At what age & in what year did you knock clubbing / raving

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Re: At what age & in what year did you knock clubbing / raving

Post by jonny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm

whatever floats your boat mate i personally thought it was fantastic,although Raindance next month promises to be even better. :D :D

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Se1 do the finger scan & i/d EVERYBODY dont they ?

jimee
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by jimee » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 am

jonny wrote:
Restless wrote:Mate that is the FUNNIEST comment that i have heard in a while ....

Absolutely fantastic ?

Was you even there ? haha

I was there & it was awful !

Ratpack played some AWFUL remix of a faithless track as a nye tune & the only real good set was altern-8's (brilliant as always)

Was well pap mate !

Each to their own , but that was a poor night ....

ANY 'flashback' would of PISSED all over it !

absolute bollocks,hyes i was there the atmosphere was amazing as was the music for the most part, i went AWOL for ratpacks set i only seen a few mins of it, i met Jimmee and Aize and a few others from this forum and they had a blinding time, it was my birds first Rave in years and she absolutely loved it, in fact anyone i spoke to who was there loved it!!
Yeah seconded, was a wicked night! I hadnt been to a rave since raindance valentines earlier that year, so I loved it, was wicked to meet all the forum people I met as well, plus I was completley wasted haha! Agree that Ratpack was shit, and that Faithless remix was well dodgy, but this is the Ratpack we are talking about - what do you expect! Altern8 were wicked, as were shades of ryhthm, tango and ratty, micky finn played a wicked 95/96 jump up jungle set too.. i'd definitely go if they did one another one in the UK, cant be arsed to travel up to Scotland, was my first time to Que Club too, and I loved it, it was so skanky! Like a proper rave venue!!

gaffer
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by gaffer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:27 am

phil wrote:last rave i went to was raindance in 2001, but most of my raving had stopped by 1997/1998 with only handful between then and 2001

Pretty much the same here, my last proper all nighter was Raindance in 2001 aged 26 although I hadnt been going out regularly since around 1997
I think Im gonna come out of retirement for next months Raindance though as it will be my last chance for a proper night out before the second kid is born. Probably wont get much chance to do anything after that!
Will probably spend most of the night in the Jenkins Lane room though as Im not sure I can hack jumping about all night with just a couple of cans of Red Stripe to keep me going these days :lol:
Double Drop wrote:
Elusive wrote:I went to over 50 raves in 1992, spookyjo did 70 odd :shock:
88 for me.
How the fuck can you remember the exact number DD :lol: I was out at least once a week on average in 1992 & 1993, must have gone to over 100 raves during that period, happy days :D

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am

And whats the total so far ?

I've gave up that now , used to love doing it though .... as the wall in my mixing room shows !

gaffer
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by gaffer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am

Blimey Dave your well organised :shock: My best mate kept all his flyers in plastic sleeves in a big ring binder and they were all mint. Sadly his relatives thought they were junk and chucked them away when he died :(

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

gaffer wrote:
Double Drop wrote:88 for me.
How the fuck can you remember the exact number DD :lol: I was out at least once a week on average in 1992 & 1993, must have gone to over 100 raves during that period, happy days :D
A couple of years ago I dug out my 1992 diary and posted all my events up on here. I've searched for the post but it's gone.

I started the year at Fantazia Takes You Into 1992 followed by Ektos on New Year's Day and ended it at Fantazia Takes You Into 1993 with Goldiggers on New Year's Day. Did every Fantazia, Universe, Perception, Vision and Swing and several Spiral Tribes in between with Brainstorm at Concordes every Thursday and Brunels or Diggers every Friday.

gaffer
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by gaffer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:51 am

Double Drop wrote: A couple of years ago I dug out my 1992 diary and posted all my events up on here.
Yeah I remember that actually, so many organised ravers on here - fair play!

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 am

Elusive wrote:Yeah lol i don't think i missed anything either, i went out alot in the peak years

I went to over 50 raves in 1992, spookyjo did 70 odd :shock:

Think it was a few more than that bro ;-)

Don't think I missed much, started in the early yr's which were awesome it went downhill fast from 93, music got shite, drugs got shite hence the atmos got shite....see ya.

Last yr's Riverdance was when I last when Raving, I still love having a groove now and then.

Gone back to Festivals and Gigs which I did before Raving came along.

:-)