Topic-icon Your earliest tunes on the internet?

• Coolbreeze
  • Coolbreeze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
15 Sep 2017 09:42 #1 by Coolbreeze
Your earliest tunes on the internet? was created by Coolbreeze
What is your earliest tune on the internet?

In early 90s,

Me on vocals and my mate Chris djX on an Amiga 1200 on a early software program a called Octamed which was a sound tracker sequencer and only run on 1mb or 2mb. Just as good as first version of reason in my book. We also had a sampler called stereo master that attached at back of the amiga then jack to jack to a tape recorder and microphone.

This early tune was made in 1994:-

Cheers. Cb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• EleveneezerGoode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Sep 2017 08:43 #2 by EleveneezerGoode
Replied by EleveneezerGoode on topic Your earliest tunes on the internet?
This is probably the earliest that is currently on the net (from around 2004), but l have lots more still in Amiga files that l haven't yet remade:

Apart from that, l used a riff created circa 1992-1993 and another made circa 1996 on my Amiga, as part of my entry in the Paranoid compo 2017.

More
17 Sep 2017 17:04 #3 by DJ Chance
Replied by DJ Chance on topic Your earliest tunes on the internet?
Not my bang earliest but some from around 2002 time

www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=94997

Cant believe acid planet is still up! A very early Soundcloud when you look back!!

• EleveneezerGoode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Sep 2017 17:58 #4 by EleveneezerGoode
Replied by EleveneezerGoode on topic Your earliest tunes on the internet?

DJ Chance wrote: Not my bang earliest but some from around 2002 time

www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=94997

Cant believe acid planet is still up! A very early Soundcloud when you look back!!

I thought you had to own and create with ACID Pro to be on there. Nice to see it's still up, although a DAW's own showcase will always be a backwater. Except, as you say, it looks like an early Soundcloud, not just for one DAW.

Sad to see Rebirth's user submitted tune library disappear. Sad to see Rebith and ACID Pro disappear (ACID Pro mysteriously stopped developing at 32-bit, but still got bought out by Magix, who are just sitting on it, absolutely no good reason for it!). I guess all good things have to be killed so as not to distract us from commercial radio, with monotone lead line, vocals always repeated at a lower octave, steel drum lead sound, bla bla it's all the same bloke l bet!

More
17 Sep 2017 18:26 #5 by renegadegenius
Replied by renegadegenius on topic Your earliest tunes on the internet?
Ok - don't have the very earliest bits - would have been very late 92 I think on the Amiga, but do have some from 93-95.
Enjoy... sort of - they are extremely rough and saved from old tapes, so quality is rubbish.
Some nice ideas here and there, but not worthy of release - maybe the Move Closer one, but I'd need to remake that one.

(Late 92 / Early 93 - Infinity) - Amiga I think
vocaroo.com/i/s1us2xqaw4SX

(94 I think or late 93 - Move Closer)
vocaroo.com/i/s1qZk1PxEvUt

(94 - We Can Dance All Night)
vocaroo.com/i/s02MofKjTIK8

(94 - I'm Alright Baby - just clips of this)
vocaroo.com/i/s0Hysquvwq9w

(96 - Twilight Zone)
vocaroo.com/i/s1g9ICS0zHRM

Think the 1st one above was Amiga & the rest on an old pc with a pc version of octamed.
Also eventually got a midi keyboard, so some bits had some keyboard sounds in them - not sure if the above did as is too long ago now to be 100% sure.

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
17 Sep 2017 19:01 #6 by Coolbreeze
Replied by Coolbreeze on topic Your earliest tunes on the internet?
@dj chance can't play them old acidplanet tunes for some reason, think they were old real player files or something weren't they? Think I've got my old tunes on there too somewhere.

@rg yeah the Amiga was a good piece of kit! Miss those computers! They were so ahead of their time, uncle bill was still in Dos 6.2 mode when we were rocking it with the AMigaz! It took them until 1998 for the PC world to catch up and windows was a pain in the ass with errors and viruses every day nearly! Load of crap that was, glad I swapped to Apple Mac in recent years. Shame the Amiga died out, I suppose every good thing goes to heaven first!

More
17 Sep 2017 19:36 #7 by renegadegenius
Amiga was great - the Blitter Chip! For graphics.
Preferred the sound on the C64, but the 4 channels of sample sound on the Amiga was great fun.
Also had a sampler - poss the same one as it was 16bit and there's wasn't much choice back then.

PCs weren't too bad from about 91 onwards - Win 3.0 was around then, but they weren't really gaming machines. More for business.
Dos was good for certain stuff & still use some dos commands even now for making up little .bat files, but I don't miss the floppy discs!

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
17 Sep 2017 19:46 #8 by Coolbreeze
I thought floppies were fun, it kept me fit biking to my friends house sharing files, games and info, it got me out the house more, now most people download everything off internet being so lazy now. I didn't have internet in 91 even though it just started and didn't really hear about it until 1996 or 97. I remember bulliten boards and 56k dail up modems by 1995 I think. Bloody memories hey!

More
17 Sep 2017 19:57 #9 by renegadegenius
I had no internet until the mid-late 90s - never wanted it, but when I did use it..... that was it!

We used to use tapes - proper old skool (Spectrum / C64). Good old days :)

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
17 Sep 2017 20:07 #10 by Coolbreeze
God going back to 80s now, yeah my brother and me had a spectrum 48k+ and I later had the first spectrum 48k second hand because I bust my brothers by plugging in joystick interface switched on, bloody now such thing as plug n play like now! Bloody noisy feckers loading games through tapes and with basic programming you had to think in them days of computing.

• Coolbreeze
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
13 Oct 2017 12:04 #11 by Coolbreeze

My earliest tunes ever up, found an old cd of my earliest Amiga tunes (SillyCrapAlbum 1992 to 1997) I converted over in 1999 to a pc medstudio with floppies then to cd then recently converted ripped then to soundcloud (2017). Here them today what a nutter me and my friend DJX was! AMiga rules! Loved the early 90s!

You'll love chicken rap and mr King so funny tunes!

• alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C
  • Regular
  • Regular
More
19 Oct 2017 18:05 #12 by alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C
Replied by alphawave ep AKA DJ Mark C on topic Your earliest tunes on the internet?
DJ Mark C
Published on 4 Jun 2011

tune i produced sounding uk 1992 hardcore...

Moderators: dj jedi
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds