No Mention Of Maggie??

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
strongforce
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

No Mention Of Maggie??

Post by strongforce » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Surprised she hasnt got a mention on here yet.

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies, aged 87
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

Chooon!

lemsip
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: No Mention Of Maggie??

Post by lemsip » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:46 pm

I celebrated and got out all my old Crass records.

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Been a heated and healthy debate on the bike forum i use over the old girl.....i can see why people would hate her..(if you were from yorkshire/mining/liverpool etc but to me leaving school at 16 (1986)..went straight into a factory(butchery)job..very good pay...bought my own house at 20..so singing ding dong the witch is dead would be a bit hypocritical of me...cjb bill i can hate her for...but do believe she was a "patriot"(if thats the right word) the spineless all parties included bunch that have bought this country just about too its knees in the last 20 yrs or so makes me kinda agree with the poll in the papers saying she was our most popular PM since Churchill.
RIP Iron Lady

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm not in favour of Maggie's reign tbh. Closing pits may have been necessary, but leaving communities to rot could have been handled a lot better. But then again they were never going to vote for her anyway, so what did it matter to her or the Conservatives.
She got lucky with timing, as North sea oil revenues started to come in. She also put in place the deregulation of the financial markets which hatched the financial crisis that we're dealing with now. You might say that subsequent governments should have changed it if they didn't agree with it, but it's kinda hard to put the genie back in the bottle once it has been released.
Privatisation of utilities has not been the greatest of successes either.

In some cases it's not what she actually did, it's the culture that she fostered that let parties of all persuasions fuck up the country since. When she was elected the country undoubtedly needed a change of direction and someone to shake shit up, but she wasn't the person to do it (neither was Michael Foot or Neil Kinnock either tbh).

As a politician who made huge changes, she was very important in this countries history, I just happen to think that the changes she brought in were wrong.

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am

She was an evil old cow, along with her criminal husband and son. good riddance. Now we just need the Thatcher spawn to die too.