Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
Backchat
Regular
Regular

Re: The shocking state of todays dance scene

Post by Backchat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Double Drop wrote:
Backchat wrote:
Double Drop wrote:To be fair it wasn't all roses in 1992.

I got mugged at knife-point outside Swing in Reading, a mate got steamed in front of me at Vision and lost all his jewelry and a bunch of us got mugged at Lechlade as well.
Steamed at vision DD???
Three black guys* going through the crowd stripping anyone who took their fancy of jewellery, drugs, clothes etc. My mate Darren was pilled off his tits and when they got to him they just stripped off all his rings and gold chain and went on to the next person. I was too fucked to intervene but luckily escaped their attentions.

*not sure their colour is in any way relevant but the two guys who tried to mug me at knife point at Swing were the same, ditto for our problems at Lechlade. I'm sure there were many white and Asian people who also got up to shit but in my only three incidents there was a common theme and I can only speak from experience.

Fuck mate, never heard of that ever...don't know wot my reaction would have been even then to be honest. Probably would have ended up in hospital :-D

Not a good experience when your off ya face at a party....

Mate all the scammers I've ever seen at parties have been black and it isn't being racist it just is what it is. Saying that tho, one of the first things I got told by my mates (all older) from the first party I ever went to was to leave ya watch, rings etc in ya car or at home so I'm surprised your mate was wearing all that and is asking for it a bit, all levels at of life at these events ](*,)

I was at Vision too fella, great night eh? .... shame about the rain, mud and that dude dying tho !

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:12 am

@ Jonny - It wasn't all happy happy back in the day i bet..

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Yeah i know it wasn't all happy back in the day but you rarely seen much trouble well i certainly didn't anyway,sad way society has gone

caspian
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by caspian » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 pm

In my experience violence BITD largely depended on where the raves were and if alcohol was on sale, as for the I'm not racist but all scammers I've met have been black.........well that just shows how societies prejudices haven't changed much at all over the years.

Violence has and probably always will manifest itself whilst ever the divide and rule social conditions are rife and the opportunity arises, it is a sad pastime still happening in UK society and a disease which is well and truly ingraineded in our culture.

Caz
Regular
Regular

Post by Caz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Went to a rave at Stevenage Ice Bowl....can't remember the name now though pretty sure it was 91 or possibly early 92. Thankfully we had no trouble but found out later that loads of people had been robbed in there which was pretty shocking...similar sort of story with the jewellery etc. It was a bit of a nasty comedown as the whole rave scene for us until that point had been so chilled and 'happy'...

I too was at Vision! Ha ha, that was a mud fest and a half and how funny were Fleet Services the morning after??....God only knows what the staff must have been thinking

Caz
Regular
Regular

Post by Caz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Liberty

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:19 pm

usually trouble happened outside venues i used to find altho i went to one nation back in 96 ate wembley conference halls and that was well moody - after that i stopped going raving so much

aike
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aike » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 pm

I was at a telepathy once and these blokes came up to a mate of mine and demanded money, he fished about in his pockets and said 'here's 2 pence now piss off' and just walked away.

I was in awe :)

Caz
Regular
Regular

Post by Caz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:36 pm

top drawer!

Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:05 pm

I remember being at a rave in The Academy, Plymouth, early 91 when a fight broke out between two blokes. The music stopped and the entire place began booing at them. Security pulled them off the dancefloor, the music came back on and the place erupted in cheers. You don't get that anymore...what an amazing crowd of people.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 pm

We bailed out of the queue for Jungle Fever at The Astoria in late 94 due to someone pulling a shooter out further up the queue! Dark days.
I think to say that today's scene is worse is probably viewing 'the good old days' with rose-tinted specs........

caspian
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by caspian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:16 am

On the whole I always found the raves in the north (Manchester region excluded)to be much less intimidating and rarely heard of or witnessed any incidents.

I think this is because they were further away froim major towns and cities and not easily accessible for opportunist trouble makers.

spackhandychoptubes
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by spackhandychoptubes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:08 am

the hacienda was really bad bitd. Bouncers getting shot, robbings inside.

As a general rule of thumb i never took anythng out raving with me that i did't expect to lose. Lots of spangled happy people are easy pickings for your bad boys.

I think you'll find that the smaller the scene the less trouble you will get. I was going to goa parties in london for years mid-late 90's early 00's and never saw or had any trouble as a punter. However the promoters still had to worry about getting robbed etc. comes with the territory for any semi-legal enterprise.

deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deebom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 am

I used to spend a lot of time at the Lazerdrome in Peckham around 92/93. that was a terrible place for trouble. Shootings, stabbings, rapes on a weekly basis. I think times are pretty much the same and it depends on where you go and how willing the doormen are to deal with trouble.