RECOMMENDATION - PUB IN VAUXHALL

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
bleepers bird
Regular
Regular
Location: Off with the fairies or somewhere in Essex - one or the other!

RECOMMENDATION - PUB IN VAUXHALL

Post by bleepers bird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Hello

Can anyone recommend a good pub near Vauxhall station? I dont know the area at all.

Any recommendations welcome

milwaukees-junglist
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: RECOMMENDATION - PUB IN VAUXHALL

Post by milwaukees-junglist » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 pm

I used to live on Wandsworth Road which is not far from there. I never went out drinking in Vauhxall though.

If you want somewhere that's right on top of Vauxhall tube and safe then try here - http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub3255.html

bleepers bird
Regular
Regular
Location: Off with the fairies or somewhere in Essex - one or the other!

Post by bleepers bird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for that. Am meeting old friend before going to the Labs reunion saturday and we're both coming into Vauxhall station.

Will give that a go

Cheers

livvy
He never locked his car door

Post by livvy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:39 am

Milwaukees-Junglist wrote:I used to live on Wandsworth Road which is not far from there. I never went out drinking in Vauhxall though.

If you want somewhere that's right on top of Vauxhall tube and safe then try here - http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub3255.html
Did you live on the wandsworth Road I know it well what part.

JACK-0
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by JACK-0 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:42 am

There's a few spanish pubs along albert embankment (I think) come out of Vauxhall station and turn right (cross over the footbridge) and around 200 yrds down on the right, always nice for a few beers and it's quite relaxed with decent seating out front for the sun worshippers and smokers. Hope this helps

milwaukees-junglist
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by milwaukees-junglist » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Livvy wrote:
Milwaukees-Junglist wrote:I used to live on Wandsworth Road which is not far from there. I never went out drinking in Vauhxall though.

Small world :)

I lived there for a while a couple of years ago. My flat was opposite the Mc Donalalds drive through near Wandsworth Road railway station. It was ex-council but wasn't a bad place, walking distance to Clapham and I could cycle to where I work in Aldwych along the path by the river, wish I'd stayed there to be honest.

Did you live around there then?

livvy

Post by livvy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Milwaukees-Junglist wrote:
Livvy wrote:

Small world :)

I lived there for a while a couple of years ago. My flat was opposite the Mc Donalalds drive through near Wandsworth Road railway station. It was ex-council but wasn't a bad place, walking distance to Clapham and I could cycle to where I work in Aldwych along the path by the river, wish I'd stayed there to be honest.

Did you live around there then?
No I lived Albert Bridge way, but had mates that lived up that way, we use to walk the whole length of Wandsworth road down into Clapham Junction and drop in on some pubs along the way there were soooooo many pubs along that road. lol

usol
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by usol » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:52 pm

There's a lot of "all-male" bars around Vauxhall, but if you're prepared to trek down the Wandsworth Rd (as suggested before) places like The Artesian Well are within reach.

;)