A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Old Skool chat, tune discussions.
No tape packs or mix tape posts in the forum please!
User avatar
Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Wales,UK
Contact:

A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Nits » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Looking through notes/wants-lists that I made some years back, I came across a few tunes that I can't find any info on. Checked cogs, and I can't find anything listed. I'm not even sure if some of these exist! Can anyone help?

Killa Bytes Vol 1
Wipe-Out Records WO 6732025
Sour Mash E.P (not Andy C)
Evolution - Promised Land (White Label)
RUSH A MUFFIN - TILL DAWN (BOGWOPPA?)
LOGGI - NOW THAT YOU'RE GONE (SOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND?)
STUDIO 2 - HOLD YA SPACE (WHITE LABEL)

A tune with the beats from Horizons by LTJ Bukem with the Bladerunner theme tune over the top.
Late 96/ early 97 on a white label ONLY - one side had the BMW logo on it with the letters BNW.

User avatar
dj jedi
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10142
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:00 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by dj jedi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:43 pm

The only jungle tune I can think of with a BMW logo on the label is this:

http://www.discogs.com/Bass-Master-Warr ... ase/263400

User avatar
Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Wales,UK
Contact:

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Nits » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm

There's at least another tune with the BMW logo (which I can't think of right now), but the one I'm after is BNW, not BMW.

jj
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by jj » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 pm

The Loggi tune is on Jungle Mania 3
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Jungle-M ... ase/370343
Nits wrote: A tune with the beats from Horizons by LTJ Bukem with the Bladerunner theme tune over the top.
Late 96/ early 97 on a white label ONLY - one side had the BMW logo on it with the letters BNW.
http://www.discogs.com/JDL-Give-It-Up/release/409846

User avatar
Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Wales,UK
Contact:

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Nits » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Nice 1 jj! Thanks :)

User avatar
renegadegenius
Nicolas Parsons
Nicolas Parsons
Posts: 20208
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:53 am
Location: Bat Beat Vol 2 - It's Still Here!!!! (as are a few copies of Vol 1)

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by renegadegenius » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Killa Bytes - nothing to do with this is it?

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/184137

User avatar
Deepbass9
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:37 pm
Location: Some where between a rock and a hard place.

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Deepbass9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 pm

jj wrote:The Loggi tune is on Jungle Mania 3
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Jungle-M ... ase/370343
Nits wrote: A tune with the beats from Horizons by LTJ Bukem with the Bladerunner theme tune over the top.
Late 96/ early 97 on a white label ONLY - one side had the BMW logo on it with the letters BNW.
http://www.discogs.com/JDL-Give-It-Up/release/409846

i have been after that loggi tune but i think it is unreleased?

User avatar
Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Wales,UK
Contact:

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Nits » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 pm

renegadegenius wrote:Killa Bytes - nothing to do with this is it?

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/184137
Don't think so. I remember Killerhertz tune being discussed before, but pretty sure it's nothing to do with the one I'm after.

User avatar
Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Wales,UK
Contact:

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Nits » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Deepbass9 wrote:
jj wrote:i have been after that loggi tune but i think it is unreleased?
Seems that it's compilation only...

User avatar
Ric
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5646
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:00 am

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Ric » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Is that meant to read Rush Till Dawn? Just a guess :smile:
http://www.discogs.com/Hedgehog-Affair- ... ase/138324

User avatar
dj_gyr8
Old Skool Don Daddy
Old Skool Don Daddy
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:45 pm
Location: southcoast

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by dj_gyr8 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Deepbass9 wrote:
jj wrote:The Loggi tune is on Jungle Mania 3
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Jungle-M ... ase/370343
Nits wrote: A tune with the beats from Horizons by LTJ Bukem with the Bladerunner theme tune over the top.
Late 96/ early 97 on a white label ONLY - one side had the BMW logo on it with the letters BNW.
http://www.discogs.com/JDL-Give-It-Up/release/409846

i have been after that loggi tune but i think it is unreleased?
Hi,

Wasn't that Loggi track on a SOUR sampler back in 95? May have been under a different artist name, but I'm sure it was on tweleve inch, or may be even a 4th World Order promo or TP.

User avatar
Nits
Old Skool Master
Old Skool Master
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Wales,UK
Contact:

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Nits » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Ric wrote:Is that meant to read Rush Till Dawn? Just a guess :smile:
http://www.discogs.com/Hedgehog-Affair- ... ase/138324
I don't think so Ric, but ta for pointing out the possibility :)

User avatar
oldskoolforever
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 6394
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:20 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by oldskoolforever » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 am

Nits wrote: Evolution - Promised Land (White Label)
Think it was me who was after this and had that name on my wants for ages.

Its actually this :

http://www.discogs.com/Emotion-Promised ... se/1945657

Promised Land was one of the tracks, i think i wrote down "Evolution" on my wants list either by mistake or just didn't know at the time/heard it from someone else.

User avatar
Vinyl Conflict
Oldskool Raver
Oldskool Raver
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: Higher Than The Sun

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by Vinyl Conflict » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 pm


oz
He never locked his car door
He never locked his car door
Posts: 5384
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: A few mystery tunes - help needed!

Post by oz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:27 pm


Locked