Keeping Vinyl Alive Intense Pre-order

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Keeping Vinyl Alive Intense Pre-order

Post by Elusive9T2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:42 pm

In case anyone missed this on social media, Will may do an official post anyway

http://keepingvinylalive.bigcartel.com/ ... -order-now

smeagol
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: Keeping Vinyl Alive Intense Pre-order

Post by smeagol » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:47 pm

What social media does this get posted on then I feel I ma be missing out on things as I only check on here for all my old skool needs

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:05 pm

smeagol wrote:What social media does this get posted on then I feel I ma be missing out on things as I only check on here for all my old skool needs
I seem to see most of the current releases on Facebook
The jungle bandwagon is rolling on there at the moment if that is your bag
Loads of releases that don't seem to be being on posted here

lien
B2VOS VIP 2011
B2VOS VIP 2011

Post by lien » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Elusive9T2 wrote:I seem to see most of the current releases on Facebook The jungle bandwagon is rolling on there at the moment if that is your bag Loads of releases that don't seem to be being on posted here
Or you can just remove yourself from that social tripe & be so underground you play the originals ;)

vigilante
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by vigilante » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:55 pm

so i clicked the 2nd soundclip -where the sun dont shine- took me back to one of my 1st tapes i was given as a 15 year old, damn , what a rush , will be bagging for sure

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:26 pm

I've got the originals of these tunes, but this triple release is the dogs. You would be mad to not want one of these bad boys! Ordered ta

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by what evil lurks » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:51 pm

it's a mistake not posting these new releases on this board. We've been supporting the scene way before facebook and some of us don't even use it.

silky
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by silky » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:23 am

I am sure Will plans to put an official link up anyway, he always does.

To be fair to him he is literally "Keeping Vinyl Alive!" for us who love this music.
Last edited by silky on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

electric tribe
He never locked his car door

Post by electric tribe » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:32 am

Give Will a break :lol: He always posts them (here usually first). But lets face it this board is not a lively as it once was, FB is where most people are these days and its busier on there than it was here at its height.

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:56 am

electric tribe wrote:Give Will a break :lol: He always posts them (here usually first). But lets face it this board is not a lively as it once was, FB is where most people are these days and its busier on there than it was here at its height.
Agreed, plus Will is a busy man
I don't think people even realize the admin that goes into these releases
It has been posted, so lets leave it at that

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:00 am

Will has smashed it with this and the Skanna triple-pack. Like most others on this board I'm lucky enough to own originals of all the released tunes (Apart from 'I Come In Peace' which still eludes me...) But what a brilliant way of making these classic tunes available to people who love vinyl and want to support it without paying the ridiculous prices that people are expecting.

Great for vinyl, great for the scene, great for the artists. Just great stuff all round :smile:

That goes for everyone else taking the time for projects like this as well (Elusive, Jedi etc...)

Keep up the good work guys :cool:

will2003

Post by will2003 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm just about to do a post on here and I do always post up releases on here and DNBA - have just been super busy with millions of FB messages and the like - but I still have a lot of love for forums like this :biggrin:

Agreed that social media is where the bulk of people now go to check out new releases, and it's invaluable - but the inescapable fact is that FB is just part of people's life now, wired into their phones etc so while it is great that there are still people using forums like this, FB etc are just here to stay and I do have to plug releases heavily on there just in order to reach the number of potential buyers necessary to make these releases work at all.

I would also say that this forum does actually seem busier recently, which is great - it really was almost dead a few months back.

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Too late, no Christmas card for you hahahahaha

PJ BreakBob
Regular
Regular

Post by PJ BreakBob » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Massive thank you for this release Will . And artwork is beautiful - it should be pinned to the main B2VOS page! For people like me who don't have originals and probably won't afford them - the dreams comes true!! I'm just waiting till my payday Tuesday anxious because I might miss it but hopefully preorder will be still open? I have checked on FB thread and there were whooping 200 pre-orders already! So social media does have massive positive side for promotion. I personally turned my back to FB - when realising it started to affect my personal life I have decided to step back it and I see positive effects already . I wish also this forum to be more lively but i see its changing now thanks to active people making efforts and thanks to new releases being mentioned
I knew B2VOS since 2005 (still got this famous t-shirt with page name I bought from friendly Camden stallholder, lol) but I was never active member on forums here but now I'm "checking in" here every day instead of being on FB and gotta say some threads here are very educational and essential for oldskool maniak. B2VOS Will Never Die and Keeping Vinyl Alive folks :)

lixx
Regular
Regular

Post by lixx » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:14 am

I hate Facebook I'll never join...but I love Will for doing this. I own half the tunes already but it was a no brainer. That Whitehouse Crew tune I've been after for what feels like a century, tunes like VIP Para Time Continuem I missed because I abandoned the scene for 10 years. I love Changing but even that has sky rocketed in price. So yeah this one was an easy decision. Now if Will can only re-release the Dubplate mix of Gwange's New Creation hint hint...