would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
User avatar
squatski
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by squatski » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:18 pm

not trolling but, this actually feels/looks like an early prodigy video. I only knew this band because of the Xmas song they did. obviously it's a bit cheesey but there might be some good mixes on the 12"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a3ETB5QFrM

also, I heard 2 of them were ex ravers anyway.

MikeW
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5105
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:56 am

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by MikeW » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 pm

haha, no!

User avatar
Strange Works
New User
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by Strange Works » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:01 am


User avatar
Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: b town down south uk

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by Richruffcut » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 am

squatski wrote:not trolling but, this actually feels/looks like an early prodigy video. I only knew this band because of the Xmas song they did. obviously it's a bit cheesey but there might be some good mixes on the 12"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a3ETB5QFrM

also, I heard 2 of them were ex ravers anyway.
Are you feeling ok squatski? Haha:)

You just made my night mate

User avatar
Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: b town down south uk

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by Richruffcut » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:12 am

Strange Works wrote:
If i never hear that again it will be too soon! Terrible

User avatar
deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by deebom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:37 am

I pride myself on being able to throw anything on vinyl into a mix.
E17? No. They are lamer than a 3 legged donkey with Ebola. That tune of theirs 'Stay' or whatever it's called is a joke. Turn the volume down and look at the vid. Wannabe gangster wiggers to the full. You'd think they are talking about drugs, money, bitches and guns, but no, it's a poorly written, poorly sung love ballad about him losing his bird.
Identity crisis much?

User avatar
Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5646
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:00 am

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by Ric » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:15 pm

deebom wrote:poorly sung love ballad about him losing his bird.
Identity crisis much?
It's actually about his brother who committed suicide.
I only know that because a long time ex girlfriend was fully into the band as a teenager.

User avatar
Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5646
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:00 am

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by Ric » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Ric wrote:
deebom wrote:poorly sung love ballad about him losing his bird.
Identity crisis much?
It's actually supposedly about his brother who committed suicide.
I only know that because a long time ex girlfriend was fully into the band as a teenager.
The lyrics are a bit odd if that's true though :)

User avatar
extreme
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by extreme » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:44 pm

short answer, No.

I do remember Brian Harvey on The Big Breakfast the same day as True Steppers, in his interview he said oh yeah i already know Andy, i have all his records when he was running Boogie Beat.. so there you have it.

User avatar
squatski
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by squatski » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:46 pm

not even this? lol

User avatar
squatski
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by squatski » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Don't worry guys tho, I'm not actually a fan of E17. infact, every time i've seen that Brian harvey I've thought, what a bellend.

User avatar
Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: b town down south uk

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by Richruffcut » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:22 pm

squatski wrote:not even this? lol
Just looked it up and it was Austin Reynolds behind this version, you learn something everyday. Not great though is it.

User avatar
deebom
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by deebom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Ric wrote:
deebom wrote:poorly sung love ballad about him losing his bird.
Identity crisis much?
It's actually about his brother who committed suicide.
I only know that because a long time ex girlfriend was fully into the band as a teenager.
Well I just had to Google that. Here are the lyrics. Bit odd if you ask me.
Baby if you've got to go away
I don't think
I can take the pain
Won't you stay another day
Oh don't leave me alone like this
Don't say it's the final kiss
Won't you stay another day

Don't you know
We've come too far now
Just to go
And try to throw it all away
Thought I heard you say
You love me
That your love was gonna be here to stay
I've only just begun
To know you
All I can say is
Won't you stay just one more day

Baby if you've got to go away
I don't think
I can take the pain
Won't you stay another day
Oh don't leave me alone like this
Don't say it's the final kiss
Won't you stay another day

I touch your face while you are sleeping
And hold your hand
Don't understand what's going on
Good times we had return
To haunt me
Though it's for you
All that I do seem to be wrong

Baby if you've got to go away
I don't think
I can take the pain
Won't you stay another day
Oh don't leave me alone like this
Won't you stay another day

User avatar
Richruffcut
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: b town down south uk

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by Richruffcut » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Loads of pop acts trying to get a piece of the rave action back in the day. Who remembers that Bananarama only your love (hardcore version) piss poor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJMgloLwc_k

Remember this as well:

Michael Jackson - Beat It (moby's sub mix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5c1tHLPXLM#t=64

User avatar
lentrix
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3658
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:49 pm
Location: london

Re: would you ever include East 17 in a DJ mix?

Post by lentrix » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Ric wrote:
deebom wrote:quote]
It's actually about his brother who committed suicide.
I only know that because a long time ex girlfriend was fully into the band as a teenager.
I believe this is true - read/heard it somewhere

Locked