Gamer Question PS2/3 ?

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
maxxvinyl
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Gamer Question PS2/3 ?

Post by maxxvinyl » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:40 pm

can ps2 games play on ps3? some say no sum say yes but only on certain ps3? can anyone confirm please ? and which model would that be?

fanx in advance :)

jimee
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Re: Gamer Question PS2/3 ?

Post by jimee » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am

The new slim Ps3's can't play ps1 or ps2 games, the older fatter looking models can... I have the older model and can play ps1 and ps2 games - although some of them look a bit pixelly

strongforce

Post by strongforce » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 am

The first playstation 3 could play PS2 games but they got rid of that function for the "Slim" version & expect the same would apply for the new "super slim" version.

Playstation 3

Playstation 3 Slim

Playstation 3 Super Slim

I have the Slim version, so in theory cant play PS2 games but then I havent got any PS2 games to try in it. I can however confirm the "Slim" version does play PS1 games with no problems at all. You can also create "Memory Card" slots on the PS3 which the machine saves PS1 game data to which saves the need for the oldskool hardware Memory Cards (Below).

maxxvinyl

Post by maxxvinyl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pl ... tion_games

seems quite a few do, not sure which ones they have, prob not blood n guts type, more sonic hedgehog stuff which seems to werk?

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:21 pm

strongforce wrote:The first playstation 3 could play PS2 games but they got rid of that function for the "Slim" version & expect the same would apply for the new "super slim" version.

Playstation 3

Playstation 3 Slim

Playstation 3 Super Slim

I have the Slim version, so in theory cant play PS2 games but then I havent got any PS2 games to try in it. I can however confirm the "Slim" version does play PS1 games with no problems at all. You can also create "Memory Card" slots on the PS3 which the machine saves PS1 game data to which saves the need for the oldskool hardware Memory Cards (Below).

nope the first ps3 (40 gig )can't play ps2 games as i have that , the ones after 60 gig and up can