Oldskool Photos of You !!! back in the 90s !

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!

this is so the thread does not die !!

do you like looking at these funny old pics ?
83%
do you like looking at these funny old pics ?
17%

Total votes: 35

Arry
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Arry » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:11 pm

-=Remotely Queued=- wrote:
Arry wrote:me an my bro in 92,Im on the left

whats it like having zammo one of the main cast of grange hill as a brother ?

lmao we never ran out of brown in our house!!!! :D

bear
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by bear » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:57 pm

Elusive wrote:its the same for me though mate, i'm the only one out of my djing crew left
they all just bandwagon jumped, and got bored of it, we didn't
i don't see the problem with still being into it, until something better comes along i'll still be right on it
look like i'm taking the hardcore to my grave with me, as there is nothing better out there for me
just enjoy it, otherwise buy the lastest artic monkey's album like the rest of the sheep in the country :gay:
i find being into those throwaway bands sadder than being into hardcore
at least your following your heart instead of a current trend :gay:
Just enjoy it ?? I fuckin love it still. There isnt a better form of music to mix imo. It just makes me think when i see everyone else has moved on.

nee
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Post by nee » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:36 am

deeman72 wrote:i simply live on the memories now, which imo is and was the only 'rave scene' ....

i'm not saying i don't believe in these 'reunions'. if the demand is there for them and people want to promote and go to them, then why not? it's a free country! i also know a lot of people that have gone to various old skool events recently and they have all said "it was like the old days"...

my personal feelings are that however good they are, they will never BE the old days. times have changed, those 'special' people have moved on. fashions, cultures and music have also changed. i wouldn't want to spoil my memories by trying to recreate those times. and whats more i don't take stuff anymore. i'm not saying you have to take stuff to have a good time..far from it, but everyone knows it was part of the scene back then.. the music, the stuff, the people, the buzz was all in the right place at the right time...

although i must admit if there ever was/is a 'proper' eclipse reunion held at the cambridge corn exchange i would have to dust down my dancin' shoes, persuade my wife (who was 12 at the time of eclipse) and get in the car and head for cambridge quick time!!!

wot say you?

awwww!! :(

I think the worst part of reading all that was the fact that you openly admit that IF there was a 'proper' eclipse reunion you'd be there like hot cakes!! which kinda gives the impression that you're still into it, but trends have dictated to you that its 'not the right thing to do at your age'..
The sad fact is that none of us are getting any younger.....but most of us are still within the age bracket that aint 'embarrassing'.

Do it before its too late!!

My worst regret is missing out on Tribal Gathering in 1993 cos i was the sensible one and wasn't prepared to skive a day off work. At the time it seemed like a big deal, but now, obviously older and wiser, i see that it wouldn't have made a shit of difference....and thats kinda how i live my life now. No regrets........living each day as it is...and if i wanna have a dance i will have a dance, whether its the 'in' thing to do or not ;)
If i wasn't still going out and having it, i know for a fact that in 10 years time i'd be posting something along the lines of "ooooooh...i so regret not having it in my thirties"

"Life moves pretty fast...you can't stop to look around once in a while......you could miss it..."

Sorry if i got you all wrong.....but the fact that you (and many others) post on here means that you still live it and breath it.....why not still go out and have it!?

livvy
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by livvy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:41 am

Drift wrote:
Brainstormer wrote:Image
Brainstorm Studio, 1992 ...guess which tune I'm working on?
That's a superb photo. If you ever get another EP out with just your stuff on it you need to use that as picture sleeve art! ;)

That is the nutts!!! wikid picture :D

PAUL EG
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by PAUL EG » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:19 am

Is that an amiga 500 your on there or an ST

fmrl
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by fmrl » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:29 pm

justo1 wrote:oh well me in the 90's

hubba hubba :D

dj silver

Post by dj silver » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:41 pm

PAUL EG wrote:Is that an amiga 500 your on there or an ST
Geek ! Lol.

Its an Amiga.

LadEraver
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LadEraver » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:26 pm

This was me in the 90s!

Last edited by LadEraver on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brainstormer
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Brainstormer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:32 pm

dj silver wrote:
PAUL EG wrote:Is that an amiga 500 your on there or an ST
Geek ! Lol.

Its an Amiga.
Geek! :lol:

ruffer
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by ruffer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:38 pm

Brainstormer wrote: Brainstorm Studio, 1992 ...guess which tune I'm working on?
plastic man or reach up? :p

DJ Chance
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by DJ Chance » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:55 pm

nee wrote:
deeman72 wrote:i simply live on the memories now, which imo is and was the only 'rave scene' ....

i'm not saying i don't believe in these 'reunions'. if the demand is there for them and people want to promote and go to them, then why not? it's a free country! i also know a lot of people that have gone to various old skool events recently and they have all said "it was like the old days"...

my personal feelings are that however good they are, they will never BE the old days. times have changed, those 'special' people have moved on. fashions, cultures and music have also changed. i wouldn't want to spoil my memories by trying to recreate those times. and whats more i don't take stuff anymore. i'm not saying you have to take stuff to have a good time..far from it, but everyone knows it was part of the scene back then.. the music, the stuff, the people, the buzz was all in the right place at the right time...

although i must admit if there ever was/is a 'proper' eclipse reunion held at the cambridge corn exchange i would have to dust down my dancin' shoes, persuade my wife (who was 12 at the time of eclipse) and get in the car and head for cambridge quick time!!!

wot say you?

I think the worst part of reading all that was the fact that you openly admit that IF there was a 'proper' eclipse reunion you'd be there like hot cakes!! which kinda gives the impression that you're still into it, but trends have dictated to you that its 'not the right thing to do at your age'..
The sad fact is that none of us are getting any younger.....but most of us are still within the age bracket that aint 'embarrassing'.

My worst regret is missing out on Tribal Gathering in 1993 cos i was the sensible one and wasn't prepared to skive a day off work. At the time it seemed like a big deal, but now, obviously older and wiser, i see that it wouldn't have made a shit of difference....and thats kinda how i live my life now. No regrets........living each day as it is...and if i wanna have a dance i will have a dance, whether its the 'in' thing to do or not ;)
If i wasn't still going out and having it, i know for a fact that in 10 years time i'd be posting something along the lines of "ooooooh...i so regret not having it in my thirties"

"Life moves pretty fast...you can't stop to look around once in a while......you could miss it..."

Sorry if i got you all wrong.....but the fact that you (and many others) post on here means that you still live it and breath it.....why not still go out and have it!?
Couldn't agree more Neil.

My Dad who is know 56 is well into the Northern Soul scene and has 1000's of them little records :):) Went to a Northern Soul night with him a few years back and alot of people 'his' age getting down on the dancefloor (They even spinkle down Talcum powder to make it more slippy :):) )

So there is NO reason not to go out just because you 'think' you are too old. They may be great memorys BITD that doesn;t mean you still can't have a great night out in the present :):)

GET OUT GET ON IT AND LIVE YOUR LIFE :):)

Anyway where are them slippers :)

deeman72
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deeman72 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:07 pm

DJ Chance wrote:
nee wrote:

wot say you?

Couldn't agree more Neil.

My Dad who is know 56 is well into the Northern Soul scene and has 1000's of them little records :):) Went to a Northern Soul night with him a few years back and alot of people 'his' age getting down on the dancefloor (They even spinkle down Talcum powder to make it more slippy :):) )

So there is NO reason not to go out just because you 'think' you are too old. They may be great memorys BITD that doesn;t mean you still can't have a great night out in the present :):)

GET OUT GET ON IT AND LIVE YOUR LIFE :):)

Anyway where are them slippers :)
who said anything about being too old?? :?

Noizee B
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by Noizee B » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:47 pm

With me being 19 I like seeing people 15-20 years older than me dancing to some original Hardcore. If they still love the music why not? Fair enough there might be 1 or 2 out there that are parents/old enough to be a young raver's parents etc. But the people who were in the Old Skool room @ Hardcore Express really showed the main room people how it's seriously fucking done =D> 8)

Old skool picture of me from 1987- Noizee's first xmas :lol:

1992 Time (Still haven't changed abit apparently!):

My 18th birthday party- 2005 wasteeeeeeeeed! Tom Lynas on the left of me 8):

Me & Raver Paul @ My 19th birthday party- a hardcore rave ain't one without him:

Brainstormer
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Brainstormer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:54 pm

ruffer wrote:
Brainstormer wrote: Brainstorm Studio, 1992 ...guess which tune I'm working on?
plastic man or reach up? :p
Must have been the Southey Woods EP, since I was using the Amiga, all the formation stuff was done on the Atari.

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:15 am

Noizee B wrote: Raver Paul @ My 19th birthday party- a hardcore rave ain't one without him:
That man is a legend 8)