Total Rip-off......I Mean Recall

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
electric tribe
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Re: Total Rip-off......I Mean Recall

Post by electric tribe » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 am

electric tribe wrote:favourite line out of the original although there are a few favourites is "if i am not me, then who the hell am i?"

defo not interested in sitting through a remake...with CF in the lead role. Has he ever made a good movie?
ok had a few days off and we had seen everything else so went along, even with a fairly closed of mind being huge fan of the original....and the verdict...actually bar a few scenes that are almost identical.....pretty different to the original and pretty good too.....even with CF in it.

Certainly no masterpiece, but a warranted use 2 hours eating popcorn...8/10

spackhandychoptubes
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by spackhandychoptubes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:31 am

the thing to remember about both robocop and total recall is they were made by Paul Verhoeven who I seriously rate as a director, and in the 80's he was really taking the piss but it was done in such an intelligent way with very biting satire.

You might be able to remake the films, but there is only one Paul verhoeven and his films will always be classics. (apart from showgirls obviously but then he did get jessie spannow from saved by the bell to get her kit off in that, and he turned up to collect his razzie awards for it).

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Agreed..Paul Verhoeven..Total Recall/Robocop/Starship Troopers all classics

LOON-E

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:28 am

ian saunders wrote:Get your ass to Mars, Get your ass to Mars, Get your ass to Mars, Get your ass to Mars, Get your ass to Mars.....
Did I hear right that they don't even go to Mars in the new version? Just travel to the other side of Earth in an elevator? :lol:

If Total Recall doesn't have Arnie "getting his ass to Mars" and Robocop doesn't have "bitches leaving", i'm not interested.

Hollywood has completely run out of ideas it seems, relying on financially viable models of sequels and remakes while all the best original films of recent times have come from France, Japan, Sweden, Australia, Korea, etc... even the UK has had some gems when they're not churning out generic gangster wheeze (See Tyrannosaur for example).

I'm dreading the raping of Bladerunner, (my favorite film of all time) Think I may leave the country when that's released for a nice relaxing holiday in order to prevent me going all James Eagan Holmes in the cinema.

champion puffa
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by champion puffa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:57 pm

eazyflow wrote: ...... has completely run out of ideas it seems, relying on financially viable models of sequels and remakes while all the best originals of recent times have come from France, Japan, Sweden, Australia, Korea, etc... even the UK has had some gems when they're not churning out generic wheeze

sounds like your talking about the 'rave' scene :lol:

on topic............

the new 'Borne' film and DREDD are both amazing!

and for the peope that have enjoyed batman over the last few years................

seems there will be a NEW batamn (like there is a new spidey) for the planned justice league movie..

dont expect Wonder Woman / Aquaman / Martian Manhunter / Green Arrow remakes though (phew)

spackhandychoptubes
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by spackhandychoptubes » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 am

and Robocop doesn't have "bitches leaving",
lol

pakistan is threatening my borders

Matt Clarke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Matt Clarke » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:31 pm

It's hard not to watch it without making comparisons, but it's an ok film. Nice visuals, just have to avoid the rather daft idea that you can travel through the centre of the earth and not be cooked or crushed and be able to get out the emergency exit and move around on the outside while travelling at 17,700 miles/hr

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hb ... thole.html