Topic-icon summer festivals

More
30 Jun 2017 11:56 #1 by dj_gyr8
dj_gyr8 created the topic: summer festivals
Hi,

Anyone going to any summer festivals with oldskool music?

Or have you already been???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2017 13:39 #2 by dj jedi
dj jedi replied the topic: summer festivals
Which ones are you headlining this year? ;)

More
03 Jul 2017 11:39 #3 by dj_gyr8
dj_gyr8 replied the topic: summer festivals
Hi,

lol, not headlining anything this year...

a few smaller tents only. I prefer to enjoy festivals these days, Always felt sad arriving and leaving festivals after only being there for a few hours...

Glasto was great this year, one of the best I have ever been too!

Got a few lined up in warmer climates they summer too

More
07 Jul 2017 12:09 #4 by jamsco99
jamsco99 replied the topic: summer festivals
51st state has an amazing line up,

More
15 Jul 2017 17:20 #5 by WaltJabsco
WaltJabsco replied the topic: summer festivals
Went to the Southport Weekender at Finsbury Park last month. There was a bit of old school there and I caught some of Bukem's set, which was decent. I mainly went to see Juan Atkins though and spent most of the time in the Detroit Techno arena.

The big one was Glastonbury, had a great time there and was one of the best ones I've been to as well. I didn't only go for the old school but saw a fair bit, Mark XTC, Altern8, Goldie's 92-94 rave set at Arcadia (the big fire breathing metallic spider) which was nuts. One of the best things I saw was Billy Bunter's acid house set at 4am on Bez's stage, absolutely loved that. Also a special mention to Hacienda Classical, I wasn't sure if I'd like it as I thought it might be a bit gimmicky, but it worked surprisingly well and went down a storm.

More
16 Jul 2017 11:30 #6 by jamsco99
jamsco99 replied the topic: summer festivals
bbc online had full coverage of the main stages, but they didnt show Hacienda classical which was a bit pissed off about - but I do have tickets for Pete Tongs classical thing at the o2

More
18 Jul 2017 21:22 #7 by Hughesee
Hughesee replied the topic: summer festivals
Last year Symmetry festival was pretty good for oldskool but thats not on this year I think it may be back on next year. Sunday was superb for oldskool on the Clockwork stage and I was lucky to play with my partner Louise +1 on there.

Freekuency at the beginning of the year in Portugal the last 2 years has been great too a fair bit of oldskool with all sorts of other techno/dnb will deffinately go to that next year.

Glastonbury has its fair share of oldskool in Shanri-La and the Common. Really enjoyed playing on Bloc 9/Brainwash in 2015 and again Brainwash in 2016 ... Brainwash was a micro venue for about 100 people in Shangri-la but they seemed to have done away with the micro venues this year. It was great we had Friday night Techno and Saturday Oldskool/Drum and Bass the sets were recorded and are up on mixcloud www.mixcloud.com/Brainwash_Glastonbury/

Boomtown seems like the big one coming up there is bound to be lots of oldskool there.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds