At what age & in what year did you knock clubbing / raving

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

At what age & in what year did you knock clubbing / raving

Post by Restless » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 pm

On the head at ?

Going out now is so tedious & boring , think im going to pack it up this year !

Went out last friday to see my mate dj & i felt like i was in a banging youth club !

Man , i've been to some really fucking good local legendary venues , raves across the country & festivals , but i think it's time to say adios !

I've been clubbing since i was 14 (mates uncle owned a club down here , back door job every saturday) and im now 26 and i cant be asked with it anymore !

Well , what age did you knock it on the head at & in what year ?

Miss it ?

Glad you jacked it in ?

champion puffa
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Re: At what age & in what year did you knock clubbing / raving

Post by champion puffa » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:23 pm

bout 30

though i stopped eatin pills and billy like sweets in 1996 and stopped jumpin round like a loonie by 1999.

all power to anyone that goes out jumpin around and droppin pills over 30.......

but i was laughin my arse off at how weird the over 30s looked in raves when i was a kid.....

would be like my dad still head bangin to black sabbath in a club every week.....propa sad.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:33 pm

TEAM UK - FUK YEAH wrote:
but i was laughin my arse off at how weird the over 30s looked in raves when i was a kid.....
Mate spot on !

It's gotta be sad when your the oldest one in there & your surrounded by 21 year olds !

At the gig that i mentioned a bloke came in giving it loads on the floor , must of been about 45-50 , full head of grey hair !

I thought 'that's somebodys dad man' , how sad !

Shit i felt old , let alone him !

Young man's game in my view !

livvy
He never locked his car door

Post by livvy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 pm

2003 for me, hung up my raving shoes, and thought yeah girl your too old for this now, been there done it got the t-shirt..

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Restless wrote:
Young man's game in my view !

young persons game goin out every week with a bunch of people in thier 20s.....

as i have said, ill still do a small event now and again to hear the tunes propa, meet up and have a night out...

try and jump around, stuff my fave with drugs and sweat out till 7am and feel like shit fro a week after......no thanks....thats what renegade is for....chill out and listen to propa choons, propa mixin, good giggle and go to bed when ya want...........AND STILL SMOKE AND BEER AINT A RIP OFF.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 pm

I mean take last nye for example , went to the que club (fantazia) and it was tosh imho !

Altern-8 killed it , really enjoyed that set , but after not even an hour in there at the start i thought 'i want to go home man' !

Went home at about 2.30am & thought 'is this what it's come to ?' !

I used to LOVE clubbing , i'd get into a club at say 11.30 pm & at 1.30 am i'd be SPARK OUT from being lagging , get up & have it til like 5-6 am !

Not any more , I'd rather just jack it in altogether to be honest , the last thing you want with clubbng / raving is to feel that it's lke a chore , believe me !

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Restless wrote:I mean take last nye for example , went to the que club (fantazia) and it was tosh imho !

Altern-8 killed it , really enjoyed that set , but after not even an hour in there at the start i thought 'i want to go home man' !

Went home at about 2.30am & thought 'is this what it's come to ?' !

I used to LOVE clubbing , i'd get into a club at say 11.30 pm & at 1.30 am i'd be SPARK OUT from being lagging , get up & have it til like 5-6 am !

Not any more , I'd rather just jack it in altogether to be honest , the last thing you want with clubbng / raving is to feel that it's lke a chore , believe me !

fuk sake man......your only 26

give up now and you will end up like the old bald man in ya 40s in the clubs.

i think ya find alot of us past our 30s kained it every week....more than likely 2-3 nites a week alot of the time.....and we just burned propa out...been there, done it... no need to feel as though we missed anything.

av a rest for a few months, then get back out imo....propa av it, propa av some good times and ya got things to think and talk about when ya older.......not wishin you were still doin it.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:07 am

I'll NEVER be that bald man mate , i've always said that i wouldnt do that , as the people that do that NEVER did the going out thing in there teenage years or there 20's and started late where as i did the opposite !

I know people who have NEVER been to a club (well only about two) and they are my age as well !

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 am

About 1998 for me, I was about 25.

I've been out clubbing about ten times since then. I met up with an old mate last year and went to a club night and, like it's been said by the others here, I felt proper old!

That's the good thing about reunions I reckon, we're all old!

bear
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by bear » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 am

stopped in about 97ish, age 24 ... it all went wrong after we started caining mid week & it made me ill

Went out 2007 just to hear a loud rig again

thedjeuphoria
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by thedjeuphoria » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 am

i packed it in in 96. i had given up on going to all nighters the year before and just restarted my own illegal parties in local woods and railway tunnels, etc, which was much more fun. back to the old skool!

if i go out in town now i can't go to a club, i hate the music, hate t he fact that everyone is young and unpullable for an old man like me and the music is utter shiiiiiiiite. im just glad the licencing laws changed so i can sit in a boozer till silly o'clock nowadays. shit, i remember the pubs closing at 3 and not reopening till 7! pain in the arse it was!

jimee

Post by jimee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:06 am

Im 32 and go clubbing 1 or 2 times a month, got quite a few tickets for club nights to look forward to...

phil
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by phil » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:12 am

last rave i went to was raindance in 2001, but most of my raving had stopped by 1997/1998 with only handful between then and 2001

i dont think its sad tho if you are caining it up in ya 30s, for me its not possible now cos i got responasabilities like my kids and my wife.

to me raving was all about having a fooking good night out to decent music with a great atmosphere. i couldnt care less who was in the rave as long as they are enjoying it

strongforce

Post by strongforce » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:56 am

I thought the whole point of raving was for everybody to come together & enjoy the tunes.......no matter what race or class you were.......to me, that extends to age as well. If someone's enjoying themselves, i dont care what age they are...............if people want to point & scoff at someone for their appearance, they'd be better suited to attending a Garage/RnB club.

Fair play if you're disinterested in attending raves due to the multitude of other factors involved (cant physically hack it any more, the travel, cost of drinks, unable to smoke etc) but if it's down to age (your's or theirs) then it's not really the right reason in my book.

I'll be going out as long as the tunes are good..............trouble is though it's only once in a blue moon the line up looks slightly promising.........& even then it's usually a let down on the night. :(

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 am

Elusive wrote:I went to over 50 raves in 1992, spookyjo did 70 odd :shock:
88 for me.