Conspiracy theorists!

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: Conspiracy theorists!

Post by LOON-E » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Im very open minded when it comes to ufo,s...without a doubt there has to be something else out there in all that space...will be gutted if we dont find something..have 1st contact in my lifetime

LOON-E

Ric
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 pm

This will be a good pointer to the feasibility of life on Europa. Not a definite Yes, but if life exists in sub-glacial lakes then it's a nod in the right direction.

Love the Rainbow Lady :lol:

http://www.ellsworth.org.uk/

Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Nits » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14 pm

LOON-E wrote:Im very open minded when it comes to ufo,s...without a doubt there has to be something else out there in all that space...will be gutted if we dont find something..have 1st contact in my lifetime

LOON-E

I'd consider myself open minded too, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't life out there somewhere... BUT, the distances are so vast, even if the life had evolved into something advanced enough to travel in space, chances are it would be too far away to make it here.

I'd also be surprised if there wasn't simple life (microbes or perhaps even something *slightly* more evolved) in our own solar system.

The thing is, there are lots of people out there who look up at the sky, see something they don't understand, and because THEY can't understand it, they assume it must be alien.

I've spent A LOT of time observing and studying atmospheric phenomena, and it's SURPRISINGLY EASY to see things that look odd (to the average person who has not done much research), and therefore to "get the wrong end of the stick".

People in general are prone to misidentifying objects/lights/phenomena in the sky, and also prone to optical illusions, but sadly, most of the UFO community are so convinced that there MUST be something going on, that they ignore those "little" facts.

It makes sense to LEARN what is not a UFO, BEFORE you go looking for truly unidentifiable things (right?), but most people looking for UFOs don't bother in my experience... so they see an aircraft/star/balloon/satellite/meteor/cloud that looks odd TO THEM, and assume it must be something ODD.

This creates an effect where you have hundreds/thousands of muppets saying they've seen odd things that they can't explain, and again assuming that because of all the (BS) "sightings" around the world, that there MUST be something VERY ODD (ie aliens) going on...

...well if there were aliens flying around our atmosphere, then it would be almost impossible (or at least very unlikely) for them to NOT leave at least a trace of HARD evidence, yet NO ONE has come up with anything of the sort - it's just wishful thinking!

Whilst I don't completely dismiss the possibility that we have been visited at some point in the past by aliens, I have yet to see any convincing evidence to support the theory.

You just have to look at the "crazy rainbow lady" clip I posted to see what sort of mentality conspiracy theorists in general have, although it's not always quite so obvious and plain to see.

Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Nits » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Ric wrote:This will be a good pointer to the feasibility of life on Europa.
Yeah I agree, but Europa looks like the best candidate so far - even more so than Mars. Hope it's not too long before we start sending probes to drill through the ice sheet. Would be nice to see that in our life times!

Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Beagle » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 pm

This book may be of interest - I haven't got round to reading it myself yet:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voodoo-Historie ... roduct_top

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 am

Just jump to 2:47 seconds for the fun....... :lol:

pineappletribe
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by pineappletribe » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 am

lien wrote:

Just jump to 2:47 seconds for the fun....... :lol:
you can't beat a good bit of religious twaddle :lol:

Markymark

Post by Markymark » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:29 pm

the trouble with this subject is that unfortunatly the downright paranoid get placed next to theorists who have done a lot of research and do have information to back up their concerns on a particular subject. i say theorists, people that see something that doesnt make any sense at all but because they've questioned it-tin foil hat time!

i went about 8 or so years not being that arsed about 9/11, but ive found myself slowly getting drawn into it, amazingly what drew me into it couldnt of been further from 9/11 than you'd imagine

ive been on that site ripple put up a couple of times, i couldnt cope with the hundreds of replies to each thread and never bothered again. if there is a conspiracy it'll be on there. same with david ickes forum, i cant be doing with what turns into 10 ridiculous replies to every 1. ive watched a david icke vid before and it wasnt bad, but hes just not someone i can get into at all. and that american guy beagle mentioned is even worse. lizards, moon is a space ship type shit is beyond believable, and ive tried looking at both sides-still not convinced.

the way the two towers collapsed(9/11) though, how one tower collapsed exactly the same as the main two despite not being hit by a plane but somehow a bit of debris and fire was enough for such a mega collapse into its own footprint, how that is not raising an eye brow after all this time amazes me. there is a group, last time i checked, over a thousand architects and engineers picking holes left right and centre in the official story. working in engineering myself even at a basic level as a 16-17 year old you learn about strengths of materials especially under heat, at hnd level (at best, entry into a degree) you can create formulas to know where a car will stop when applying the brakes at a particular speed etc. these cunts know what they are talking about. do some research, and i dont mean watch some youtubes..

i see the point with pretty much all ive read so far in this thread, but you cant ignore everything.

@nits, i laughed when i saw your first reply. i used to love reading you and beagle debating a few years back :lol: you were well into illuminati back then

spackhandychoptubes
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by spackhandychoptubes » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 am

the real telling thing about conspiracy theories is that there's no way to either prove or disprove them - ideal if you have book/s for sale on the subject.