2018 01:17 #2 by The_Ruffneck
Replied by The_Ruffneck on topic Well Hardcore is well and truly dead ain’t it?
It's dead if you're checking it every few hours.Just check it once or twice a week and it's fine.

22 Feb 2018 12:46 #3 by dj_gyr8
Hi,

It is very simple, the rise of FB meant fewer people use Forums to communicate. It is not just B2VOS, it is every Forum.

Ironically, the music is actually having its biggest revival and there are more vinyls being pressed now than ever before...

Remember also, B2VOS was the main place for people to discuss unknown tracks and 'wants', which is now obsolete, as Discogs covers all this...

Most importantly, consider the age of people who were at a rave in 1992... these people are pushing 50 years old!

03 Mar 2018 12:24 #4 by audiohazard
Replied by audiohazard on topic Well Hardcore is well and truly dead ain’t it?
If my bank balance is anything to go by, hardcore vinyl is more alive than it has been for a long time.. I'm wondering what kva are gonna pull out of the bag next.

06 Mar 2018 14:58 #5 by Traffic Cone
Replied by Traffic Cone on topic Well Hardcore is well and truly dead ain’t it?
Last rave I went to that had oldskool was great - on the happy hardcore side sure but I heard loads of obscure classics and didn't hear the same tune twice. And music wise there seems to have been more decent stuff in the last couple of years than in ages.

Yeah the forum's dead but...it has been around for so long. Only so many discussions you can have about oldskool, record buying, raves etc before people get bored. Even leaving aside the changes in which social media networks people use and what they use them for; forums do also just have that natural lifespan, to some degree. Don't think it reflects the music at all.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds