Everybody in the Place

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Ric
He never locked his car door

Everybody in the Place

Post by Ric » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:35 pm

A little video clip here of a different version, with the comment "Oldskool but new"
Seems like Liam might be tinkering...
https://instagram.com/theprodigyofficial/

what evil lurks
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Re: Everybody in the Place

Post by what evil lurks » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:49 pm

They used to play this "new" version back in 2010 and 2011. It was released here

http://www.discogs.com/Prodigy-Live-Wor ... ter/337591

Ric

Post by Ric » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Ah nice. Wonder what he's on about then..

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:22 pm

They played a new version at MK warriors dance gig 2010..dont think its the same 1 as that clip though ?

LOON-E

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:22 pm

They played a new version at MK warriors dance gig 2010..dont think its the same 1 as that clip though ?

LOON-E

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:56 am

what evil lurks wrote:They used to play this "new" version back in 2010 and 2011. It was released here

Why the fuck couldn't they have played a set like that when I saw them recently :(

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:25 pm

On a related note, a friend of mine is trying to get me to go and see Prodigy with him in November...

Tickets are about £50... can anyone tell me if it's worth an old skooler going these days? How much Experience/Jilted can I reasonably expect?

I also thought their last two albums were shit (with the exception of Warrior's Dance).

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 pm

I went to see them in Brighton in May and the only pre-Fat of the Land track they played was Their Law, probably my least favourite track on the album. They seem to be trying to ditch the rave tracks these days from my experience and what others have said, no doubt too stubborn to realise it was their best period.

Ric

Post by Ric » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

I was at that gig too. I love Their Law, however. It was definitely as Jedi described, but as a performance it was awesome. Pretty sure they played Voodoo People, as well. Nothing from Experience.

eazyflow
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by eazyflow » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Ahh...

Yeah I like Their Law too, but it's not worth £50 and a 90 minute drive.

Shame though, I would have loved to have seen them in their prime, and I can believe that they still put on a massive production... but putting up with 2 hours of that neon-tinted batton they've picked up from Pendulum over their last two albums...?

Think I'll politely decline.

Cheers guys :wink:

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Well you could get lucky, I heard they played Weather experience at the Alexandra Palace gig. I'd be more than happy with this set, just want some variety and a few classics:

I guess it's a bit like Nirvana refusing to play Smells Like Teen Spirit :)

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Yep they played weather experience at Ally Pally...sets since the day is my enemy got released seem too be 6 or so from the new album 4 or 5 from invaders..breathe..their law..firestarter and 2 or 3 rotated oldies

LOON-E

ian saunders remix
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by ian saunders remix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Do you think that the Prodigy, their stage show and new tunes, are designed in a way to make people stand still and randomly wave their hands in the air rather than dance?

Weather Experience though, what a tune. Not listened to it in a few years, but now I remember why it's my favourite tune. Never got on with that Top Buzz remix.

One of my fav rave noises is that little noise they have at 4.11 - 4.13, the kinda higher pitched one

si 2 bad
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by si 2 bad » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:39 am

I would love to see them now - purely for the show. I saw them years ago during their rave days and it was great too. I think they are moving away from their roots but hey, it's working for them! Liam is a genius and the new industrial sound still has splashes of rave in it so I do not think they have completely forgotten it. Gutted they knocked back a recent remix we did for em though. I had it up there with the Blame remix we did... :(

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 am

Definatley still plenty of dancing happening at the gigs...i suppose since they became a "stadium" band there,s always gonna be more of a cross section of fans and not just oldskoolers, Im lucky i like the new guitar/rock beat driven tunes as much as the "classics"
Gutted they havnt dropped hyperspeed in the encore for the last yr or so, Must have seen em 20 odd times now here and all over europe, Live they certainly still smash it.you cant help but go fuckin nuts,
Got tickets for dec 5th wembley with public enemy supportting..should be rockin!!

Gonna sound a bit of a geek know..but along with my sportsbike..im in the process of building a custom "classic" vespa to pose off at bike shows rd the country ( next year if its all complete by then), all the custom airbrush work and laser etching/aneealing is all based on....The Prodigy :), could have the 1st bits finished in the next few days..will give ya a sneak preview when they bk

LOON-E