Discogs seller richnrgflash

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
The_Ruffneck
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Discogs seller richnrgflash

Post by The_Ruffneck » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:12 am

This guy always has the same tunes pop up in my weekly discogs "new items for sale in your wantlist" email.Does he constantly relist or something? Has been going on for over a year.

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: Discogs seller richnrgflash

Post by nebkins » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:17 am

He has so many records he just never bothers lowering the prices. Ive had over 100 records of his in my wants list for like 5+ years and they will continue to be in my wants list as they are overpriced. If he took time to check current market values then he would sell more but i guess when you have 30,000 records or more for sale it really doesnt matter as the sales will come in regardless

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:40 am

Him, DJ DTL and plenty of others, it's the most annoying thing on discogs and they won't change it because they make a lot of money out of those sellers. I dread to think how many wants I've missed out on due to those dicks maxing out my daily email relisting their stock.

In my experience the sellers that tend to do this aren't very honest with their grading either, I try and avoid them.

dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by dj_gyr8 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:41 am

Hi,

I know Richard, very nice chap.

The thing with Discogs, it allows sellers to unlist, them relist - until Discogs stops this...

I've tried it years ago myself, when getting rid of spares - you'd find, the very same day you relist, approx 5% of your stock would sell - even without lowering prices...

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:51 am

He posts on here! :lol: :lol:

What gets me about him is the fact that he will list a tune as, let's say, Mint. You get it, and it's VG+ at a push.

That and the fact that his prices are retail prices. Stuff that's commercial will be £6+. Ridiculous, really.

rage is spot on with what he's saying. :wink:

I've lost count the amount of times I've asked "Will I receive the record in the condition that you've stated?" He say's yes, and I when i get it it's 8/10 times not met the requirements that he's put up or I've wanted.

There's some sellers on that site that you can take their word as gold, and when you receive a record you can guarantee that the record will be in better condition than they stated, and that you'll NEVER have a problem with them.

Rich isn't one of them. Sorry to be a d!ck, Ric!

Ric
He never locked his car door

Post by Ric » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm not Rich Energyflash. I used to call myself Energyflash on here but dropped it. He does live in the same town and I used to buy stuff in his shop but we're definitely different people...just a coincidence on the name front :)

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:11 pm

The_Ruffneck wrote:weekly
Weekly? I get one every day, usually comes around 3am and it's one of the first things I do when I wake up. Early bird catches the worm and all that :D

If they increased the email limit to 300 I wouldnt have a problem, if they refuse to deal with those sellers this would be another way around it and they would make more money out of me. I've only got about 800 on my wants it shouldn't be hitting the limit.

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Ric wrote:I'm not Rich Energyflash. I used to call myself Energyflash on here but dropped it. He does live in the same town and I used to buy stuff in his shop but we're definitely different people...just a coincidence on the name front :)
I think you are telling lies. The only way to prove you are not is to give me all your records for free....... I know! But you have to prove yourself over the internet & I think this is the right way of doing it! ;)

Ric

Post by Ric » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:23 pm

lien wrote: I think you are telling lies. The only way to prove you are not is to give me all your records for free....... I know! But you have to prove yourself over the internet & I think this is the right way of doing it! ;)
Seems reasonable to me. :smile:

I thought the whole Energyflash mixup had long gone.
I get his records for sale popping up on my wants all the time too.
To add a layer of confusion, on discogs I'm Epitome-Of-Hype :lol:

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:06 pm

Ric wrote:Seems reasonable to me. :smile:
See you in the morning with a van...... ;) :lol: