Tic Tac Toe - Ephemerol (dJ fLow 2013 remix)

Breaks, Old Skool, Nu Skool. Interested in how it's all done or have advice to offer? Post here
djflow1977
Regular
Regular

Tic Tac Toe - Ephemerol (dJ fLow 2013 remix)

Post by djflow1977 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 pm

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Re: Tic Tac Toe - Ephemerol (dJ fLow 2013 remix)

Post by renegadegenius » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Nice little remix :)

Couple of bits that may need fixing though if you can :

1st sound seems to have a small gap at the start of the sample, so it doesn't play dead on the beats.
(which you can hear more noticeably later on in the track)

Synth line at around 1.05 - when it stops, it stops dead, which makes it sound a bit un-natural. Maybe a touch of reverb - eg:

http://www.divshare.com/download/23998445-9c2

Aside from those 2 little technical things, a nice version :)

djflow1977
Regular
Regular

Post by djflow1977 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 pm

renegadegenius wrote:Nice little remix :)

Couple of bits that may need fixing though if you can :

1st sound seems to have a small gap at the start of the sample, so it doesn't play dead on the beats.
(which you can hear more noticeably later on in the track)

Synth line at around 1.05 - when it stops, it stops dead, which makes it sound a bit un-natural. Maybe a touch of reverb - eg:

http://www.divshare.com/download/23998445-9c2

Aside from those 2 little technical things, a nice version :)
Thanks loads for the reply and for going to the effort to add that divshare example! Much appreciated. I know exactly what ur saying on both counts. The chime sound; well I tried to trim it as much as possible to avoid it sounding a tiny bit out. But trimming it even a microscopic bit more made it sound like it had a chunk taken out of it. I tried running it slightly earlier - then it was way out! I'm using Fruity Loops which I have only been using for 2 weeks (this is the 4th tune I've ever made) so have a lot to learn in this field. Likewise the reverb on the note where it sounds like it stops dead - this did my head right in! I couldn't figure out how to add any effect onto it, and the sample that does have the reverb sounded out of place. I did try many times and many different ways to achieve what I wanted, in the end I gave up! One person has said to me he prefers it like that, but I would prefer it to have the slight reverb as you did on the divshare clip. I shall try one more time to fix it - wish me luck! Cheers!

djflow1977
Regular
Regular

Post by djflow1977 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:42 pm

I figured out how to do the reverb (should have googled it!) so I've uploaded an update. Can't do anything about the chimes.... :/

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:37 am

djflow1977 wrote:I figured out how to do the reverb (should have googled it!) so I've uploaded an update. Can't do anything about the chimes.... :/
If you can render a wav of the tune without the chime sound as one wav & then the chime part only as a wav & upload for me, I can fix it for you ;)
(Pm the links if you like).
I don't use FL so wouldn't be able to help with that side of it.

blah
Regular
Regular

Post by blah » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Very good mate! Personally I wouldn't have the chimes over the pad later in the tune as they seem to clash or something? But smashing tune anyway!
Incidently I did two hokey versions of the other side 456 almost a decade ago!
https://myspace.com/re-start0/music/songs

Sorry for digging up my old myspace account, but it is the only place I know where they are at the moment?