Virgin Rant

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
Ric
He never locked his car door

Virgin Rant

Post by Ric » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 am

Talk about stupid fricking logic.
Just discovered I have no dialing tone on my landline. Contacted Virgin using the online chat facility and they tell me they are unable to help, I need to call the following 0845 number.
Me: So when people are unable to use their phone you want them to call you?
Have you a normal number I can call from my mobile so I wont incur costs?
Virgin: No.

Wicked.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

electric tribe

Re: Virgin Rant

Post by electric tribe » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm

they have a similar response if internet is down...."have you tried our online guides?" ....No i have no internet.

aize
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aize » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Virgin are fucking useless! Worst call centers in the world, complete jokers. My boss had to phone them because we had installed a tv for a client and wanted to put the box in a cupboard so needed a 'magic eye' to remotely change the channel. Virgin's response when asked what their recomendations were was.. 'Sorry, we don't support the cable boxes'... (my boss)'Hang on a second... They're your cable tv boxes!' 'Yes, i'm sorry but virgin doesn't support them'....... Unbelievable!

dj rizzla
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by dj rizzla » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Try this:

http://saynoto0870.com/search.php

There's always alternative (non-premium rate) lines to call that go thru to the same place.

;)

soopaslooth
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by soopaslooth » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:06 pm

We had a Virgin engineer booked to come round for a broadband fault. He never showed up, we phoned to ask what happened and were told "we had to cancel it but couldn't ring to let you know as we didn't have your phone number". Errr.... you supply our phone line!

Ric

Post by Ric » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Dj Rizzla wrote:Try this:

http://saynoto0870.com/search.php

There's always alternative (non-premium rate) lines to call that go thru to the same place.

;)
Cheers, I think I've found one via that link.

My other moan.
It was last month I got set up with them. The phone line in my new flat was disconnected and they said there isn't any reconnection fee, which was partly the reason I went with them.
Got my bill recently and they'd charged me for the engineer to visit.
I rang and explained this and they said, we didn't charge you for reconnection we just charged you for the engineer who came and reconnected you.
Brilliant.

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:23 pm

due my £100 deposite back in a month not had any probs with the direct debits until the last 2 months they tried taking it out a week early last month and left my account in debt then this months they told they tried taking the money out my bank but was not any in there even though there was , phoned the bank and they had not tried to take anything out ..swear they are trying to trip me up on purpose ..as for connection speed not had any problems for a long time

DJ_Nik_Gnashers
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by DJ_Nik_Gnashers » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 pm

VM cable service quality depends on where you live.
In area's where the UBR is over-subscribed, they use the 'throttling' excuse to limit everyones speed so theres enough to go round all the customers they have sold it to (even though there isnt enough available bandwidth to give everyone full speed).
If you are NOT in an over-subscribed area then you will probably never get 'throttled' no matter how much bandwidth you use (like myself), and always get close to full speeds day or night.
It's worth noting the top tier cable service (up to 50Mbps) has no limits and as such does not get throttled, only the lower tiers (20mb/10mb) get speeds cut, (unless your in an over subscribed UBR in which case you wont get full speed even on 50Mb).
Ask one of the mods on 'cable forum' (most are VM employees) if your area is over subscribed.