Ever had a named DJ live near you?

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Ever had a named DJ live near you?

Post by Restless » Fri May 22, 2015 3:44 pm

If so, who was it? Did you ever meet them etc?

Never really had any in B'ham.

ian saunders remix
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Re: Ever had a named DJ live near you?

Post by ian saunders remix » Fri May 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Tango apparently lives in my home town of Bedworth. Never seen him about when I lived there or when I visit though.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Fri May 22, 2015 4:58 pm

I thought he was a Leamington lad like Ratty?!

Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by Richruffcut » Fri May 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Ramos, Brisk, when i was in Southampton and Adamski used to live on a farm just up the road from me and we went to the same school.

pinhead1000
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by pinhead1000 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:30 pm

dj hellfire old kinetic resident used to live round the corner and demonic mc hellfires mc literally lives behind me now 2 houses down

they used to be called mental mayhem when together not to be confused with the mental mayhem that made the choons bitd tho

heres a studio set that hellfire done back in 92

https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_pinhead/men ... -18-11-92/

oldskoolforever
He never locked his car door

Post by oldskoolforever » Fri May 22, 2015 8:12 pm

The Producer, he was a year above me at the college here. He was DJ Quickcut back then though, my friend booked him for quite a few parties. Plus we used to go along when he was at free parties, usually Easygroove would turn up as well lol.

Here is a pic my friend took of him chilling out on the floor from one of the many free parties BITD... pretty sure this was in May/June '92 :

http://www.webm8.co.uk/riddler/photogra ... 2/0010.htm

Only thing I remember from that party was him playing Force Mass Motion EP, great times :cool:

leonized
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by leonized » Fri May 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Pilgrim lives near me & I see him regularly... Haven't actually spoken to him though, just nodded hello at me front door when he's walked the dog past...

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Fri May 22, 2015 10:59 pm

leonized wrote:Pilgrim lives near me & I see him regularly... Haven't actually spoken to him though, just nodded hello at me front door when he's walked the dog past...
I met him a few years ago in the cafe of a shop where his missus was doing her own thing and he was looking for the toilet! Haha.

Also met him when I put on a night and he popped in with Glenn Aston when Glenn played for me.

Pilgrim - Paul - is a top geezer. Really nice bloke and, for my money, the best DJ on the scene. Absolute killer!

enfield_paul
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Location: Down the front, on the left by the speakers at the Ark

Post by enfield_paul » Sat May 23, 2015 6:08 am

my mate bought mc joker d's flat off him. got post addressed to mc joker d for years afterwards....

c_funk
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by c_funk » Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 am

Grooverider is from where Streatham where i live. A mate of a mate was at school with him.

massive name in the house/techno scene called Nic Fanciulli used to live in the same small estate as me

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Sat May 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Restless wrote:
leonized wrote:Pilgrim lives near me & I see him regularly... Haven't actually spoken to him though, just nodded hello at me front door when he's walked the dog past...
I met him a few years ago in the cafe of a shop where his missus was doing her own thing and he was looking for the toilet! Haha.

Also met him when I put on a night and he popped in with Glenn Aston when Glenn played for me.

Pilgrim - Paul - is a top geezer. Really nice bloke and, for my money, the best DJ on the scene. Absolute killer!
Yep, he's a nice guy. Got chatting to him years back at some old skool night in Digbeth, I was pissed and embarrassingly rambling on at him about his old mixtapes and whether he still had copies, but he didn't seem to mind! He played a great set that night too, 1990 stuff with loads of detroit techno, proper!

rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by rage » Sat May 23, 2015 12:47 pm

No such luck. Interesting stories though!

Best I can do is Matt X-Cess who went on to be half of Organ Donors helped me a lot with my scratching 96-7. He stayed at our house for a while when he got into a bit of trouble in his estate. He was (and probably still is) an excellent technical DJ.

dj jedi

Post by dj jedi » Sat May 23, 2015 2:00 pm

rage wrote:Best I can do is Matt X-Cess who went on to be half of Organ Donors helped me a lot with my scratching 96-7. He stayed at our house for a while when he got into a bit of trouble in his estate. He was (and probably still is) an excellent technical DJ.
Yep one of the best IMO! Not old skool but in 2009 I was living with Mistabishi in Bethnal Green when the whole 'fake DJ' scandal kicked off. For those that don't know he was briefly massive in the D&B scene but couldn't mix, and he got busted playing a pre-recorded CD while pretending to mix vinyl in a club. At the time his label Hopstial had a vinyl only policy, so he got dropped from the label and that was the end of his D&B career.

jamsco99
Regular
Regular

Post by jamsco99 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:23 pm

charkey white used to be next door neighbour to a mate.
he moved about 2 years ago.

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sat May 23, 2015 7:45 pm

dj jedi wrote:
rage wrote:Best I can do is Matt X-Cess who went on to be half of Organ Donors helped me a lot with my scratching 96-7. He stayed at our house for a while when he got into a bit of trouble in his estate. He was (and probably still is) an excellent technical DJ.
Yep one of the best IMO! Not old skool but in 2009 I was living with Mistabishi in Bethnal Green when the whole 'fake DJ' scandal kicked off. For those that don't know he was briefly massive in the D&B scene but couldn't mix, and he got busted playing a pre-recorded CD while pretending to mix vinyl in a club. At the time his label Hopstial had a vinyl only policy, so he got dropped from the label and that was the end of his D&B career.
Ha! I remember that! What happened to him? Still around or not?