Oldskool Photos of You !!! back in the 90s !

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!

this is so the thread does not die !!

do you like looking at these funny old pics ?
83%
do you like looking at these funny old pics ?
17%

Total votes: 35

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:49 am

Late 90's this one so it's not really that old skool. However the old 90's curtains are out in force 8)

iain
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by iain » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:05 pm

deeman72 wrote:me at the cambridge eclipse 2nd birthday event in may 1992.... :lol:

is the bloke standing next to you(left) a mate of yours? i am sure he is from round this way, Middlemass was his name i think!. HOw you doing anyway mate? did you go to Eclipse the other night??

Vinyl Vera
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Vinyl Vera » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:07 pm

i so wish i had a camera back then

must say, you all look really funny

-=Marky G=-
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by -=Marky G=- » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:06 pm

Arry wrote:me an my bro in 92,Im on the left

whats it like having zammo one of the main cast of grange hill as a brother ?

Double Drop
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Double Drop » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:20 pm

I didn't have jaundice by the way. It was taken in Goldiggers' carpark back in '93, the street lights are responsible for my attractive colour. :lol:

deeman72
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by deeman72 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:39 pm

Iain wrote:
deeman72 wrote:me at the cambridge eclipse 2nd birthday event in may 1992.... :lol:
is the bloke standing next to you(left) a mate of yours? i am sure he is from round this way, Middlemass was his name i think!. HOw you doing anyway mate? did you go to Eclipse the other night??
hi iain,

yes he was one of those faces that was always around.. although can't remember his name now :oops:

no i didn't go to 'eclipse' last weekend. apart from not being around i have now 'retired' from that part of the scene. i simply live on the memories now, which imo is and was the only 'rave scene' ....

i'm not saying i don't believe in these 'reunions'. if the demand is there for them and people want to promote and go to them, then why not? it's a free country! i also know a lot of people that have gone to various old skool events recently and they have all said "it was like the old days"...

my personal feelings are that however good they are, they will never BE the old days. times have changed, those 'special' people have moved on. fashions, cultures and music have also changed. i wouldn't want to spoil my memories by trying to recreate those times. and whats more i don't take stuff anymore. i'm not saying you have to take stuff to have a good time..far from it, but everyone knows it was part of the scene back then.. the music, the stuff, the people, the buzz was all in the right place at the right time...

although i must admit if there ever was/is a 'proper' eclipse reunion held at the cambridge corn exchange i would have to dust down my dancin' shoes, persuade my wife (who was 12 at the time of eclipse) and get in the car and head for cambridge quick time!!!

wot say you?

bear
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by bear » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:42 pm

deeman72 wrote:my personal feelings are that however good they are, they will never BE the old days. times have changed, those 'special' people have moved on. fashions, cultures and music have also changed. i wouldn't want to spoil my memories by trying to recreate those times.
Spot on. I've been thinking about the whole Oldskool thing alot lately. Recently bumped into some of my old ravin crew who i hadn't seen for 9yrs, all doing well, all firmly not stuck in the past. Really not sure if spending your future, stuck in the past is a good thing ???

J3D
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Re: Oldskool Photos of You !!! back in the 90s !

Post by J3D » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:59 pm

CMcDougall wrote:
Jamie-3-Dexx wrote:Image
fukin hell Jamie, looks like a Passport pic, what a Thug :lol: , mine are actually worse :oops: i look like a Junkie (prob cause i was!)
None on Digi format at mo, still on 35mm. Will try to get 1 up of me DJing at my first Rave in a barn '91 8)
spot on mate its me passport pic hence me not smiling and looking cheerful ! :lol:
was abit of a rebel back then but ive changed my ways and am abit more repectfull !
and im no longer a fulltime stoner !

J3D

Post by J3D » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:02 pm

Brainstormer wrote:Image
Brainstorm Studio, 1992 ...guess which tune I'm working on?

aint a clue mate but your student studio looks crazy ;)

bear
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by bear » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:05 pm

Elusive wrote:
Bear wrote:
deeman72 wrote:my personal feelings are that however good they are, they will never BE the old days. times have changed, those 'special' people have moved on. fashions, cultures and music have also changed. i wouldn't want to spoil my memories by trying to recreate those times.
Spot on. I've been thinking about the whole Oldskool thing alot lately. Recently bumped into some of my old ravin crew who i hadn't seen for 9yrs, all doing well, all firmly not stuck in the past. Really not sure if spending your future, stuck in the past is a good thing ???
hardcore breaks is the future ;)
Sure is. Spent £££ over the last few months. Still having serious issues with the whole thing though. How come out of a crew of 15, i'm the only one who hasn't moved on ???

eddievoyager
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by eddievoyager » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:51 pm

Bear wrote:
Elusive wrote:
Bear wrote: Spot on. I've been thinking about the whole Oldskool thing alot lately. Recently bumped into some of my old ravin crew who i hadn't seen for 9yrs, all doing well, all firmly not stuck in the past. Really not sure if spending your future, stuck in the past is a good thing ???
hardcore breaks is the future ;)
Sure is. Spent £££ over the last few months. Still having serious issues with the whole thing though. How come out of a crew of 15, i'm the only one who hasn't moved on ???
perhaps u just ahve good taste? ;)

livvy
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door

Post by livvy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:49 pm

oh well me in the 90's

DJ-DR34DNOUGHT
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by DJ-DR34DNOUGHT » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:08 pm

Elusive wrote:its the same for me though mate, i'm the only one out of my djing crew left
they all just bandwagon jumped, and got bored of it, we didn't
i don't see the problem with still being into it, until something better comes along i'll still be right on it
look like i'm taking the hardcore to my grave with me, as there is nothing better out there for me
just enjoy it, otherwise buy the lastest artic monkey's album like the rest of the sheep in the country :gay:
i find being into those throwaway bands sadder than being into hardcore
at least your following your heart instead of a current trend :gay:
spot on man
& this thread reminds me ive been after a pic of me taken in 1990 standin on our broadcast block :) stupidly holding the transmits die pole n soaking up rf's nice shot of canary wharf in background will try to dig it out but its taken ahem years to get me m8 to dig it out tah for the reminder :D

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 pm

Elusive wrote:its the same for me though mate, i'm the only one out of my djing crew left
they all just bandwagon jumped, and got bored of it, we didn't
i don't see the problem with still being into it, until something better comes along i'll still be right on it
look like i'm taking the hardcore to my grave with me, as there is nothing better out there for me
just enjoy it, otherwise buy the lastest artic monkey's album like the rest of the sheep in the country :gay:
i find being into those throwaway bands sadder than being into hardcore
at least your following your heart instead of a current trend :gay:
Spot on Dave =D>

drift
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by drift » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:50 pm

Brainstormer wrote:Image
Brainstorm Studio, 1992 ...guess which tune I'm working on?
That's a superb photo. If you ever get another EP out with just your stuff on it you need to use that as picture sleeve art! ;)