Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
lemsip
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:25 am
Location: Denver Colorado

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by lemsip » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:26 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?3yfyeh2mehd

HMS - Big Nasty Dragon, Plymouth 1996 ish.

User avatar
Gorp
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 2507
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:31 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by Gorp » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:24 pm

lemsip wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?3yfyeh2mehd

HMS - Big Nasty Dragon, Plymouth 1996 ish.
Grabbed this thanks matey

User avatar
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: London

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by Traffic Cone » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:19 am

one of the better HMS sets that one is if i remember rightly, slightly less records on the wrong speed than usual :lol:

User avatar
Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 12594
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Nodnol

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by Beagle » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:54 pm

^ haha...


Nice fella though (if a bit weird).

lemsip
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:25 am
Location: Denver Colorado

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by lemsip » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Traffic Cone wrote:one of the better HMS sets that one is if i remember rightly, slightly less records on the wrong speed than usual :lol:
I can't tell the difference.

User avatar
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: London

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by Traffic Cone » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Really? How was he weird?

I've always been curious about HMS. The myth going around for ages was that he had become a crackhead hence his disappearance from the scene; and I'd also heard that no one really knew him either, the promoters had contacts to book him etc but he had never really talked to anyone else. Oh and that he never really liked speedcore at all, just did the gigs for the money. I did see recently he's become a funky house DJ, and has no interest in returning to hardcore (having witnessed the quality of Loftgroover's sets since his return recently that's probably for the best).

I do know a worrying number of people who rate him as their favourite DJ :lol: although to be fair, his beatmatching was pretty good at least.

User avatar
Beagle
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 12594
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Nodnol

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by Beagle » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Traffic Cone wrote:Really? How was he weird?

I've always been curious about HMS. The myth going around for ages was that he had become a crackhead hence his disappearance from the scene; and I'd also heard that no one really knew him either, the promoters had contacts to book him etc but he had never really talked to anyone else. Oh and that he never really liked speedcore at all, just did the gigs for the money. I did see recently he's become a funky house DJ, and has no interest in returning to hardcore (having witnessed the quality of Loftgroover's sets since his return recently that's probably for the best).

I do know a worrying number of people who rate him as their favourite DJ :lol: although to be fair, his beatmatching was pretty good at least.
Well, when we played at Nosebleed (myself, Hellfish, Skeeta and Diplomat) HMS was also playing and stayed in the same hotel (it was the first time I heard the chant: "H -H- HMS!" - nutters) and he came back to our room. We were, ahem, the worse for wear so we offered him what we had left (which amounted to a wrap of whizz and he said "yeah I'll have that, nice one)...anyway, he went to bed a bit later and we found the wrap on the floor, screwed up but untouched - like he dropped it all secretively - it's hard to explain but it freaked us out a bit. Well, made us laugh really! Why didn't he just say 'no thanks?'.
He also talked about the fact that he liked to 'clear the dancefloor'. Which is weird. Pretty old too - made me feel young anyway, lol...

But, he was a really nice fella though! lol...

I guess it seemed more weird as we were so caned but still....

And on the way back we found this town: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... humberland+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf
SO Hellfish nicked the sign for his studio! :D

Auntie Depressant
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:26 pm

Re: Nosebleed - Live - 199? - DJ Loftgroover (Live Mix) - 192kbp

Post by Auntie Depressant » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Ferry intvesting!! :D

Locked