DJ RAP TAKEOVER

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
rage
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Re: DJ RAP TAKEOVER

Post by rage » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:56 pm

No names have mentioned Andy. I have just seen a lot of people talking of selling out lately, and drew my own conclusions as to who they were referring to due to the timing around that Heartbeat Loud release and signing to Atlantic. They could have been talking about anyone though. I disagree that he has carried DnB for years, I used to completely idolise RAM Records but the stuff they have put out over the last 10 years hasnt been of much interest to me, he is a big DJ yes but the people who carry Drum and Bass are the producers, the ones that make the music.

It was very dark in the DnB room, hardly any lights to speak of. I read about a few bits of trouble here and there but didnt witness any personally!

Restless
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy

Post by Restless » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Got ya. Cheers.

ian saunders remix
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver

Post by ian saunders remix » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Ric wrote:
dj_gyr8 wrote:Hi,

Agreed, those are the only good tracks IMO, it is a shame the productions didn't stay as good through 93 onwards.

I still think both sound more like 'engineers' tracks...
Same here. Never thought Divine Rhythm was by Rap, it's just too good for a first attempt. The Heaven remix of Digable Bass is so well produced....nah, not her. Pete Parsons most likely did the whole thing. As for Divine Rhythm...I do wonder who wrote that one.
Well she was involved in that Ambience - The adored release too. Maybe Jeff B helped her in the studio on Divine Rhythm

fubar168
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fubar168 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Restless wrote:
jimee wrote:Dj Rap threads on here usually end up with someone posting the picture of her with her minge out, whos gonna do the honors this time!?
:lol: :lol: [-o<
Perfect...

She seems really nice when i met her and still think she's lush. That shit American/English accent has to happen when you live here otherwise you get nowhere. You get tired of pronouncing words in the manner you're used to so just give in and used the letter 'd' instead of 't'.

fubar168
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fubar168 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:53 pm

I have that grub mag in the loft at my mums house. I wonder if she's ever been asked to sign one?

lemsip
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master

Post by lemsip » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:02 pm

Restless wrote:
eazyflow wrote:
What's with the weird American crossover accent?

That rave does look awful. A far cry from the raves of the 90's.
Haha!

"Impressionable" is the word I think that you're looking for (when someone's accent changes).
I've been in America since 96 and it takes effort to keep talking properly. The hardest thing is choosing words. I know I say things that sound American and I do get the piss taken by my family.