12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
User avatar
strongforce
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 9745
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:19 am
Location: Romford, Essex

12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by strongforce » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Gotta love a Budget!

• British economy forecast to shrink in 2009 by 3.5%. Growth forecast for 2010: 1.25%; and 2011 onwards: 3.5% a year.

• Inflation (CPI) expected to reach 1% by end of 2009. RPI will fall to -3.5% by end of year.

• No income tax increases this year.

• Income tax rate on those earning more than £150,000 to increase from 45% to 50% from April next year, a year earlier than planned.

• Personal tax allowance of those earning over £100,000 to be withdrawn from next April.

• Pension tax relief restricted for those on incomes over £150,000 from April 2011. It will be gradually tapered to the same 20% rate received by most people.

• Fuel duty to rise by 2% from September and 1% above indexation every April for next four years.

• Tobacco duty to rise by 2% from 6pm today.

• Alcohol duties to rise by 2% from midnight.

User avatar
Sir Captinweestain
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 8556
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:39 pm
Location: Derby

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by Sir Captinweestain » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 pm

yes, even more skint

User avatar
Gorp
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 2507
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:31 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by Gorp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm kinda glad I gave up smoking when I did!

User avatar
Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 12594
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Nodnol

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by Beagle » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 pm

says here it's about 1p on a pint. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8011321.stm



Seriously, the only way to get through life is to ignore all this budget nonsense.. :lol:

User avatar
meatpie48
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 2674
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:04 am

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by meatpie48 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:31 pm

1p on a beer means those cunt landlords will stick 15p on a pint!

User avatar
strongforce
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 9745
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:19 am
Location: Romford, Essex

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by strongforce » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Beagle wrote:says here it's about 1p on a pint. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8011321.stm
Looks like someone at the BBC needs to be sacked as a 2% increase of 1p would mean the pint was originally 50p............if only it were them days again :p

User avatar
Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 22086
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by Double Drop » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Strongforce wrote:• No income tax increases this year.

• Income tax rate on those earning more than £150,000 to increase from 45% to 50% from April next year, a year earlier than planned.
:roll:

User avatar
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 11343
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:05 pm
Location: Leeds/Dublin
Contact:

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by jonny » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Fuck me that's a superb budget when you consider our one last week, our clueless Government (who of course would never dream of taking a pay cut on their massive €100,000+++ salaries) have only gone and done away with mortgage relief for people, meaning those who lost their jobs and who are relying on this will no doubt lose their homes, meanwhile the HSE (Health Service Executive) which is the UK equivalent of the NHS have announced they want to shed a massive 14,000 (yes FOURTEEN THOUSAND) jobs,Ireland has to rank as the worst in Europe if not worldwide for the recession and our clueless Government are amongst the biggest bunch of clowns you've ever likely to see,they really haven't a clue how to run the country and things are getting worse and if they are not removed soon i can see mass demonstrations

User avatar
CMcDougall
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5701
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: Shadow in a valley of Scotland

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by CMcDougall » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:35 pm

meatpie48 wrote:1p on a beer means those cunt landlords will stick 15p on a pint!
yeah, thats what i thought.

a pint the now is about £2.60ish, so after budget £3? :roll: so how 2p increase?

fags up 7p :gay: lol

and 2p on car fuel, and another 2p later. Its fukin about 98.9p already for unleaded, so..... get on yer bike :lol:

shower of bastards.

just watched news, recession even bigger than thought :roll: and now Bay trading clothes shop out the window.

£2k for a 'scrap' car, my cars cost £400ish anyways!
energy efficient cars? what with cyclist going overtaking past you up hills!! suck eggs.

User avatar
fmrl
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Leeds

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by fmrl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:45 pm

CMcDougall wrote:£2k for a 'scrap' car, my cars cost £400ish anyways!
I still can't see how that's really going to work as it's basically a £2000 trade-in voucher for a new car (and how many people with a 10 year old car will have enough money available to buy a brand new car?). I'm sure anyone could walk into any dealership now and get at least £2000 knocked off the price of a brand new car as they're desperate to sell anyway... but nobody's buying.

What scares me about the budget is this national debt thing - even if the UK recovers next year (which is looking more and more doubtful) then we will all still have 10+ years of cutbacks, increased taxation, etc. to pay off all the borrowing. Thanks a billion Brown/Darling.

User avatar
livvy
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5345
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: earth
Contact:

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by livvy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:13 pm

The euro is worth more than the pound now, UK is sliding down a big hole and its getting deeper

Dan J
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1532
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:50 pm

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by Dan J » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:38 pm

CMcDougall wrote:
meatpie48 wrote:1p on a beer means those cunt landlords will stick 15p on a pint!
yeah, thats what i thought.

a pint the now is about £2.60ish, so after budget £3? :roll: so how 2p increase?

fags up 7p :gay: lol

and 2p on car fuel, and another 2p later. Its fukin about 98.9p already for unleaded, so..... get on yer bike :lol:

shower of bastards.

just watched news, recession even bigger than thought :roll: and now Bay trading clothes shop out the window.

£2k for a 'scrap' car, my cars cost £400ish anyways!
energy efficient cars? what with cyclist going overtaking past you up hills!! suck eggs.
£2.60 a pint?? thats happy hour prices in Brighton! more like £3.35 a pint standard

User avatar
Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 22086
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by Double Drop » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:39 pm

Dan J wrote:£2.60 a pint?? thats happy hour prices in Brighton! more like £3.35 a pint standard
£2.40 for a pint of Doom Bar in my local.

flame240877
Regular
Regular
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:40 pm
Location: warrington

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by flame240877 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Who give's a toss, if anyone is that bothered don't drink or smoke!

User avatar
-=Marky G=-
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Hemel Hempstead

Re: 12p on Fags......6p on Beer!!

Post by -=Marky G=- » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:35 am

fmrl wrote:
CMcDougall wrote:£2k for a 'scrap' car, my cars cost £400ish anyways!
I still can't see how that's really going to work as it's basically a £2000 trade-in voucher for a new car (and how many people with a 10 year old car will have enough money available to buy a brand new car?). I'm sure anyone could walk into any dealership now and get at least £2000 knocked off the price of a brand new car as they're desperate to sell anyway... but nobody's buying.

What scares me about the budget is this national debt thing - even if the UK recovers next year (which is looking more and more doubtful) then we will all still have 10+ years of cutbacks, increased taxation, etc. to pay off all the borrowing. Thanks a billion Brown/Darling.
The governemtn are intedning to pay £1000 towards this and expect the dealership to pay the other £1000, thing is the dealerships will just up their prices a grand to cover their layout of the deal, so its a false economy, and like you just said who the fucks in a posistion to buy a brand new car? not me thats for sure, and even if i was I'd be buying one private and saving myself being ripped off by a car dealership.

Locked