Foul Play- Finest Illusion

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Kerrse
Regular
Regular

Foul Play- Finest Illusion

Post by Kerrse » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Just been loadin up loads tunes to discogs when i loaded this one i looked at the one for sale..£300 an also looked at the 2 nd press they all going for £2-300 surley no one pays that kind of money ??

http://www.discogs.com/release/33017 :shock: :shock:

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:06 pm

2-300 for any copy is rather steep - which is probably why the ones on discogs aren't shifting. Ebay throws up copies for closer to 100 usually. But tunes go in and out of fashion/price. At one point you could get a labelled one for £50-75 and a black for £35-50 after there was a selling flood on ebay.

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:10 pm

About 5 or 6 years back I sold 2 copies at £175. Ebay ones did go higher!
But in recent years a proper copy usually goes for under £75 and the black label one with the clicks at the start gets around £30-40 usually.
There is also a pink promo which is supposed to be the crispest copy. Never seen one for sale though.

And it's been booted a few times now, so that's probably brought the price down a bit.

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:18 pm

still kicking myself for selling this last year even if it was the black release

crugga
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by crugga » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:18 pm

warpedcore
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by warpedcore » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:23 pm

mine only went for about £35 was well gutted little did i know my auction was gonna end bang smack in the middle of the last world cup england match ...only payed £15 for it in the first place but still reckon i could of got more than what i did for it
Last edited by warpedcore on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:23 pm

"THE TRACK STARTS WITH JAMAICAN STYLE CHAT ,WITH REGGAE CHORDS ,DEEP BASSLINE .THEN VOCAL SOUNDS LIKE NOBODYS MAD MAN THEN THE BREAKBEATS ..WITH REGGAE CHORDS ,THEN TECHNO KEYBOARDS..THEN FEMALE VOICE SAYING SCREWFACE"

Reminds me of all those years ago coming out with descriptions like this to confused record shop owners! :lol:

crugga
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by crugga » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Steve J wrote:
"THE TRACK STARTS WITH JAMAICAN STYLE CHAT ,WITH REGGAE CHORDS ,DEEP BASSLINE .THEN VOCAL SOUNDS LIKE NOBODYS MAD MAN THEN THE BREAKBEATS ..WITH REGGAE CHORDS ,THEN TECHNO KEYBOARDS..THEN FEMALE VOICE SAYING SCREWFACE"

Reminds me of all those years ago coming out with descriptions like this to confused record shop owners behind the counter! :lol:
Haha ennit. Remember being down Fibre optics and Fallout would allways get me to sing or hum, her and her mates + all the lads in the shop were there pissing themselves trying to guess the tunes, I was only about 14 so didnt give a shit. How embaressing looking back now. :oops: :lol:

renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Post by renegadegenius » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:28 pm

Steve J wrote:

Reminds me of all those years ago coming out with descriptions like this to confused record shop owners! :lol:
Those were the days :lol:

Kerrse
Regular
Regular

Post by Kerrse » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:32 pm

All good ..i got the labelled one and defo not going to sell it as it's mint mint condition just nice to know it's worth a bit.

:D

Devious Dame
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by Devious Dame » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:34 pm

all about this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

get your bids in quick!!!

:lol: :lol:

dwarde78
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by dwarde78 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Elusive wrote:
RenegadeGenius wrote:and the black label one with the clicks at the start gets around £30-40 usually
there was a pink promo on ebay recently, dwarde won it, i'm not sure how much he paid though

its definately the best pressing of the lot 8)
;)

best purchase ever....loved the tune since i was 8 lol

paid £125 in total for that AND foul play volume 2 - which can go upto £40 i think

no regrets whatsoever 8)

dagoon
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by dagoon » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:15 pm

Devious Dame wrote:all about this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

get your bids in quick!!!

:lol: :lol:
:badgrin: i just bought that the otherday for a mate :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Kerrse
Regular
Regular

Post by Kerrse » Mon May 14, 2007 6:54 am

One for sale now at a resonable price considering what it is an what it goes for normally

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=33017

:D

Fizza
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Fizza » Tue May 15, 2007 2:34 am

It's all a matter of opinion of course, but I much preferred the Nookie remix at the time and still do, the original veered a little too much on the side of pinky & perky for my liking whereas Nookie took the main elements of what made the track good (ie; not the acapella itself) and improved on them, whilst still dropping in nice bits of the acapella for effect. I'm not one to talk down stuff just because it's rare or expensive either, it's definitely rare and sought after so fair play to the price it gets, but I just think the Nookie Remix is just the better tune.

As a matter of interest, has anyone bought a copy of the original acapella and see if it could be made to fit with the remix in the mix?