Topic-icon The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?

More
11 Sep 2017 10:42 #19 by stringz
stringz replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?

EleveneezerGoode wrote:
UK Garage ('97 onward) was music for gyms and manual workers.

Manual workers? Is that posh speak for "working class"?

You mean pretty much the same audience as hardcore ravers from 91-94 just a few years older (certainly in London anyway).

your weird post is weird
The following user(s) said Thank You: DSK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Coolbreeze
  • Coolbreeze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
11 Sep 2017 12:24 #20 by Coolbreeze
Coolbreeze replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?
Do I have genius idea or not, expanding the frequency range of humans would discover new territory in music? How do I go about inventing a futuristic super hearing aid? Don't really see much on internet talking about the idea?

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
11 Sep 2017 12:36 #21 by Coolbreeze

Oh yeah test your ears with the above? What is your highest human frequency you can hear? Think mine was 14,500hz before I lost it. Use headphones and don't do it too loud, you'll probably bust your ears doing that.

More
11 Sep 2017 14:02 #22 by Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?

Coolbreeze wrote: Do I have genius idea or not, expanding the frequency range of humans would discover new territory in music? How do I go about inventing a futuristic super hearing aid? Don't really see much on internet talking about the idea?

I would say: no. Just having existing music with all the same ideas but with deeper bass or higher treble I don't think would make a revolution in music.

That's the other thing - the explosion of electronic music in the 80s/90s also meant a lot of new things were tested in terms of tempo, structure, form and so on. The ability to sample and to automatically sequence music is more of a fundamental change than anything subsequent.

It's hard to imagine even conceptually what new technology could do similar - even if you invent a new sound, adding that to a 140 bpm, 4/4 drum pattern is not exactly that much of a reinvention.

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
11 Sep 2017 14:12 #23 by Coolbreeze
Your probably right, it would give more quality and depth to music with crystal clear recordings but not really change the music much, its like Apple Macs now having billion colours on screen but not really noticing much difference from previous macs. I could write a book called coolbreeze's thousand mad theories that will never work. Hehe. Must be my aspergers. I'll shut up now.

• EleveneezerGoode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2017 18:43 #24 by EleveneezerGoode
EleveneezerGoode replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?

stringz wrote:

EleveneezerGoode wrote: UK Garage ('97 onward) was music for gyms and manual workers.

Manual workers? Is that posh speak for "working class"?
You mean pretty much the same audience as hardcore ravers from 91-94 just a few years older (certainly in London anyway).
your weird post is weird

I mentioned blue and white collar workers, and gym bos. Dunno why you've zoomed in on manual workers! What i meant was: music has become mundane, narrowed down, and something we just work our asses off to, instead of an awesome cosmic experience.

Coolbreeze wrote: a band that looked like dirty scum.

Haha yeah. Prodigy take note: rave was not about idolising bands it's about all those wicked compilation albums and fucked up white label tunes (but some ppl have been consistent in producing hits). But if you're gonna be a band, at least look clean, not like a bunch of rotten rats.

Prodigy went from "Equal rights and justice in this land" (Wind It Up) to xenophobic punk shit about spitfires, fighting, rohypnol, lil girls playing xylophone, and another one where a Tory dad leaves lil girl in house to hunt evil fox, turns into evil fox, then presumably returns home to his little daughter and does bad things to her. What a load of fuckin crap, it's impossible to believe they came up with this themselves.

Check out a few of the comments for "Invaders Must Die" on YouTube, Nazis and cellar dwellers, some are even funny:

xRsAtx
1 year ago
RACE WAR NOW RACE WAR NOW

that one guy
1 year ago
donald trumps theme song

Aris Theocharis
9 months ago
Theme song for the upcoming race war in Europe.

Joomes Shistie
10 months ago
DesapoleEdits One day I'm gonna reupload this song with a picture of Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Theresa May holding shotguns on the coast as dinghys can be seen approaching from the distance.

One day.

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
11 Sep 2017 18:54 #25 by Coolbreeze
Ahhh I get it now, invaders must die must be what influenced the hysteria against immigration and foreigners and brexit?? Dam prodigy must more influencial than i thought, why didn't I think of that one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DSK

• EleveneezerGoode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2017 19:05 #26 by EleveneezerGoode
EleveneezerGoode replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?

Coolbreeze wrote: Ahhh I get it now, invaders must die must be what influenced the hysteria against immigration and foreigners and brexit?? Dam prodigy must more influencial than i thought, why didn't I think of that one!

Not sure how you inferred that. In fact l pretty much stated the opposite in my previous post (re: how they couldn't have come up with this crap themselves). They're just tapping into everything that kept rave out, as a cosmic, positive, energy, everything that replaced it with booze in the house and workaday music. Re-read :)

• EleveneezerGoode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2017 19:10 #27 by EleveneezerGoode
Sorry for offending cellar dwelling Nazis btw, l'm already feeling the heat, whew! Time to hang up on this thread. Will bring down bucket of fish heads later okay. Peace :^)

More
12 Sep 2017 16:58 #28 by dj jedi
dj jedi replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?
Well this is the best debate we've had on B2VOS for years, welcome back Coolbreeze :)

More
12 Sep 2017 17:36 #29 by Ian Saunders
Ian Saunders replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?
Surely having a go at the way people chose to look and what they choose to wear if pretty anti-rave as well?

It's a look, I wouldn't go out dressed like that, but plenty of people and bands do. Also, whilst I might not like much of the Prodigy's output post Experience, I still respect the fact that they wanted to, and tried something different. If I was a producer and had a good couple of years banging out fantastic rave music that was also successful, I might want to try and spread my wings musically as well. Especially if the scene that supported my work before had splintered and fractured.

The only reason we're able to criticise The Prodigy in this manner, is because they're the only act from that era (4 Hero aside) who are still going.

What do people think of 4 Hero's later output? I love it, but ravers could have a pop at them for not still knocking out Feel Real Good ad infinitum.

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
13 Sep 2017 11:39 #30 by Coolbreeze
Cheers guys, at the end of the day The prodigy are the most successful dance + electronicas band, if we like their latest stuff or not. They must of done something right, I still listen to their latest album and think its still better than a lot of rubbish around at the moment! I mean radio 1 is dead these days for dance music. I'll be surprised anyone listens to them anymore apart from a few chavs and youths that don't know any better. Well we'll live and let live.

Cheers

Cb

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
13 Sep 2017 17:14 #31 by Coolbreeze

More
15 Sep 2017 10:10 #32 by Heikki Harmaa
Heikki Harmaa replied the topic: The prodigy? Liam Howlett has attitude problem ?
Wow, this topic is on fire!

Nazis mentioned.

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
15 Sep 2017 10:43 #33 by Coolbreeze
www.instagram.com/p/BZBcU1DHX8c/?taken-by=theprodigyofficial

Talking about Fire?? 25years old to this date! Talk about good timing hey?

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds