Andy C Residency at XOYO

20 Jan 2017 19:54 - 20 Jan 2017 19:57 #1 by DJ Chance
Andy C Residency at XOYO was created by DJ Chance
Anyone reaching to any of the nights?

I really fancied tonights with Frost, Kenny Ken and Bryan G.

Looks a proper little sweat box club and I am sure the system is bang on.

Here is part of the set from the opening night where he played for all 7hours. The first and last night of the 13 weeks he is playing on his own but has guests all the other weeks.

Would have loved to hear the Dark Stranger banging on a system after all these years!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2017 20:01 #2 by DJ Chance
Replied by DJ Chance on topic Andy C Residency at XOYO
Love clubs like it, this shows it well

28 Jan 2017 01:34 #3 by gwydir
Replied by gwydir on topic Andy C Residency at XOYO
dusting off my raving shoes to go to the randall & storm one in late feb.

i heard frost & bryan were a let down. andy c smashed it though

witness:

01 Feb 2017 13:08 #4 by DJ Chance
Replied by DJ Chance on topic Andy C Residency at XOYO
I see Andy C has said "Last Friday was one of my favourite ever DJ experiences...week3, wow what a night!"

That is going some for him as he has played every place going. Didn't read anything about Frost and Bryan G though.

01 Feb 2017 18:56 #5 by jamsco99
Replied by jamsco99 on topic Andy C Residency at XOYO
i dont really know too much andy c.
I have alot of his productions but when he blew up as a DJ was when i was moving to house.

Frost and Bryan G are at my local boozer in a few weeks.

18 Feb 2017 22:07 - 18 Feb 2017 22:08 #6 by Restless1
Replied by Restless1 on topic Andy C Residency at XOYO

jamsco99 wrote: i dont really know too much andy c.
I have alot of his productions but when he blew up as a DJ was when i was moving to house.

Frost and Bryan G are at my local boozer in a few weeks.

Andy is absolutely fucking fantastic. EASILY one of THE VERY BEST DJ's this country has EVER produced.

Let me tell you, D&B on a sonic/aural level is THE HARDEST genre out there to make sound perfect. The frequencies are just different of that of any other genre. Andy has PERFECTED it. "Nightlife" 3 (I think, he has headphones on on the cover) is EASILY the best mixed album when it comes to EQ'ing in D&B history or any mix I've ever heard. It's perfection. He has mastered it, and MOST DJ's from that scene haven't.

I've seen Andy bring in NYE a few times and he's just fucking murdered it every time. His consistency for mixing and smashing raves is unmatched.

You will NOT find a better DJ when it comes to mixing and blending vinyl, period. He gets a lock within like 3-4 seconds!

22 Feb 2017 18:15 #7 by Ian Saunders
Replied by Ian Saunders on topic Andy C Residency at XOYO
This prompts a question regarding residents BITD - When I first started going out, and not living in London, there weren't really any residencies. What makes a good resident DJ? Are they freer to experiment, or do they just play safe and let the guests do that? Do they/did you get bored of them playing every week?

22 Feb 2017 20:22 #8 by Restless1
Replied by Restless1 on topic Andy C Residency at XOYO

Ian Saunders wrote: This prompts a question regarding residents BITD - When I first started going out, and not living in London, there weren't really any residencies. What makes a good resident DJ? Are they freer to experiment, or do they just play safe and let the guests do that? Do they/did you get bored of them playing every week?

They know the crowd inside out. If a guest flops, guess who saves the day? The resident.

If anyone is going to play it safe it will be the guest, as a guest is usually a headliner, and headliners usually play big tunes.

I think the idea of a resident died years ago, but a few of them on weekly rotation worked well as they all brought something different.

I personally didn't get bored as the three that were residents were all completely different, but I did yearn for a different big name to play as residents can be predictable.

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds