At what age & in what year did you knock clubbing / raving

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
Matt Clarke
Administrator
Administrator

Re: At what age & in what year did you knock clubbing / raving

Post by Matt Clarke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:45 am

First time around I think I stopped in 1994 maybe 1995 for the big proper raves.
Then for the second coming as it were, I think my last Raindance was 2004. Since then it's just been the annual Riverdances each year. Although I guess the 1 hour I lasted before feeling sea sick and having to get off just before the boat left, might not really count for this year.

champion puffa
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by champion puffa » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Matt Clarke wrote:the 1 hour I lasted before feeling sea sick and having to get off just before the boat left,

you were sea sick before the boat even left the jetty?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

classic

meatpie48
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by meatpie48 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

2004 for me.

My Mrs & her mates used to go to the End quite often & would also drag up to West London for House Do's. Didn't mind the intimacy of some of the smaller venues (150 max) but the rest of it was a load of shite. 2 of her mates & I tried to get her into breaks but she only really liked the lighter side of it (Plank records type of stuff).

Last all-nighter, clubbing related, not stag do's(!) was 2006, aged 28. Shortly after my kids were born I went to some dire thing my mate had tickets for. I just didn't want the aggro of travelling & wanting to go to bed at by 3, being bored stiff by the music & getting the endless earache from the Mrs.

Nokka
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Nokka » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:54 pm

my last club night was about a year ago and it was full of nasty coke heads puking up in the bog...Terrible shadey atmoshphere which finally convinced me that my clubbing days were over...Id rather stay in the house and listen to music on my pc and enjoy the banter in the chatroom...much safer

bleepers bird
Regular
Regular
Location: Off with the fairies or somewhere in Essex - one or the other!

Post by bleepers bird » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Im 35 now and still go out 2 or 3 times a year (ravin). However, I only said to my boyfriend yesterday that I think im pretty much ready to retire now. I went to the labrynth reunion and I had a brilliant time. the atmosphere was ace and it was mainly a bunch of old ravers getting together for old times sake. Its rarely (if at all) like that now. The last event I went to before that was Transmission at Alexandra Palace. Oh my good god! What a bunch of wank that was. I went a few years back to the first couple and thought they were really good nights. This night was on the opposite end of the spectrum. 10,000 plastic ravers who were all young enough to be my children all wearing illuminous spandex/tutus/fluffy boots/hotpants - and thats just the guys - fuck that. I was home by 2.30am and it put me right off!

I think iv done quite well really. i proper cained it from 91-95ish and then went from every weekend down to once a month. I had a bit of a revival around 2004/5 and iv had the best times of my life but now, really, all the moodiness too - think im ready to hang up my ravin' boots. out of all of us from back in the day that used to go out, i pretty much am the only one left. Time to call it a day :-)

DJ_Nik_Gnashers
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by DJ_Nik_Gnashers » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:09 pm

last legal organised event for me was 1994, went to a few small local parties after that for a while.....
Not interested in dressing up like a tw*t to go out, or standing in the middle of 10,000 teenagers who havnt got a clue what the 'real' scene was about.

c_funk
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by c_funk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:48 pm

'real scene'?

im gonna be 26 beginning of january and i still go out prety regular

next 3 weekends are dnb club night friday night sunday and monday at notting hill with chew the fat at some point.

weekend after hospitality at matter

weekend after bestival.

although saying that cant remember the last hardcore night i went to just looking forward to that kin hardcore one in october

will2003
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by will2003 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Never! :lol:

I'm 36 this year, and still go out pretty regularly, although in fairness it tends
to be mostly festivals and small producer-led DNB nights where you will get a lot of
people roughly the same age. AWOL always has a good age range, the last couple at the
O2 Indigo had a fair few youngsters but a very surprising amount of original AWOL
goers, and DNB nights like Shogun Audio that I went to last weekend, the Bunch Of Cuts
nights and suchlike always have a much older and nicer crowd than things like Ram,
any of those dire MC-fests like Breakin' Science, One Nation etc. Can't do those
kind of events at all any more, just find them tiresome. Same goes for Fabric on
a Friday - just full of mouthy kids.

I do always feel the need to go to the odd massive multi-room rave every now and
then, regardless of the music or the kind of crowd it draws - but that's because I've
always found big things like raves, festivals etc fascinating just to be there and
see it all good or bad. Also, a lot of the people I still go out with are things like
sound engineers, or producers, or people who have some kind of professional involvement
in the scene so it's often the case that I'll go along just for a few hours with
them to check out something really geeky and specific like a new sound system in
a club, or a new venue, or a particular set someone is booked to play somewhere.

Also, as a non-drinker I really enjoy going out to any kind of club or rave as a night
out, given that the other options like pubs, bars etc are my idea of complete hell :lol:

tha liquid

Post by tha liquid » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Does anyone remember that old guy raver with the flamed shirt, cap and white gloves at one of the Back to 9T2 events in Brighton? That geezer was like 70 an' shit! :lol:

Oh and keeping on topic, i'm 33 now, been out raving since I was 16, enjoyed the pills and music then and I enjoy the pills and music now. :-D Not been to much of late, but do plan on doing a few events next year. Hardcore will never die!

:-D

Peace...

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Restless wrote:I mean take last nye for example , went to the que club (fantazia) and it was tosh imho !

Altern-8 killed it , really enjoyed that set , but after not even an hour in there at the start i thought 'i want to go home man' !

Went home at about 2.30am & thought 'is this what it's come to ?' !

I used to LOVE clubbing , i'd get into a club at say 11.30 pm & at 1.30 am i'd be SPARK OUT from being lagging , get up & have it til like 5-6 am !

Not any more , I'd rather just jack it in altogether to be honest , the last thing you want with clubbng / raving is to feel that it's lke a chore , believe me !

madness...last NYE was the best Rave ive been at in recent years it was an absolutely fantastic nite from start to finish

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm 38 probably one of the oldest on here but only go out about 4/5 times a year, i physically and mentally cannot take it anymore and ive a missus and baby son so different responsibiliies, anyway without wanting to sound like an old fart but the scene definitely has taken a turn for the worse, there's still some good House music about but clubs for the most part are soulless and no atmosphere so you'll only catch me when a mate of mine is organising a club nite or the occasional old skool nite, im going to Up Yer Ronson this Sunday in Leeds and the big one Raindance 20 in London in Sept.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Mate that is the FUNNIEST comment that i have heard in a while ....

Absolutely fantastic ?

Was you even there ? haha

I was there & it was awful !

Ratpack played some AWFUL remix of a faithless track as a nye tune & the only real good set was altern-8's (brilliant as always)

Was well pap mate !

Each to their own , but that was a poor night ....

ANY 'flashback' would of PISSED all over it !

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Restless wrote:Mate that is the FUNNIEST comment that i have heard in a while ....

Absolutely fantastic ?

Was you even there ? haha

I was there & it was awful !

Ratpack played some AWFUL remix of a faithless track as a nye tune & the only real good set was altern-8's (brilliant as always)

Was well pap mate !

Each to their own , but that was a poor night ....

ANY 'flashback' would of PISSED all over it !

absolute bollocks,hyes i was there the atmosphere was amazing as was the music for the most part, i went AWOL for ratpacks set i only seen a few mins of it, i met Jimmee and Aize and a few others from this forum and they had a blinding time, it was my birds first Rave in years and she absolutely loved it, in fact anyone i spoke to who was there loved it!!

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:08 pm

No disrespect mate but you must be easily pleased !

I went with six eople (2 of whome attended numerous fantazia's bitd) & ALL of us were agreeing that it was well under par for nye & it being a fantazia and all !

Phantasy dropping 'shake your body' by shy fx in a OLDSKOOL JUNGLE SET ?

Aahahahahahaha

Mate get yourself to a 'hardcore til i die' , go straight to the oldskool room & then you will have a blinder !

I've been to quite a few raves over the last three years & that was the least enjoyable one by far !

I thought it was a waste of money anyway ....

Each to their own though , i respect your opinion jon !

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm

whatever floats your boat mate i personally thought it was fantastic,although Raindance next month promises to be even better. :D :D