RIP Marcus Intalex

28 May 2017 17:17 - 28 May 2017 17:18 #1 by Matt Clarke
RIP Marcus Intalex was created by Matt Clarke

I loved this great piece of Drum & Bass
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2017 22:46 #2 by Ian Saunders
Replied by Ian Saunders on topic RIP Marcus Intalex
Sad news. Anyone know the cause of death?

29 May 2017 08:56 #3 by dj jedi
Replied by dj jedi on topic RIP Marcus Intalex
Yes very sad news, I saw him play a few times. TBH I would expect this to become more regular now, the DJ lifestyle is far from healthy and some of these guys are in their 50s now.

29 May 2017 09:36 #4 by stringz
Replied by stringz on topic RIP Marcus Intalex
just gutted. He was one of the few reasons to carry on listening to dnb. Very sad. rip

29 May 2017 13:43 #5 by electric tribe
Replied by electric tribe on topic RIP Marcus Intalex
I saw someone say it was a heart attack.

Yes, unfortunately i think you're right Edd. Constant nights is a strain on the body as it is, let alone travel junk food etc...and that is just for the clean living guys.

Terrible shame though.

29 May 2017 14:03 #6 by Restless1
Replied by Restless1 on topic RIP Marcus Intalex

dj jedi wrote: Yes very sad news, I saw him play a few times. TBH I would expect this to become more regular now, the DJ lifestyle is far from healthy and some of these guys are in their 50s now.

Spot on, Ed.

As mentioned before, I do think there's a cut-off age when it comes to DJ'ing as you will just look foolish BUT you've nailed it there with the health reasons.

Marcus seemed like a healthy chap as he was ALWAYS playing golf. But when you DJ's in there latte 40's hammering the pills, powder and booze EVERY weekend since the 90's and their body clock is all over the place you start to think "how long till his body has enough and packs up?" What gets me is that the very elite DJ's who travel the world must be full of inflammation and always ill. Even doing one end of the country to the other can be brutal.

I genuinely think that if you have any sense at all then your health is your No.1 priority. People LOVE to give it all that "you only live once" when they smash the drugs etc, but what a way to waste it. And when you're on your deathbed you will regret it. Going off one one there but health is a big thing for me.

Also, Marcus was a FANTASTIC DJ as well as producer. I highly recommend his Fabric mix. Quality all around. He will be sorely missed.

30 May 2017 09:13 #7 by stringz
Replied by stringz on topic RIP Marcus Intalex
The thing about Marcus is he really didn't make any bad tunes and whilst he always kept his production fresh, his vibes were always proper old skool. He's one of the very few OJ's who never fell off. What a loss!

15 Jun 2017 21:38 #8 by Icewind
Replied by Icewind on topic RIP Marcus Intalex
Horrible news. Always sad when a fellow dnb head passes. RIP. Tune up top is bangin btw.

To restless1, health definitely does come first, but I have heard stories of people who party their entire lives and live until 90, or a person who never so much as touched a beer or cigarette and developed cancer. I believe it is lifestyle choices, but also genetics, luck of the draw.

16 Jun 2017 09:57 #9 by dj jedi
Replied by dj jedi on topic RIP Marcus Intalex

Icewind wrote: I believe it is lifestyle choices, but also genetics, luck of the draw.

Absolutely, sods law.

16 Jun 2017 13:57 #10 by Restless1
Yeah, deffo luck of the draw.

I know people right now that are ABUSING their bodies with drink, heroin etc and they are walking around right as rain! And they've been doing it for years too.

16 Jun 2017 21:00 - 16 Jun 2017 21:01 #11 by Ian Saunders
Replied by Ian Saunders on topic RIP Marcus Intalex
Anyone know how he died yet?

17 Jun 2017 06:00 #12 by Restless1
Pretty sure it was heart related.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds