The shocking state of todays dance scene

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

The shocking state of todays dance scene

Post by jonny » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Peace, Love, Unity is what we are original ravers believed in, we raved and had the most amazing times of our lives week in,week out for years and lived to tell the tale,bit PLUR died a long time ago and todays dance scene is something completely different.

I am absolutely shocked and appalled at what happened in the Phoenix Park yesterday, there wasn't one single arrest at the Stone Roses concert in the park on Thursday but yesterday was absolute carnage, i was in town at 1pm yesterday and seen kids completely and utterly fucked out of their mind hours before the concert even started, some of them were barely able to walk, sure we might have taken loads of drugs BITD but i never recall getting so mangled hours before an event and barely capable of walking, but the worse thing is the stabbings and 3 people overdosed and died and fights all over the place, i know people who went yesterday and they said never again, i have zero interest in fakes like Swedish House Mafia, a sorry reflection of the4 state of todays dance music, i feel sorry for people on the underground scene trying to promote their nights and struggling to get people to come to events when you have a 50,000 scumfest like this.

It's also a bad reflection on Ireland in general unfortunately it gives out a completely negative impression.

http://www.thejournal.ie/phoenix-park-t ... 1-Jul2012/

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0708/stabbi ... ncert.html

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Re: The shocking state of todays dance scene

Post by jonny » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 pm

:-| :-|

Backchat
Regular
Regular

Post by Backchat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:34 am

wow mate, never seen anything like that vid [-X

sorry fa my ignorance but was that a concert ?? looks shite

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm

gay music
i wouldn't be seen dead there

squatski
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by squatski » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:23 pm

^^ what ruffneck said basically

Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 pm

The cracks began to show during 92 in my opinion. Oh well, many of us were there when things were good and people showed each other respect. Let this lot kill each other.

As for the people in the vid...it's time to bring back castration.

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Backchat wrote:wow mate, never seen anything like that vid [-X

sorry fa my ignorance but was that a concert ?? looks shite
Yeah Swedish House Mafia were headlining,also on the bill Snoop Dogg, Tinie Tempah and others, id have no interest myself.

All over the media here, the scumbag who carried out some of the stabbings is in police custody, claims he doesn't remember anything yet has been arrested before for knife and other crimes :roll:

sure there might have been crime years ago but i cant help but think that things have gotten worse, i never recall anything like this happening years ago and it's a sad reflection on society.

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Ric wrote:The cracks began to show during 92 in my opinion. Oh well, many of us were there when things were good and people showed each other respect. Let this lot kill each other.

As for the people in the vid...it's time to bring back castration.

Over here there was little or none of that for a large part of the 90's then things started to get out of control and it's just gotten gradually worse on the scene ever since,feel sorry for those genuine ravers on the underground who are completely the opposite to the scum who caused carnage at this and even the kids who went just to enjoy themselves.

Backchat
Regular
Regular

Post by Backchat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 am

Its a disgrace Jonny but more than anything mate it's just kinda sad to see ppl fighting imo.......
Last edited by Backchat on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 pm

To be fair it wasn't all roses in 1992.

I got mugged at knife-point outside Swing in Reading, a mate got steamed in front of me at Vision and lost all his jewelry and a bunch of us got mugged at Lechlade as well.

ian saunders
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by ian saunders » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm

It's not just the dance scene, it's just the way society has gone as a whole. I remember a great quote by the then head of the FA Bert Millichip made around 1984 when football had problems with hooliganism.

Margaret Thatcher asked him "What are you doing to protect society from football hooligans?"

His response:

"What are you doing to protect football from society's hooligans"

I just think that casual violence is on the rise everywhere.

Backchat
Regular
Regular

Post by Backchat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Double Drop wrote:To be fair it wasn't all roses in 1992.

I got mugged at knife-point outside Swing in Reading, a mate got steamed in front of me at Vision and lost all his jewelry and a bunch of us got mugged at Lechlade as well.
Steamed at vision DD???

Deffo tho, there was a quite a big bad element by 92 and earlier.... at all the weekenders I went to ranging from camber soul weekenders in 90 to living dream in 92 the were groups on the blag big time.

Ive always been lucky tho (touch wood)

dubplate records
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dubplate records » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 pm

to be fair that isnt SHM or dance music
that is pop grime
and with grime expect trouble
the genre promotes it

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 pm

The sad truth is it doesn't matter what year it is, what kind of music is playing, or what country you're in, if you get thousands of people together, a small percentage of them will be cunts, and that small percentage can be enough to ruin it. The difference is that in the past these morons were punished a lot more harshly.

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Backchat wrote:
Double Drop wrote:To be fair it wasn't all roses in 1992.

Steamed at vision DD???
Three black guys* going through the crowd stripping anyone who took their fancy of jewellery, drugs, clothes etc. My mate Darren was pilled off his tits and when they got to him they just stripped off all his rings and gold chain and went on to the next person. I was too fucked to intervene but luckily escaped their attentions.

*not sure their colour is in any way relevant but the two guys who tried to mug me at knife point at Swing were the same, ditto for our problems at Lechlade. I'm sure there were many white and Asian people who also got up to shit but in my only three incidents there was a common theme and I can only speak from experience.