after doing the right thing......

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
fr33_styler
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

after doing the right thing......

Post by fr33_styler » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:30 am

i got this fucker through the post

i let the car in front out to save him blocking the other lane - this ment i had to stop where i was ...... boom 10 days later a poxy fine in the post

i find this a little harsh and its totally fu**ed my day

motionabsolute
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: after doing the right thing......

Post by motionabsolute » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:34 am

ah yes, the new box junction rule. looks like they are making their money out of it already. I think the attitude everyone should have now is take no prisoners in a box junction, under no circumstances get caught sitting in one or your fucked. Luckily on the bike I cant see myself getting caught out by this rule.

gutted for you. although, you could just ignore it, I ignored 2 bus line fines that appeared in the post 2 days in a row, I was caught on the same bus lane 2 days in row. that was nearly 3 years ago now, I had a couple of letters arrive in the post but that was it, I think each fine went up to 150 quid each and I never heard back from them. silly fuckers.

the haddock
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by the haddock » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:35 am

thats extremely harsh :(

fmrl
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by fmrl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:40 am

£120 fine just for having your front wheels on the edge of the box? It does seem harsh to me as you're technically not blocking the junction.

These cameras seem really unfair to me - if you had pulled up right behind that car infront (completely blocking the junction) then the photo wouldn't have shown your number plate as it would be obscured behind the other car.

It might be worth giving them a call and see if there's any point contesting the fine - or alternatively, pay up now (so you only pay half of it) and then talk to Citizens Advice about reclaiming the fine through the courts.

jimee
He never locked his car door

Post by jimee » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:43 am

Ive ignored 2 parking fines now, and ive had warnings about them being increased, then about going to court, then never heard anything again!

Just deny all knowledge that you got that letter!!!

fr33_styler
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by fr33_styler » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:46 am

oooohhhh ive called them dont worry about that. i will be taking this one all the way. when i break than law i dont mind ill pay - (had loads of my faults in the past) but this muda fucker is a different story.....

they guy on the phone said if i were u i would contest it as it does seem a little harsh...

what pisses me off is that these are not remote cameras they are controlled by little pricks sitting in an office somewhere just looking to earn a buck for the council.....

motionabsolute
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by motionabsolute » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:50 am

yeah they tend to be video as well, so they would have caught the number plate even if you had have driven up behind the other car.

fmrl
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by fmrl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:57 am

motionabsolute wrote:yeah they tend to be video as well, so they would have caught the number plate even if you had have driven up behind the other car.
Feckers.

Maybe if it's all on video then you could ask for a copy of the whole sequence which should hopefully prove your innocence.

I wonder if the car in front has been sent a fine too.

oldskoolforever

Post by oldskoolforever » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:35 am

Ive ignored 2 parking fines now, and ive had warnings about them being increased, then about going to court, then never heard anything again!

Just deny all knowledge that you got that letter!!!

i'm not surprised, the chap i work with here used to be a Police Officer and said that they get a whole stack of paperwork to go through each day, i.e. all the people like yourself who haven't replied to those letters. Basically, the important stuff goes to the top of the pile (serious criminals) and has to be done first, while the crappy stuff goes to the bottom. Its true that eventually this type of offence gets binned, purely because they never get round to it & the expiry date passes.

Thats why you should wait until you get the 3rd warning letter when you get caught by a speeding camera as well, if you can phone them up and drag it out for 6 months saying you never received the first letter and so on... then you get away with it. Sad but true !

lemsip
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by lemsip » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:05 pm

Isn't the car in front of you also in the yellow box? meaning you'd have got a fine if you hadnt let him in?