New electro track

Breaks, Old Skool, Nu Skool. Interested in how it's all done or have advice to offer? Post here
samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

New electro track

Post by samuel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:13 pm

A while ago I posted an electro track in here with big fat 808 drums that had Yuri Gagarin samples (the Youtube version is still up), but it ended up going into the bit universe when a few months worth of posts disappeared from this forum.

However, I finished something today that I had been building for a few months. Goes to the same category, faster and a bit darker though, still builds on the idea of mainly Tr-808 and Juno-sounds and has the clichéic sample from Logan's Run movie that also Richie Hawtin sampled.

Have a listen to The Escape

henryburner
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: New electro track

Post by henryburner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I think the sounds themselves are very good. I would like some effects on some of the drum sounds, maybe a flanger on the hats or delay and reverb on the snare to get a deeper sound. Personally I prefer electro tunes a bit slower and more evolving, more random style, maybe cause I like Drexciya a lot. But nice sounds overall and good melodies, the first arpeggio is really cool. Top production as usual. :)

samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: New electro track

Post by samuel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:38 am

Thanks Henry once again for commenting :) Yeah this track was purposedly totally different from what you last heard as I don't like to strictly stick to only one style. The main idea was to keep the track as minimal as possible, synth wise so I only used Tal-Juno plugin and Audiorealism (of course :lol: ) for this alongside the drumsamples.