160x120_tripods_1.jpg
160x120_tripods_1.jpg (6.46 KiB) Viewed 562 times

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Re: The Tripods are coming...

Post by Double Drop » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:18 am

Yes yes! =D>

Got the original BBC TV series on DVD. Season one only as season two was never released on DVD.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/alex-proya ... -films.php
Director Alex Proyas (Dark City, I, Robot) told SCI FI Wire that his upcoming film adaptation of John Christopher's young-adult SF series The Tripods will be the first of an envisioned trilogy of films.

"We've done a draft; we're basically at the first-draft stage of Tripods, and we're about to go into our second draft," Proyas said in an exclusive interview on Monday. "Pretty happy with the script; I think it's come a long way. ... We're only doing the first book, The White Mountains, and the notion is, obviously, that it will hopefully be a trilogy. But we'll probably just be shooting the first movie independently."

samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by samuel » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Yeah, it's just insane how long it's been "in production". But it seems the writers an directors have changed on the way. I believe the first time I read there was a movie being made from this was 8 years ago or so. Really looking forward to it, especially now as they are gonna make three movies instead of one. It would be really hard to make only one movie out of those three books.

safe
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by safe » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:33 pm

i've been trying to get hold of a copy of john christopher's 'death of grass' for what seems like forever. :(