Damones - HC Hangover (Finnish Oldskool Hardcore)

18 Jun 2017 19:16 #1 by Heikki Harmaa
www.mixcloud.com/DAMONESHCfanclub/

Some very rare tapes by Damones, a Finnish hardcore crew known for their wild (and drunken) live PAs bitd. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2017 16:55 #2 by Thumpson
Nyt on kovaa settiƤ :)

22 Sep 2017 11:14 #3 by stringz
so what year was this from? What were the parties like in Finland? would love to know more.

24 Sep 2017 19:16 #4 by Heikki Harmaa
Replied by Heikki Harmaa on topic Damones - HC Hangover (Finnish Oldskool Hardcore)
I think these tapes are most likely made in '92-'94 and are of original material produced by the crew.

For what I know there was a small but active scene of hardcore produced with amiga and/or c64 here in Finland as a part of this so called 'demo scene' (computer programmers and coders of some sort). They held some gatherings, and some of those people played their tunes at local raves (early to mid-90s, but probably later as well). There were hardcore parties in Finland from '94 onwards at least, but Finnish oldskool raves also often had eclectic dj sets covering various styles including hardcore. Some pioneer dnb/jungle djs also played breakbeat hardcore in their early days.

Unluckily I'm 15 years too young to have attended any early to mid-90s rave events so all I know is what the big boys have told me. :)
Apart from these tapes the only live acts from that era that I've yet heard are Amalgam 5 (from my home town Turku) and Mighty Rubberboots. The latter I reckon was a relatively well-known act in the Finnish rave scene throughout the 90s.

I'm pretty sure there are people in this forum who know more...

25 Sep 2017 14:59 - 25 Sep 2017 15:00 #5 by stringz
just found this which gives a nice little introduction into the Finnish 90s scene.

www.phinnweb.org/finn/

27 Sep 2017 19:48 #6 by Heikki Harmaa

25 Nov 2017 13:08 #7 by Thumpson

Heikki Harmaa wrote: I think these tapes are most likely made in '92-'94 and are of original material produced by the crew.

They seem to be just dj sets.. I recognize many of the tracks (of course some could be their own too).
Some of these have to be at least '96-97 judging by the tracks. The gabbery ones have mostly circa 94 tracks :)

13 Dec 2017 19:07 #8 by Heikki Harmaa
Replied by Heikki Harmaa on topic Damones - HC Hangover (Finnish Oldskool Hardcore)
I'd say it can be bit of both, probably.

I just listened the first two mixes and I'm pretty sure there aren't any post '94 tunes. The latter I don't know, but will have a listen.

And the way those are put together, it doesn't sound like a standard 1s and 2s thing either... I think I actually know someone who could shed more light on this issue. :)

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds