UK:Best & Worst places to live

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

UK:Best & Worst places to live

Post by jonny » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:36 pm

I was reading something there a while back about the best and worst places to live in the UK, so where is your best and worst?Should drap up some interesting replies (please no north v south :gay: )

IMO Brighton would be the best place to live, by the sea and a cracking little city with lots happening,nice Bars,Clubs and Restaurants, an all round top town/city.

The worst, a toss up between Holyhead and Crewe, absolute dumps, souless, grey and miserable with nothing happening, fuck i despair anytime i get the ferry and im stranded in Holyhead for a few hours waiting got the ferry to depart, we went to the local club one time as we had a few hours to kill and it was like a throwback to the dark ages, men who looked liked apes and the "women" were like pigs, Crewe too is a right kip. :badgrin:

Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Re: UK:Best & Worst places to live

Post by Beagle » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:06 pm

Well, it all depends on what you want I guess.

Best: London, Oxford, Edinburgh, plus countless villages lioke Brent Pelham or coastal towns like Southwold.

Worst - Rhyll, Stoke, Luton, Kings Lynn, Bradford....

tricky
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by tricky » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:16 pm

prollocks
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by prollocks » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:33 pm

jonny wrote:men who looked liked apes and the "women" were like pigs
LMFAO - That was probably a Classy joint by their standards.

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:01 am

Beagle wrote:Well, it all depends on what you want I guess.

Best: London, Oxford, Edinburgh, plus countless villages lioke Brent Pelham or coastal towns like Southwold.

Worst - Rhyll, Stoke, Luton, Kings Lynn, Bradford....

haha don't be fooled by Edinburgh i know someone who lives there an while the city centre can be good he said some of the suburbs are absolute hellholes,i would've have thought Luton wouldn't be that bad,i passed through it once so can't really comment, never been to any of the other places, well i was in Stoke for 30 minutes stopping off so cant really comment either,looked small but only seen a bit of it.

The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by The_Ruffneck » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:15 am

unemployment figures would give a good indication

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:14 am

Braintree in Essex, home of The Prodigy is pretty awful. I lived there from birth until about 10 years ago.
The town centre's a ghost town, full of empty shops and charity shops, the night life sucks and the place is full of chav's and single mothers.....

-=Marky G=-
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by -=Marky G=- » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:19 am

Beagles right about Luton, its a shit hole, its only a 15 minute journey from Hemel, and beleive me I give it a wide birth. Full of bad boy asians selling H, they reckon every scam ever made up comes from Luton.

However Hemel's not such a bad place, sure its got its bad points like most towns, but also plenty of good points, 20 minutes from London, or 30 minutes to Oxford, theres a good living to be earnt here, and genraly speaking its pleasant and tidy, given the choice Id like to live near the coast in Cornwall, perhaps Bude or somewhere simular, though I dont mind it here at all.

DJ ABO
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by DJ ABO » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:15 am

Slough, Luton = shit

Wigan looked pretty dull when I was up there

I moved to Milton Keynes a while back and for all the people that slate it for roundabouts and concrete I actually think It's a decent place to live, plenty going on, hardly any speed cameras, nice lakes
:gay: :lol:

Brighton is quality!

Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Beagle » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 pm

jonny wrote: haha don't be fooled by Edinburgh i know someone who lives there an while the city centre can be good he said some of the suburbs are absolute hellholes,
yeah, I guess the same could be said of any major city - London for example can boast some the best areas and some of the worst.

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:52 pm

AtomSmasher wrote: The town centre's a ghost town, full of empty shops and charity shops, the night life sucks and the place is full of chav's and single mothers.....
sounds like the hole of he uk tbh...

tbh...most of essex is a hole anyways...some more than others..

Tilbury, Grays, Basildon, Ockendin, Perfleet, Stanford - infact the whole of Thurrock and Basildon districts.

but that said, id rather live in Essex than oop norf...

and that said...id live further north in the lake district..

and that said...

i dont care anymore VIVA LE FRANCE!!!

Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Beagle » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:51 pm

nah, loads of Essex is lovely. Mainly towards the north part, but even in Basildon Langdon Hills and Horndon are pretty nice.
Brentwood, Upminster, Leigh on Sea, Thorpe Bay are all nice enough. Same as Chelmsford, Maldon, Danbury, Mersea...and anywhere on the Suffolk Borders.

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Beagle wrote:nah, loads of Essex is lovely. Mainly towards the north part, but even in Basildon Langdon Hills and Horndon are pretty nice.
Brentwood, Upminster, Leigh on Sea, Thorpe Bay are all nice enough. Same as Chelmsford, Maldon, Danbury, Mersea...and anywhere on the Suffolk Borders.
laindon hills - commuter 'village', Laindon its self is a fukin hole mate!!

Basildon = HOLE, END OF.

horndon as orsett - were lovely villages (when i was livin there 20 years ago) now full of scummy cunts since they knocked the hospital down and stck up loads of houses (its another chafford hundred, and that is a HOLE)

Chelmsord, and the surrounding villages are nice, id say chelmsford is the best big town in the southern part of essex, the villages are propa isolated though.

Brentwood....trust thats got its holes...(lived in shenfield me self for a bit and thats very nice - though its a granny and builders part of brentwood) - i was in a pub yesterday in brentwood....used to be nice,not so much now...but the town centre at night is safe nuff...to go out drinking and take your mrs without havin agg from pissed up twats.

Romford and Harold Hill are good examples, 30, 40 years ago they were lovely places to live....now they are propa dumps, and HH is the car crime capital of the south.

deffo agree that the northen boarders are alot nicer than down ere.....i wouldnt want to buy a house with livvy here and deffo not want to raise our children here.

all that said....im an Essex boy, born n bred.....always will be ya cuuuuunt ;)

AtomSmasher
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by AtomSmasher » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Beagle wrote:nah, loads of Essex is lovely. Mainly towards the north part, but even in Basildon Langdon Hills and Horndon are pretty nice.
South Essex seems to have a lot of pylons! Anyone else noticed that?

Basildon/Pitsea/Canvey Island are all awful places - i had the misfortune of having to drive to Pitsea to do radio at one point.
Up here in Historic Colchester all we have to be concerned with are angry squaddies....

champion puffa

Post by champion puffa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:08 pm

AtomSmasher wrote: Up here in Historic Colchester all we have to be concerned with are angry squaddies....
and sailors that have been sent to the prison ;)

the pylons are more of a chelmsford ish way....nuffin but shit in basildon/thurrock districts ;)