New acid trance tunes

Breaks, Old Skool, Nu Skool. Interested in how it's all done or have advice to offer? Post here
samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

New acid trance tunes

Post by samuel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:24 am

...but still old school as it is my style thus thought to share with you guys. Enjoy!

Substance - Sierra Nevada
Substance - The Abyss

...and one new!

Substance - Arctic Surface
Last edited by samuel on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Re: New acid trance tunes

Post by Beagle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Very nice mate!

The Abyss is a top tune - lovely and moody, good bassline.

Sierra Nevada is cool as well, but I'm not sure about those pan pipes! :o

samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by samuel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Beagle wrote:Very nice mate!

The Abyss is a top tune - lovely and moody, good bassline.

Sierra Nevada is cool as well, but I'm not sure about those pan pipes! :o
Thanks a lot for listening. I knew the panflute would be hard for most people but hey, they are essential in that track :D I mean, I don't like panflutes either, but that's a way to break rules ;) If I had some native american vocals I'd add them too.

henryburner
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by henryburner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi Samuel, this stuff sound really like authentic 92-94 trance but in a new fresh production. You ever heard Robert Leiner aka Source Experience on R&S? That was one of my favourites in trance back in the day and this stuff gives me some nice shivers of nostalgia :lol:

Sierra Nevada - Superb, I like that voice/flute melody, fits in good. Good pumping drums and acid bass. The M1 pianos come in as a surprise at the end though but I know you like M1 pianos so what the heck, sounds good :)

Abyss - a bit harder than the previous one, I like the longer intro in this one, nice build up, more of an acid techno track that sierra nevada.

Sierra Nevada is more for my taste, I like the melodies in that one which is cool in "old" trance inspired tunes, but both very good tunes, thanks! :)

samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by samuel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:54 am

henryburner wrote:You ever heard Robert Leiner aka Source Experience on R&S?
Sure did, but probably not as well as you. I know only his work as Source. I did like those few tracks but my background is more in the german trance, Eye-Q, MFS, Suck Me Plasma!, Superstition, Harthouse and the likes.
henryburner wrote:Sierra Nevada - Superb, I like that voice/flute melody, fits in good. Good pumping drums and acid bass. The M1 pianos come in as a surprise at the end though but I know you like M1 pianos so what the heck, sounds good :)
Thanks. Yeah I know what you mean, they do sound a bit out of place and I might work it on if I make an extended mix of it. I just wanted to have the piano part running twice through the track but it doesn't fit properly.

DIEMOS
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by DIEMOS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:57 pm

my background is trance too, i produce it when i have time. my stuff includes more of the saw synth trance lines. pretty cool stuff.

DazzF
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Location: Northfleet - The sun always shines in Northfleet, even at night.

Post by DazzF » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:43 am

This is not really my style, but I had some time, so I thought I would have a listen. All three are very good, the production sounds great.

I'll show my lack of knowledge about all things trance and ask, are people playing this kind of stuff out? I know some of my mates from back-in-the-day would love this kind of stuff.

samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by samuel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:16 pm

DazzF wrote: I'll show my lack of knowledge about all things trance and ask, are people playing this kind of stuff out? I know some of my mates from back-in-the-day would love this kind of stuff.
Well, they are a bit out of date material tbh. As they are in the pre-super saw era (Ferry Corsten & Co.) I don't know how well it would go in big crowd, but there are always small groups (like HCB) and dj's who enjoy old sounds so it would probably go in a smaller rave.

henryburner
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by henryburner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:04 pm

The recent one "arctic surface" is now my favourite of the 3. :) Usually Im not too keen on little melodies but in this one it worked good. I think you did a nice build up with just kick and 303 at the start. I like the breakdown you do, very nice synths and stuff there and then bang the beat back again. It got a more moody vibe than the others. Very good tunes indeed and suberb production, sounds awesome in both headphones and on thru the monitors :)

BTW this style is very 93-95 to me. This was the kind of of techno trance they used to play at the raves back then, at least over here :). When I used to change cd´s in high school with the few that were into techno this was the kind of stuff you got. Not even comparable with that lame arena type trance of today.

samuel
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by samuel » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:11 pm

henryburner wrote: BTW this style is very 93-95 to me. This was the kind of of techno trance they used to play at the raves back then, at least over here :). When I used to change cd´s in high school with the few that were into techno this was the kind of stuff you got. Not even comparable with that lame arena type trance of today.
Exactly. Sweden and Finland were probably very close to each other in that sense bitd. Perhaps Sweden was a bit further as usual :) I remember swapping disks (Amiga) with a guy from Kolmården who then moved to Stockholm and we always talked about our raving experiences ;)