Projectors??

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
samson
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Projectors??

Post by samson » Sat May 01, 2010 8:34 am

My girlfriend hates football so when it comes to the world cup we are just gonna end up arguing all the way through it about who gets to whatch the big TV so I'm thinking of buying a projector and putting it down my storeroom for the world cup then i can watch as much footy as i like \:D/

Not got a clue whats decent or even what i need to look at when buying one of these so just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction or give me some advice??
i'll probably buy one off ebay second hand as i dont want to spend a fortune on one

Second question is there a way of getting the main tv channels live through the internet otherwise i'll probably have to go up on the roof of my storeroom and add a tv aerial!!

dj rizzla
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Re: Projectors??

Post by dj rizzla » Sat May 01, 2010 9:35 am

I know the lamps cost a bomb so buying one second hand may not be a good idea. My mate got one off ebay, lamp went within a month and he woz forkin out shitloads to get it repleced.

As far as i know, Panasonic do the best ones. But i'm sure someone with a bit more tech knowledge will give u more info.

drift
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by drift » Sat May 01, 2010 11:39 am

www.tvcatchup.com

Free, great picture quality and it's legal.

dark edge
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dark edge » Sun May 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Panasonic do a very good 720HD projector for under a grand which has had a lot of good reviews especially as projectors can be a bit dodgy such as poor images, colours , brightness ect. However it might be worth waiting for the 1080p projectors to come out or at lest hit a low price, to get the full benefits of HD pictures for the future.

fannypad

Post by fannypad » Fri May 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Drift wrote:http://www.tvcatchup.com

Free, great picture quality and it's legal.
It's a great service, but it's far from high quality right now (still waiting for the HD streams), especially if viewed on a large screen. Looks horrific and basically unwatchable on a projector. Terrible for sports as well as it's streamed in 25fps progressive, which is essentially half the framerate of interlaced broadcast signals.

Just run a coax to the storeroom.