Topic-icon Was RAVE music the work of the DEVIL?

• Coolbreeze
  • Coolbreeze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
07 Nov 2017 15:48 #1 by Coolbreeze
Coolbreeze created the topic: Was RAVE music the work of the DEVIL?
Hi all, you’ve heard It all before rock and roll, pop, punk, disco and then rave was all the work of devil? What did religious people say about Rave music? Was the Music evil and to poison the minds of the rebel youth at the time? I mean at the start of the rave era we had acid house, a recession in uk and 3million unemployed in thatcher era, everything was blamed on the young, the youth thought fuck it we’ll party to reptivive beats and squelchy synths and create a cult like following and party hard? Did it help improve people’s lives or was it all a distraction and instead of solving our problems we turned to hedonistic pleasure instead? People like mark devlin a dj who wrote the book music truth thinks a lot of the music scenes in 20th century were all set up to munipulate the masses but in what way? Its obvious the Beatles and a lot of famous big rock groups were set up with corporate backing and used by global elites but for what or for big bucks? I always thought underground rave was a very organic movement and was from bottom up rather than top down like commercial music or anything set up. Even so the rave scene was the last true genre of the last decade, last century and of the last millennium. Was it really the peak of all music? Because to my ears nothing touch’s it since? I mean where’s today’s big genres or movements? Jack shit really!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2017 09:57 #2 by Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone replied the topic: Was RAVE music the work of the DEVIL?
i know in Holland you would get religious people protesting outside of big raves. there was even one priest who tried to lead a big campaign about it, and then some producer sampled him being interviewed on TV for a track (which he then had banned). and then that priest put out a book linking hardcore with the devil, etc, printing various CD covers without permission - so he was then sued by the record labels :D

but i think that's partly because the music is a bit more outwardly dark, with more "evil" imagery - and also because i think there are more fundamentalist christians in the Netherlands than here (although overall they may be more liberal).

i wonder if that ever happened in the UK - i've never heard about it.

More
08 Nov 2017 16:35 #3 by Ian Saunders
Ian Saunders replied the topic: Was RAVE music the work of the DEVIL?
I think the church tried to co-opt the rave scene if anything - Chris Brain's 9 o'clock service springs to mind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_O%27Clock_Service

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds