people moaning about the weather

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
SMUFF
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

people moaning about the weather

Post by SMUFF » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:15 am

When are people gonna stop maoning about the weather in this country.Its really pissing me off now.Okay, we have'nt had a great summer but when are people going to get it into there heads that they live in england and we are not gaurenteed a summer of sunshine every year.If this is what you want then move to spain or the some other country with a hot climate.Every summer i here the same depressing remarks about the weather being rubbish. some of these people have lived in england for all there lives but somehow every summer they seem surprised when it's not over 30 degrees every day. Stop maoning or move is my answer.

sorry for the rant but i'm having a bad day in the office, the office being where most of these remarks are made, it's like being in ground hog day sometimes!

JACK-0
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: people moaning about the weather

Post by JACK-0 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:23 am

i feel it too, last couple of weeks all i heard was "oooo this weather" FFS there's gotta be a better conversation to be had, i ended up upsetting two clients cos i told em they were boring me, LOL. It was driving me crazy mon-thur two weeks ago

Becs
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Becs » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:27 am

definitly understand the aggravation. During our last hot days everyone you looked at was saying basically "Lord it's hot innit?" You finally end up just wanting to say, "nooooooooooo reeeeeally? ffs yes it's hot ....calm down. You saying it's hot 293829 times today isn't going to make it go away, you mule-headed MORON."

did I mention I'm out of cigs and the store down the road isn't open yet and I'm reeeeeallly grumpy? :oops:

Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:28 am

Stop moaning!!! ;)

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:33 am

Don't u hate it when people moan about people moaning about things...
Energyflash wrote:Stop moaning!!! ;)
:lol: Beat me to it :lol:

We wouldn't be British if we didn't moan :D

By the way, have u seen those fu*kin' clouds outside....in August as well!!

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:45 am

It's one thing having a bit of a whinge about the shite weather we have had, but when the saame people moan WHE IT'S HOT, saying "oh it's too bloody hot out" there's no pleasing some people.

AlexWise
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by AlexWise » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:54 am

Almost just as anoying is when it is hot and people are so excited about it you think there gonna cum.
"Oh what a buitifull day, let's wear stupid sandels and take our top off to expose our chav like pasty skin and walk down the highstreet to put people of their lunch and enjoy the sun!"

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:46 pm

I think it's been a great summer, nice and cool.

gingerninja
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by gingerninja » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:53 pm

Always make me laugh - My dad is weather mad always going on about it - the other day he was saying how hot it was as it was 25C or something like that - until i told him it was like here and its winter!!!

dark edge
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dark edge » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Being honest, I prefer it when its not scorching hot. Ive always imagined living in a hot country but I know deep down the heat would do my head in.

prollocks
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by prollocks » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:48 pm

I would actually love to go to a warmer climate like southern Europe etc but its always logistics - moving a whole family isn't easy - plus you need jobs/business/money etc to be able to do anything when you are there, as well as dealing with language and cultural issues. Trying to go to any Country outside of the EU is even harder - you need to get over a load of criteria before they'll even consider you - basically for most people this Island is a prison.

J3D
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by J3D » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:40 pm

im moaning about you moaning about people moaning !! :lol: :lol:

lemsip
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by lemsip » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Dunno what the fuss is about, its a beautiful late summer day, temps in the low 30s, low humidity and crystal clear sunshine.

nee

Post by nee » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:52 pm

I have to admit i tend to moan a lot about the weather, but only when it's raining when it's meant to be summer.
I find it pointless looking at the weather forecast in the UK, especially the 5 day one.....cos you look at it and it's 'sunny' or 'sunny intervals' all week, but when you get to the day they then change the forecast to 'light rain' or whatever. What's the point of a forecast if they are just gonna change it on the day? The BBC website is the worst for this.
It might be better the further away from the coast you are, and i'm guessing it's so changable here as im 10 miles from the north coast and 6 miles from the south coast?

All week here was meant to be sunny, but so far all we've had is cloud and light rain.....not great when you try and plan a BBQ or something.

One thing i do hate is no matter what the weather is, when i pick Tom up from school all the parents that moan when it's raining and then when it's really nice they moan that it's too hot....THAT does my head in!

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:45 pm

nee wrote:What's the point of a forecast if they are just gonna change it on the day? The BBC website is the worst for this.
That BBC website is a classic - someone checked the weather on it the other day - had a bit of rain around London, but it said no rain in London - and the time on there was the actual time - One of the lads went outside the building and it was pissing down :lol:
They must live in another plane of existance or something as their reports aren't even right on the hour, let alone a 5 day report :lol: