just walked out of work after an argument

Off topic, keep it clean and legal!
Markymark
He never locked his car door

just walked out of work after an argument

Post by Markymark » Tue May 13, 2008 11:01 am

with the boss.

FUCK! i wish i hadn't done it now. :| I cant afford to be out of work.

its a cracking job, but the bloke who owns the place is killing the place. i doubt most people on here a familiar with CNC work, you cant just run a CNC machine it has to be 'set' then a programme written for it. I was told to do this for a really important job that needed to go out urgent (this was last wednesday) all was done within about 5 hours already to go. except i couldnt start the job as the plonker forgot to order the tools. so i stood around losing the cunt money the rest of wednesday, and thursday, he wasnt in friday and still no tools arrived so i stood around some more.....he strolls in monday morning and shouts 'why isn't that fucking machine running?' i then had to remind the tosser it was because i was still waiting for the tools to arrive! to my amazement he told me he hadnt ordered them yet. another day lost. THEN i ask him when they'd be here and find out he's ordered the wrong fucking tools!!!!!!!!! :x what a useless fucking tool!!!!!!!!

walked in this morning and blanked the cunt, im that sick of him. i could tell hundreds more similar stories of the fuck ups hes made. anyway he ended up moaning at me over one sodding mistake i made in a programme, and id had to change the programme in the first place because he hadn't got the right tools. its something i haven't gone to college to learn, ive basically been left to learn it alone so occasionally im going to drop a bollock theres too many codes to learn to be perfect at it in 12 months. he chucks the job across the room, that was it got my stuff and fucked off.

fuck me id love to be my own boss so much!!!!! wanker!

CMcDougall

Re: just walked out of work after an argument

Post by CMcDougall » Tue May 13, 2008 11:07 am

mmmm, sounds as if you've lost it. Should of took a deep breath. (ive done it 20x + )

if u NEED the job, u will have to go back with your tail between your legs :sad:

hope it works out ok, but might not be the same again. Post your CV about :wink:

Markymark

Post by Markymark » Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 am

CMcDougall wrote:mmmm, sounds as if you've lost it. Should of took a deep breath. (ive done it 20x + )

if u NEED the job, u will have to go back with your tail between your legs :sad:
yeah i know. trying my hardest to find another job right now. couldnt bare to go back there
Last edited by Markymark on Tue May 13, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Tue May 13, 2008 11:29 am

Always a demand for CNC operators I think...

Still, it's best to walk away than suck cock. Good on you and good luck in the job hunt.

jon99
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by jon99 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:35 am

I used to have similar problems when I worked in IT - senior management being a complete and utter bunch of twats and making things a nightmare for me. It was the main reason I quit IT to start my own business instead. Whilst that was better to begin with I soon had the same problems - management in other companies (primarily my suppliers) being a complete and utter bunch of twats and making things a nightmare for me.

Still, I'm a better person for it now as I've learnt a lot of lessons from it and am going back to IT. For me at least its about controlling my emotions, not getting wound up by twats and looking at the bigger picture. Though if it came to it I wouldn't hesitate at walking away from a job if it was getting to me that much even if I didn't have anything else lined up.

Markymark

Post by Markymark » Tue May 13, 2008 11:42 am

Double Drop wrote:Always a demand for CNC operators I think...

Still, it's best to walk away than suck cock. Good on you and good luck in the job hunt.
Theres a shortage of people out there that can do it apparently. job centre/agencies aren't exactly showing much though....

im seriously considering going into a few engineering places and asking if theres any work. dont fancy doing that, but i dont fancy going back there even more.

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Tue May 13, 2008 11:53 am

before i done my back the building firm i worked for i walked out on loads always with an increase in wage's when i went back , the last time was cos of health and safety issue's expecting us to strip a roof with no scaffold and a 30 ft drop had a massive argument walked out and grassed them to the health and safety got them in lots of shit and then a month or so later they took me back(asked me to come back) with a £20 a day increase lol ..if dj rapture was still posting on here he would tell u about the tosspots as he worked for them as well , was a good crack as working with any building firm can be but what cunts they could be..

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Tue May 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Fair play man it took balls to do that, id try find another job, surely there must be plenty of work in England thesedays (well there is loads here anyway) good luck.

aize
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by aize » Wed May 14, 2008 5:54 am

Walked out on a couple of jobs over the years. Regretted it for about 30 seconds an then just had a big smile on my face for about the next 6 months. Fuck working for someone who's gonna do your nut in!

Markymark

Post by Markymark » Wed May 14, 2008 7:33 am

got an interview later today, and someone else getting back to me at 11.

went into work when everyone had left and picked all my stuff up. i havent told the boss anything. and im not going to. we've passed two aprils now without even a mention of a rise, he just says fuck all and hopes everything will be ok. apparently two blokes left over this before. when i started i was put on a three month trial, i was told after that was up my wages would go up. 3 months ended and nothing was said. i left it two weeks then confronted him, it took another month and a half to get that fucking rise!!! :wanker: christmas we got fuck all! its the only place ive ever known that to happen. another time i went to bank to get a tennor out (thursday when we get paid), and theres nothing in there. had some spare money at home so i used that and thought it'll be in later. went to the bank friday morning NOTHING!!!! the fat idle cow that does the wages doesnt come in on a friday so i couldnt see her about it. i managed to get hold of her number at home (shes the boss's wife) and rung her early about 06.45 :badgrin: i was like whats going on with the wages? and she said she hadnt been able to do the wages until late so we might not get our wages until monday!!!!!! spitting the feathers out of my mouth, i shouted dont you think it would of been a good idea to tell people that earlier in the week? so i went all weekend without wages because she couldnt be arsed to tell anyone, oh i went overdrawn at the bank that week.

fuck em, im not going back and im not telling them. they can work it out themselves like ive had too for the past 12 months.

bleepers bird
Regular
Regular
Location: Off with the fairies or somewhere in Essex - one or the other!

Post by bleepers bird » Thu May 15, 2008 7:25 pm

I walked out of my job about 6 weeks ago. I had already handed in my notice without another job to go to (and i have a mortgage). With a week and a half to go I just couldnt take it any more. I wont bore you with the details but to cut a long story short -

I started there last July and was on a team of six (work in business travel). By xmas we were a team of three/four and they were takin on more and more accounts. So those remaining (including me) on the team are doing the job of two people. Now i dont mind staying late occassionally or working lunch and Im a bloody hard worker, but when it comes down to doing 2-3hours extra a day for fuck all and this goes on for weeks and when your team leader is such a pussy she wont approach the manager to get help then its time to say something. Basically it all kicked off and there were tears (not mine) and then it was like a personal vendetta (from the manager) to get me out. I handed in my notice and she starts with the snide fucking comments. She may be able to get away talking to the 19 year olds like they're 2inches small and bringing them down in front of the whole office but she seemed to forget iv been in the industry for near on 18 years and she picked on the wrong person this time. She made one snide comment too much. Hmmm... actually it was the last two that fucked me off so much that throughout the day (on a thursday) i cleared my desk and left that night - absolutely seething but knowing id never walk back in there. The following morning I went to the doctors and got them to sign me off the last week and a bit I was due to work there and then I told HR all about her. They asked me if I wanted to make a formal complaint and i said no as i dont ever want to see or hear from that woman again. At least they are aware of it and believe me, im not the only one thats just walked out/been signed off. This happens in too many work places and iv had a similar thing in another office.

Iv got to a point in my life where i just wont be treated like a mug and i certainly wont be bullied! Im now just temping (on a few hundred pounds less a month) but its a breeze to that shit and I regret nothing.

cantonamagic
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by cantonamagic » Thu May 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Thats the trouble with working for small engineering companies. Can be a proper pain in the arse. I used to work at a place where the boss employed both his sons. One was a really good machinist and just got on with things.
The other was a proper c*nt. Worked as the stores 'manager' which meant dealing with him all the time. He would go out of his way to make life difficult for everyone. He knew the whole place hated him but didn't give a fuck as the boss was his old man.

I've always found good engineering jobs here http://www.gojobsite.co.uk/ so might be worth a look.
Know a few places down here that are always looking for decent CNC programmers/operators, but it would be a cunt of a commute mate!

Gorp
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Gorp » Fri May 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Fairplay MM your boss sounds like a right dick mate.

Markymark

Post by Markymark » Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 pm

cantonamagic wrote:Thats the trouble with working for small engineering companies. Can be a proper pain in the arse. I used to work at a place where the boss employed both his sons. One was a really good machinist and just got on with things.
The other was a proper c*nt. Worked as the stores 'manager' which meant dealing with him all the time. He would go out of his way to make life difficult for everyone. He knew the whole place hated him but didn't give a fuck as the boss was his old man.

I've always found good engineering jobs here http://www.gojobsite.co.uk/ so might be worth a look.
Know a few places down here that are always looking for decent CNC programmers/operators, but it would be a cunt of a commute mate!
yeah, the company was passed down to him by his dad (surprise, surprise)! its winding me up now just thinking about that fucking half wit!

commute? id move down there if i wasnt settled down mate. id love to live in Bournemouth.

cheers for the link, ill have a butchers now

Markymark

Post by Markymark » Fri May 16, 2008 7:41 pm

cantonamagic wrote:Thats the trouble with working for small engineering companies. Can be a proper pain in the arse. I used to work at a place where the boss employed both his sons. One was a really good machinist and just got on with things.

yeah, the company was passed down to him by his dad (surprise, surprise)! its winding me up now just thinking about that fucking half wit!

commute? id move down there if i wasnt settled down mate. id love to live in Bournemouth.

cheers for the link, ill have a butchers now