mates who change when they meet a bird.........

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
Spooky

Re: mates who change when they meet a bird.........

Post by Spooky » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:56 pm

It isn't just blokes, out of touch with loads of my girlfriends since they've hooked up with their blokes, it just happens as already said. Alot of em are children bores now and had their lives mapped out since they first saw a white wedding on tv. Whatever floats ya boat I suppose.

I know who is still there when I need a ear to bend about stuff.

:-)

squatski
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by squatski » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:33 pm

men who have girlfriends are insecure

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Never done it and never will, ive a bird with a baby son in Leeds and obviously they come first but im back in Dublin as i type to catch up with my mates (and family of cours)

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Squatski wrote:men who have girlfriends are insecure
maybe u need to get yaself a bird mate :p :lol:

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Squatski wrote:
men who have girlfriends are insecure
Haha !

livvy
He never locked his car door

Post by livvy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Spooky wrote:It isn't just blokes, out of touch with loads of my girlfriends since they've hooked up with their blokes, it just happens as already said. Alot of em are children bores now and had their lives mapped out since they first saw a white wedding on tv. Whatever floats ya boat I suppose.

I know who is still there when I need a ear to bend about stuff.

:-)

Agreed Spook's it not only blokes.. most of my mates are married with kids.

livvy

Post by livvy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:43 pm

How would you know Mike the only birds you like are Pheasant :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

prollocks
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by prollocks » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Livvy wrote:
How would you know Mike the only birds you like are Pheasant :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
He's a Pheasant Plucker.

champion puffa
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by champion puffa » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:27 pm

prollocks wrote:
Livvy wrote:
He's a Pheasant Plucker.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

quality prollocks

meatpie48
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by meatpie48 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Le Champion Puffa wrote:not just birds is it....

alot of people tend to grow out of the mates they had when they were 5....i know i did.

that said, i still always send a new number when i get one and try and keep in touch..

thing is though, when your not stuck in the same circle every day anymore, its the mates that tend to do the dropping..

happened to me when in the navy, cos i wernt in the pub every night with the same crew every nite....only a cpl of people made an effort to call me, but i was calling them at every opportunity....

and 5 years later, they were still in the same place, talkin about the same things....nuffin wrong with that if you got fuk all in ya life...but i had moved on and had little in common wiv em anymore.

i still love them all today, but got fuk all in common with most of them except what we did together when we were naughty teens....only so many times you can go over the same things to the same people innit.

people move on in life....he ones that count are the ones that you can still count on out of the blue when ya not seen em for ages....as a few of us (me n my old mates) have proved to eachother many times.
agree (for once) 100% with this. People grow up & change/develop more facets to their personality. I used to be on it 7 nights a week. Met my bird & it became 5, then 4, 3, 2 and now we've had kids never lol. My mates without dustbin lids are still doing the same thing they did 15 years ago. That bores me. I stilll like a booze up somewhere different with them & I will be standing to the end but doing the same thing week in week out does not excite me anymore, plus I haven't got the dough or the energy lol!

JACK-0
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by JACK-0 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 am

Le Champion Puffa wrote:
JACK-0 wrote:Had this conversation with a pal of mine last week, he said he loves the fact we may not talk for however many months then he can call me without feeling bad about the time, I'm like it with the few proper mates I have.

they are the propa mates fella!!!

got a few them meself.....sometimes goes a year or 2 without chattin, but its like we see eachother the night before when we meet up.
Spot on Puffa, I can count those friends on one hand and they are all I need really. My missus and kids deserve more of my time than poncing in an all-bar-one with a load of blokes I dont REALLY know or even perhaps like!

My sons 5th party a couple of months back and a mate of mine turned up with his missus (my wife had invited them, I dont get involved with invites) we were chatting about the last time we saw each other which was in a snooker hall till 2am over a year ago but we were chatting like it was the last weekend we both laughed.

Gorp
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Gorp » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:30 pm

One of my mates is really bad for this, since he's been married he gets invites to barbies, meet-ups and shit we all have round at each others yards and he'll phone last minute and says" he has really bad asthma and he can't make it!" He was invited to big barbie a few months ago and he called at the last minute and said when he was walking home he got a really stiff face because it was hot!! wtf?!! The trouble is aswell is his Missus is a bit of an old boot and she is sooo miserable! She's from Argentina and she bangs on about how us Brits love to get lashed and how she feels uncomfortable with it blah blah blah! Yes we like a social drink and like to get lashed but it's not as if we are like those rugby types that get their meat and two veg out at the dinner table and drink each others piss!!

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:57 pm

Gorp wrote:One of my mates is really bad for this, since he's been married he gets invites to barbies, meet-ups and shit we all have round at each others yards and he'll phone last minute and says" he has really bad asthma and he can't make it!" He was invited to big barbie a few months ago and he called at the last minute and said when he was walking home he got a really stiff face because it was hot!! wtf?!! The trouble is aswell is his Missus is a bit of an old boot and she is sooo miserable! She's from Argentina and she bangs on about how us Brits love to get lashed and how she feels uncomfortable with it blah blah blah! Yes we like a social drink and like to get lashed but it's not as if we are like those rugby types that get their meat and two veg out at the dinner table and drink each others piss!!

i have another angle on that situation.....

i have not been to my old mates bbq for time.....

reasons..

i wont take livvy cos thier birds are propa propa propa scatty bitches and talk about eachother behind thier backs...fuck that!
i cant stand most of thier birds, mainly cos of reason above, but it dont make for a good time when they are huddled together talkin about someones bird...and all have them fall out with eachother regular.
the same things are said and talked about that were for the last few years...over and over again.
i dont enjoy the 'lets all pretend how happy we are' vibe and a row always breaks out.

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:11 pm

happened to me when in the navy, cos i wernt in the pub every night with the same crew every nite....only a cpl of people made an effort to rim me, but i was rimming them at every opportunity....
we all know about you sailor boys :gay:

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Warpedcore wrote:

happened to me when in the navy, cos i wernt in the pub every night with the same crew every nite....only a cpl of people made an effort to rim me, but i was rimming them at every opportunity....
we all know about you sailor boys :gay:

says the man in brighton with a bad back....

all that bending over under the pier was is fella ;)