Old consoles ?

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
Nokka
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: Old consoles ?

Post by Nokka » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:27 pm

ESQ wrote:
Nokka wrote:Worms was my fave "fucked" game...fucked meaning i used to play it when i was rushing me tits off hahahahaha
Fucking Worms! :lol: I still remember the day I discovered it. I was working at Sony Playstation support on a Friday afternoon and I'd gotten bored of most of the other games, so I grabbed this one from the library (we were expected to play games between calls). I played it for two hours, got off work and went directly to Toys R Us to buy it, then went home and played for another 15 hours straight. I got about four hours sleep, woke up and played for another uninterrupted 14 hours.

Then I went to work Monday morning and played all that day.

I did something similar when we got some pre-release copies of Wipeout, except that time I went to Costco and bought a surround sound stereo system on the way home so I could get the full effect of the game. Took about ten minutes of the metal-scraping-the-walls sound effects and pounding Prodigy beats for my neighbor to come pounding on my door...

SOUNDS LIKE A SWEET FUCKIN JOB THAT MATE!!!!!!! YOUR MY HERO!!! :D

safe
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by safe » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:05 am

prollocks wrote:The Mega Drive is still in production in Brazil.

Check out the Mega Drive Guitar Idol :-

http://www.tectoy.com.br/produto_interna.php?id=39
wow, that's crazy. great find.
Restless wrote:Streetfighter 2 is THE greatest arcade game of all time !

Man i remember in the late 80's / early 90's this game was EVERYWHERE !

Chippy's , local little supermarkets , video shops , bowling alley's , social clubs .... EVERYWHERE !

The greatest in my time & opinion anyway !
for me too.
Restless wrote:Must give a mention to 'final fight' , 'king of the fighters '96' 'wwf royal rumble' & 'killer instinct' though !

Awesome games & they still rock !
so you're a big fan of fighting games then.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 pm

@ Safe - yes & no mate !

I used to be into beat'em ups in a big way in the 90's !

New streetfighter / mortal kombat / killer instinct / fatal fury / king of the fighters etc then i HAD to have it !

Not so fussed abot them any more as they are not as god as back in the day (i'll still buy 'tekken 6' when it comes out though) & you can only do so much with them !

More into my fps nowadays !

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:09 pm

From memory, I've still got a lot of stuff stored in my parents garage. That's what comes of being a geeky kid.

On the arcade side there's an OutRun machine, plus the arcade circuit boards from: Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Teenage Mutant Turtles, Bombjack, Arkanoid, Chase HQ, Street Fighter 2 and a load more.

On the console side I can recall boxes full of NESs, lots of Snes (Japanese/US/UK models - hard to remember exactly how many now) with Super Magicoms and a Game Doctor, Megadrive, MasterGear converter for the Megadrive, N64 + various copiers, Gamecube, Gameboy, Game Gear, GBA, Lynx, Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Atari STE 4mb, pretty much everything Sinclair ever made computer-wise multiple times over, BBC, Acorn Electron, a collection of Nintedo Game & Watch consoles. It's a bit like a museum in there.

I've been clearing it out and giving it away over the years though - all the C64 stuff has gone (including some interesting music hardware that went to the guy who made this EP: http://www.discogs.com/Tero-Crackers-Re ... ase/166665), along with the Apple II, Saturn, Tandy TRS80, Atari consoles and heaps of other stuff. At one stage I had pretty much every console and home computer sold in the UK aside from the real rarities.

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:59 pm

ESQ wrote:
Nokka wrote:Worms was my fave "fucked" game...fucked meaning i used to play it when i was rushing me tits off hahahahaha
Fucking Worms! :lol: I still remember the day I discovered it. I was working at Sony Playstation support on a Friday afternoon and I'd gotten bored of most of the other games, so I grabbed this one from the library (we were expected to play games between calls). I played it for two hours, got off work and went directly to Toys R Us to buy it, then went home and played for another 15 hours straight. I got about four hours sleep, woke up and played for another uninterrupted 14 hours.

Then I went to work Monday morning and played all that day.

I did something similar when we got some pre-release copies of Wipeout, except that time I went to Costco and bought a surround sound stereo system on the way home so I could get the full effect of the game. Took about ten minutes of the metal-scraping-the-walls sound effects and pounding Prodigy beats for my neighbor to come pounding on my door...
'Worms' was serious business around one of my mates flats back in the mid-90's. All of my brothers mates used to get REALLY arsey with each other whilst playing it and it all started to get childish and vindictive!

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:29 pm

dj_yt wrote: Teenage Mutant Turtles,
I've got the 4 player machine in my sisters garage :)

dj_yt
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by dj_yt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:48 am

Handy those Konami cabs as you can easily swap the games around. I've also got a copy of the Wild West cowboys PCB from the same era by Konami:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10435

I think it's quite rare, as I've never seen a cabinet... not a bad little game either.

meatpie48
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by meatpie48 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Restless wrote:Streetfighter 2 is THE greatest arcade game of all time !

Man i remember in the late 80's / early 90's this game was EVERYWHERE !

Chippy's , local little supermarkets , video shops , bowling alley's , social clubs .... EVERYWHERE !

The greatest in my time & opinion anyway !

Must give a mention to 'final fight' , 'king of the fighters '96' 'wwf royal rumble' & 'killer instinct' though !

Awesome games & they still rock !
absolute class game & you're right about the chippies lol. They always had a dodgy japanese one with Super street fighter on it where you can 8000 fireballs on a har yuken lol! I still remember the smell of the arcade in the dody newsagent!

I've still got my NES & Commodore C16

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Mate i went abroad (portugal or malta i think) and some arcade had a 'street fighter' where you would sit down and play it (two player) on some MASSIVE screen !

Was quality !

I also played one on another holiday against a girl if i remember rightly & it was the first time i seen ryu do a hadouken in the AIR !

Bearing in mind that this was a version that was as fast as f*ck & i was like 8 or 9 years old and i was thinking 'wtf is going on here ?' ! hahaha

I've got the copy in question now , love it !

meatpie48
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by meatpie48 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 pm

lol hadouken in mid air with a sonic boom coming out of it lol. Too fast to play for my drug addled teenage mind lol!

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:24 am

Mate i forgot about that one !

Saying that , i was playing against ryu the other day and he changed into dahlsaim !

Wtf ?