Red Records

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Red Records

Post by jonny » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:24 pm

http://www.discogs.com/label/6241-Red-Records-5

Some of you may have heard about Red Records which was Irelands best and most successful dance music imprint.

I went to a celebration of red records old skool last night and it was absolutely brilliant, the tunge,atmosphere and lasers were right out of the top drawer,absolutely rammed and Dublins lover affair with old skool never ends.

Mark Kavanagh, co-label founder who is probably Irelands best ever DJ and should be given a lifetime achievement award for his contributions to the scene IMO played a solid hour of red records material and id forgotten just how brilliant some of the tunes were, many might not have heard of this label before as it was exclusively in Ireland but did recieve some airtime on MTV Dance in 94,

dj jedi

Re: Red Records

Post by dj jedi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:26 am

What kind of music was it mate? I'm not really up on Ireland's old skool scene. I'm guessing more house than hardcore? But I saw the photos on FB and it looked great!

jonny
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons

Re: Red Records

Post by jonny » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:51 pm

id say primarily progressive house and some trance and techno, hardcore in Ireland was very limited and very underground , i was probably one of a very small bunch of people who had been to the UK and been to raves and was really into it, tne legendary asylum club here used to play hardcore in 92 on the top floor but it was mostly bonzai type stuff they played,mental place,, the vast majority were into house and that's still my first love, but i love pretty much all styles back in the day,, red records was amazing all the same.

here's one of only a small few videos from the scene in Dublin back in the day, Sides DC was undoubtedly the best ever rave club in Ireland,my local for years, started playing acid house in 89 sadly closed in 97.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTTdxj5Q5eE