How often do you go out?

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
Traffic Cone
The Messiah of the 21st Century
The Messiah of the 21st Century

Re: How often do you go out?

Post by Traffic Cone » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:34 pm

i should be at distant planet also i think. last one was great music-wise!

i don't really go out that much any more - largely because there seems to be far fewer things to go out to. part of that is me being out of the loop - and another part is that i don't really have any urge to go to squat parties any more, which used to be a part of my going out.

but i think there's also fewer venues to put on the sort of smaller rave nights I'd be going to, in London. and maybe less interest too, given that a lot of the potential crowd will just go to a big free party rather than a small club night. and even Bangface - which has always been my favourite, the one thing i pretty much never miss - is now only a couple of times a year pretty much, and isn't what it used to be.

kinda comes at the right time in a way given that i am now past the days of raving every weekend. and is also partly the fault of my unfashionable tastes :D but it'd be nice to have a few more things to go to!

LOON-E
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by LOON-E » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:11 pm

5 or 6 times a year..only really seem to have a night out if im playing..long gone are the days of "raving" every weekend

LOON-E

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by jonny » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Nowadays once maybe twice a year max to a club or rave and usually just drink and do a few lines, generally i run my own night Flashback had a great night in January, back in the day started off once a week as the years went on that increased to about 3/4 times a week,madness.:)

alphawave ep
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by alphawave ep » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Not very often... Last time i went to old skool event i heard BABY D 3 times in one hour and puts me off... WestFest is worth a shot mind just for production etc..

Elusive9T2
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Post by Elusive9T2 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:18 am

It looks like distant planet is the place to be tonight
I'll see you all there if you're going :D

nebkins
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by nebkins » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Hardly go out at all but my little town has a cool 150 capacity venue which gets some big names Saw Four Tet play a 4 Hour set last night (although i crumbled after 3 hours) and he did it 100% on vinyl. Mighty impressed in this day and age.