Topic-icon 20 Years of B2VOS

• dj jedi
  • dj jedi's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2017 21:17 - 06 Nov 2017 21:18 #1 by dj jedi
dj jedi created the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
November 2017 marks the 20th anniversary of B2VOS. I just wanted to say thanks to Matt for keeping it going all these years. I've been using the site since the very beginning, Matt may remember me pestering him to upload my mixes and sell me his vinyl :lol: I've made many good friends through here over the years, some of whom I still speak to today. And not forgetting the legendary DJ Lien, you will be missed. Here's what the site looked like back then when I was lucky enough to have a mix featured (don't laugh at the track listing!)

Attachments:
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2017 21:18 by dj jedi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2017 21:32 - 06 Nov 2017 21:33 #2 by electric tribe
electric tribe replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
Back to the old skool old skool.

I remember that mix......although, looking at it now are you sure you're not the Ratpack (yes both them)?

Has been a great 20 yrs on here, feel like it is just part of me coming on here (it is always in my google frequent sites list).

Well done to Matt for keeping it running for two decades, i'm not sure i have actually been on any site as long as this one.
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2017 21:33 by electric tribe.

More
07 Nov 2017 08:53 #3 by DJ Chance
DJ Chance replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
Echo what you boys say. Met some great people through here, had some great days/nights out, heard some wicked tunes, put out some great tracks/CD's.

Also not forgetting Lien, who was a 'big player' on here over the years, gone but never forgotten.

More
07 Nov 2017 11:23 #4 by Ian Saunders
Ian Saunders replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
Great stuff!

It's funny to see old old skool tracklists - chock full of anthems, but because the idea of old skool was so new no-on minded. Now unless it's got 1993 unreleased darkside tunes from some artist who never even got played out BITD no-one's interested :D

More
07 Nov 2017 16:10 #5 by DJ Chance
DJ Chance replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
Very true!

Also love the note from Matt re sending in mixes. helpful if under 45 mins so can fit on a tapes and under 8mb :) :) Thats Old Skool it self these days!!

• dj jedi
  • dj jedi's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2017 19:16 #6 by dj jedi
dj jedi replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
Back then tunes like that were what was going for top money on vinyl, nobody cared about the obscure stuff. How times have changed. It took me ages to find all those records before Discogs and even eBay.

• alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
08 Nov 2017 08:46 #7 by alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C
alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
so true what Jedi states there.... That was the time to buy any 1993 rare bits...

More
08 Nov 2017 18:53 #8 by Richruffcut
Richruffcut replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
Was indeed mate. Even in 92/93 there was loads of tunes in bargain bins in record shops dirt cheap like 50p or £1 that nobody wanted that go for stupid money now. Just wish i had known it back then would have got loads more

More
10 Nov 2017 20:34 #9 by Matt Clarke
Matt Clarke replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS
Lolz, 8mb. A single mp3 is bigger than that now days.

More
21 Nov 2017 22:42 #10 by Lost
Lost replied the topic: 20 Years of B2VOS

dj jedi wrote: Back then tunes like that were what was going for top money on vinyl, nobody cared about the obscure stuff. How times have changed. It took me ages to find all those records before Discogs and even eBay.

I remember well. It's how I ended up with Big Bad Head on Formation for less than a tenner. I paid out of my arse for Trip to the Moon Pt2 and the sleeve was in a right shit condition, well it still is lol

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.910 seconds